Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene V - The Valley

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash looks for any way around the swords.

If not, he backs up and takes out his crossbow, loads and fires at one of the guardian's heads.
    OOC: Init

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Evade wrote: »
    "The Clockwork King, the last known wielder of Durandal. Could this be it?" Iuric says to no one in particular with clear excitement in his voice. He impatiently waits for Retula to finish examining the passage for traps before proceeding.

"Dude, quit tapping that toe. I'm not a professional, if you want the job done right hire a thief, not a funnel through which death itself pours it's awesome power into this miserable plane. Common sense!"

Gingerly she tries the door.

Banjo wrote: »
    "Dude, quit tapping that toe. I'm not a professional, if you want the job done right hire a thief, not a funnel through which death itself pours it's awesome power into this miserable plane. Common sense!"

Gingerly she tries the door.
    The door comes free, lifting back a bit, before retracting upward, the clicks of gears being heard.

Inside is a tomb with a sarcophagus and a large golden bowl filled with jewlery, from here at an estimate the combined worth would be 700GP.

Another door lies to the tomb's North.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"You wanna tomb raid, be my guest. Sort of a conflict of interest for me. Unless there's something really cool, cause then all bets are off - the dead got no use for magic stuff. Ok that's not true, they have plenty of uses for it, that's kind of the problem, they keep getting themselves in trouble, and sorting it all out us exhausting... Robbing their cool **** is for their own good!"

Retula has a look at the sarcophagus, looking for indications of who's inside

Ooc : oops, that's a commitment to entering I suppose. Peepers alert for traps, passive gets +4 from bird...

Fourier wrote: »
    OOC: Init
    Vrakrash's bolt lands in one of the statues heads, as they raise their swords to attack him, he quickly says the first four words of "The Lay of the Boy who loved the wind" while tracing out the magical symbol for wind with his right hand. A wall of sound emerges from him, which the statues respond to by digging their feet into the ground and crossing their arms to protect their faces.

Only slightly cracked from the blast they both swing their swords at Vrakrash, the flat of the swords walloping against his sides as he feels ribs crack. He takes a quick breather before whirling with his weapons and smashing them to bits.

Ser Boros enters just before the last one is smashed.

"Vrakrash I heard a fight...never mind seems you have things under control"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Iuric heads into the room "I seek only the sword" and opens the door to the North.

Banjo wrote: »
    Retula has a look at the sarcophagus, looking for indications of who's inside

Ooc : oops, that's a commitment to entering I suppose. Peepers alert for traps, passive gets +4 from bird...
    From the painting on the sarcophagus lid, it is clearly the builder.

The bowl has gears on it, Hetyaro no longer can fit easily in the tomb, he examines the gears, which are actively ticking.

Iuric heads into the room "I seek only the sword" and opens the door to the North.
    Inside the Northern chamber is a group of eight undead soldiers.

"Oh, a new Master" one of them says to Iuric.

"We were bound to Lollerene in life, but well, he didn't rise, so pleased to be in your employ..."

He extends a hand to Iuric.

Suddenly everybody becomes visible and Karinth returns to normal.

Vrakrash turns intangible.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash's bolt lands in one of the statues heads, as they raise their swords to attack him, he quickly says the first four words of "The Lay of the Boy who loved the wind" while tracing out the magical symbol for wind with his right hand. A wall of sound emerges from him, which the statues respond to by digging their feet into the ground and crossing their arms to protect their faces.

Only slightly cracked from the blast they both swing their swords at Vrakrash, the flat of the swords walloping against his sides as he feels ribs crack. He takes a quick breather before whirling with his weapons and smashing them to bits.

Ser Boros enters just before the last one is smashed.

"Vrakrash I heard a fight...never mind seems you have things under control"

Vrakrash pants slightly whilst retrieving his bolt from the rubble.

'Statues... blocking... gems'

He responds.

Vrakrash inspects the cauldron and gems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Cantrip; minor illusion on myself a thicket.

Vrakrash pants slightly whilst retrieving his bolt from the rubble.

'Statues... blocking... gems'

He responds.

Vrakrash inspects the cauldron and gems.
    His hand goes through the bolt.

"Vrakrash...what devilry is this" Ser Boros attempts to place a hand on Vrakrash's shoulder, but it passes through him.

Jack Moore wrote: »
    Cantrip; minor illusion on myself a thicket.
    OOC: Roll d20

Inside the Northern chamber is a group of eight undead soldiers.

"Oh, a new Master" one of them says to Iuric.

"We were bound to Lollerene in life, but well, he didn't rise, so pleased to be in your employ..."

He extends a hand to Iuric.
    "Master, no. Deliverer from undeath suffering, indeed." Iuric draws his sword and attacks.
    Suddenly everybody becomes visible and Karinth returns to normal.

