Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene V - The Valley

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Ooc I sail over to my team on the disc and touch necro with protect from evil

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

The Butcher moves like a blur, a mailed fist smashing into Vrakrash's solar plexus, sending him reeling. Jeremy emerges and places a hand on his back, causing a red glow to overcome Vrakrash.

Iuric runs up from the side his sword coming down on the Butcher's right side. He laughs as the blade struggles against the plate.

"Not enough Paladin, it'll take more..."

A blue glow overtakes the blade, pushing it through the armour, in which Iuric sees there is nothing inside save the soft dull glow of magic. An undead bound to its armour in life. Some of the magical energy spills out as the Butcher jumps back. He digs his feet into the ground to charge at Iuric when a sphere of white energy, orbited by a smaller one flies into his back, cracking the plate mail on his back and sending him flying over the edge and into the vortex.

"YOU CURS!!!!" he shouts before he falls past Jeremy and into the vortex. The vortex then seals itself up, a small pop heard after it closes.

The other look to see Retula, arm outstretched with smoke wisping from her palm.

Fourier wrote: »
    The Butcher moves like a blur, a mailed fist smashing into Vrakrash's solar plexus, sending him reeling. Jeremy emerges and places a hand on his back, causing a red glow to overcome Vrakrash.

Iuric runs up from the side his sword coming down on the Butcher's right side. He laughs as the blade struggles against the plate.

"Not enough Paladin, it'll take more..."

A blue glow overtakes the blade, pushing it through the armour, in which Iuric sees there is nothing inside save the soft dull glow of magic. An undead bound to its armour in life. Some of the magical energy spills out as the Butcher jumps back. He digs his feet into the ground to charge at Iuric when a sphere of white energy, orbited by a smaller one flies into his back, cracking the plate mail on his back and sending him flying over the edge and into the vortex.

"YOU CURS!!!!" he shouts before he falls past Jeremy and into the vortex. The vortex then seals itself up, a small pop heard after it closes.

The other look to see Retula, arm outstretched with smoke wisping from her palm.

Both ooc and inc
    COOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"So, i guess he won't be helping us now..."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

"She is a friend of yours, correct?" Iuric asks Vrakrash almost whispering.

• Advertisement

Sarric stabs the little stone again with his spear, "Next!"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash gets to his feet.

'Should we follow this abomination into the breach?'

Evade wrote: »
    "She is a friend of yours, correct?" Iuric asks Vrakrash almost whispering.

Vrakrash smiles.

'Yes... friend...'

He laughs.

'Retula is a powerful friend.'

He winces.

'Bastard hits hard.'

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash gets to his feet.

'Should we follow this abomination into the breach?'

"The vortex closed... I belive you'd be falling until you hit the bottom if you jumped in now."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Vrakrash smiles.

'Yes... friend...'

He laughs.

He winces.

'Bastard hits hard.'

"Please. Acquaintance at best. This tool sold me into slavery as a 'ruse' but kind of forgot to come back for me after. I only have two friends. And I blew one of them up earlier this morning to win a bet. So....just.....just leave me alone."

• Advertisement

Vrakrash smiles.

'Yes... friend...'

He laughs.

He winces.

'Bastard hits hard.'
    "Good. Undead hordes, strange arms jutting from portals, and genocidal Dwarf Kings are no problem but her..." Iuric pats Vrakrash on the back a few times "Onwards to the sword?"

OOC: Healing/Lay on Hands to heal 8HP.

"Onwards to the sword, good plan."
    Sarric takes the question as an order and ventures onwards, in search of the sword.

"Good. Undead hordes, strange arms jutting from portals, and genocidal Dwarf Kings are no problem but her..." Iuric pats Vrakrash on the back a few times "Onwards to the sword?"

OOC: Healing/Lay on Hands to heal 8HP.

'Thank you Iuric, again healing me when I seem to bring trouble on myself. Although that beast threatened me, I could not let it lie. We should continue onwards, I agree.'

Vrakrash follows Sarric onwards in search of Durandal.

"TO THE SWORD!" Iuric exclaims almost giddily.

"TO THE SWORD!" Iuric exclaims almost giddily.

**see even he knows it’s the sword and not his sword**

OOC: Well, yeah. Iuric's never even seen the sword before. It could turn out to be a toothpick with some really good PR.

Caught up in the moment, Retula summons Mr H. Then remembers what a bitch she is. Sighing, she falls in behind the group, on foot, like a schmuck.

Jack Moore wrote: »
    **see even he knows it’s the sword and not his sword**
    **Agreed, an admirable quality**

The stone now has the Butcher's name permanently engraved and doesn't respond to further pokes from Sarric.

The group head down further into the valley where they encounter little cairn tombs made of rock, over forty at least, dotted about the next part of the valley.

Iuric examines a few of the closer tombs for any familiar religious markings.

• Advertisement

The stone now has the Butcher's name permanently engraved and doesn't respond to further pokes from Sarric.

The group head down further into the valley where they encounter little cairn tombs made of rock, over forty at least, dotted about the next part of the valley.

I float down to investigate.

"do you think the sword will be in a cairn, or do we ignore them and move on? Take some time to search all 40 cairns, we could divide and conquer, split up and search them."

Vrakrash looks to Iuric.

'Every second cairn perhaps?'

Vrakrash starts with the one below Iuric and follows in a similar pattern from that.

Retula joins in, raven on shoulder for the bonus unless he's still huge, looking for traps, especially faint glyphs that might make bed time even further away.

Sarric blast a cairn with a fire bolt, hoping to find a quick way to spill its contents.

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric blast a cairn with a fire bolt, hoping to find a quick way to spill its contents.

“Don’t do that!”

Jack Moore wrote: »
    I float down to investigate.
    As he floats down form his vantage point on the disk, Jeremy can make out clusterings in the cairns, essentially they form groups of five smaller ones around a central, slightly bigger, sixth one. There are seven such groups.

Iuric examines a few of the closer tombs for any familiar religious markings.
    No religious markings known to Iuric to speak of, though certainly runes. Given their unornamented style he would guess they provide simple information.

As he floats down form his vantage point on the disk, Jeremy can make out clusterings in the cairns, essentially they form groups of five smaller ones around a central, slightly bigger, sixth one. There are seven such groups.

I float over to them

• Advertisement

Vrakrash looks to Iuric.

'Every second cairn perhaps?'

Vrakrash starts with the one below Iuric and follows in a similar pattern from that.
    The cairn is a single room with a zombie bound into a grave struggling to get out. It holds a worn out axe. Various bits and bobs in the tomb come to about 10GP in total Vrakrash would guess.

Advertisement