Vrakrash turns intangible.
    OOC:Was Kanrith still on Iuric's shoulder?

His hand goes through the bolt.

"Vrakrash...what devilry is this" Ser Boros attempts to place a hand on Vrakrash's shoulder, but it passes through him.

'Errr.. Ser Boros, be a darling and retrieve my bolt and gems from that cauldron please... maybe check it for danger first. I seem to be slightly disembodied.'

OOC: Infallible wold have been better :P

OOC:Was Kanrith still on Iuric's shoulder?
    Karinth leaps off.

"I'm growing, at last..."

He returns to his normal size quickly.
    "Master, no. Deliverer from undeath suffering, indeed." Iuric draws his sword and attacks.
    Bound to Iuric as master, the undead patiently wait while he dismembers them.

Karinth leans on one's shoulder "Anti undead lawful cult of some sort, common enough. You feel pain?"

"No fortunately" the undead replies as one goes down from Iuric's blows.

OOC: Roll d20

ooc 13 (+3)

"Undeath is a violation of the laws of nature and as an enforcer of law it is... difficult for me to leave them be. It is my hope they are judged fairly in the afterlife if this was not of their choosing." Iuric tries to justify himself to Kanrith.

Iuric examines the room for any more evidence of the Clockwork King.

OOC: Kanrith is a vampire right?

"Undeath is a violation of the laws of nature and as an enforcer of law it is... difficult for me to leave them be. It is my hope they are judged fairly in the afterlife if this was not of their choosing." Iuric tries to justify himself to Kanrith.

Iuric examines the room for any more evidence of the Clockwork King.

OOC: Kanrith is a vampire right?
    OOC: Yep, Celric is on purpose

"No worries Cleric, we each have our goals"

The last undead falls to Iurics blade.

Within the room, besides the undead, there is simply a pit.

'Errr.. Ser Boros, be a darling and retrieve my bolt and gems from that cauldron please... maybe check it for danger first. I seem to be slightly disembodied.'

OOC: Infallible wold have been better :P
    "Taking the wealth of another in death...I would not normally do this, but you are a loyal companion..."

He takes a single gem.

"...a small exception in your case"

• Advertisement

ooc 13 (+3)

Ooc I have just seen how you guys remember each others game names, very clever.

"Taking the wealth of another in death...I would not normally do this, but you are a loyal companion..."

He takes a single gem.

"...a small exception in your case"

Vrakrash shrugs.

'A single gem from the Inner World may be worth more than all of the gems in the Outer. Thank you. Shall we join the others?'

Vrakrash floats/walks/passes/whatever intangible beings do to move - towards the central cairn.

OOC: Yep
    OOC: As far as I know Iuric doesn't know yet.

"No worries Cleric, we each have our goals"
    "Paladin" Iuric corrects slightly frustrated "Clerics are beholden to the whims of their gods. Paladins are usually more beholden to ourselves although my situation is slightly more complicated."

Within the room, besides the undead, there is simply a pit.
    Iuric looks into the pit.

"Paladin" Iuric corrects slightly frustrated "Clerics are beholden to the whims of their gods. Paladins are usually more beholden to ourselves although my situation is slightly more complicated."
    "Like a Cleric with a bit of chest hair, I like it. Paladin Iuric then"
    Iuric looks into the pit.
    It is quite dark, the cracking a churning of gears can be heard deep below.

ooc 13 (+3)
    Jeremy goes completely invisible, soundless and scentless to all but himself, unless he chooses otherwise.

Vrakrash shrugs.

'A single gem from the Inner World may be worth more than all of the gems in the Outer. Thank you. Shall we join the others?'

Vrakrash floats/walks/passes/whatever intangible beings do to move - towards the central cairn.
    "Yes lets"

Vrakrash finds he can walk on the ground, but passes through the wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric ventures inside, saying "hi" to jack who seems to be grasping an axe at the entrance and is shocked when he suddenly disappears. He proceeds on anyway and follows the sounds of chatter.

"Like a Cleric with a bit of chest hair, I like it. Paladin Iuric then"
    "That is one way to look at it, I suppose"

Iuric picks an undead warrior's weapon, casts light on it and drops it into the pit.

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric ventures inside, saying "hi" to jack who seems to be grasping an axe at the entrance and is shocked when he suddenly disappears. He proceeds on anyway and follows the sounds of chatter.
    Sarric quickly makes his way to the tomb with the sarcophagus and the golden geared bowl.

• Advertisement

"That is one way to look at it, I suppose"

Iuric picks an undead warrior's weapon, casts light on it and drops it into the pit.
    The weapon lands at the bottom. A naked man sits at the bottom of the pit in the midst of machine gears.

Advertisement