Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene V - The Valley

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

'Ooh! Ser Boros, continue to join the others - I'm going to try this new ability out!'

Vrakrash takes off running towards the closest unexplored cairn and runs through one of its walls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric examines the bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric examines the bowl.
    The gears are meticulously crafted and the bowl is heavy with gems. No writing or symbols adorn the bowl, nor images.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Fourier wrote: »
    The weapon lands at the bottom. A naked man sits at the bottom of the pit in the midst of machine gears.
    "Hello, are you in need of assistance?" Iuric calls down to the naked man.

Evade wrote: »
    "Hello, are you in need of assistance?" Iuric calls down to the naked man.
    The man coughs up seawater and ash and roars up at them in some unknown language. His voice is hoarse and full of rage.

• Advertisement

Sarric takes one gem from the bowl and dives out of the room.

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Ooh! Ser Boros, continue to join the others - I'm going to try this new ability out!'

Vrakrash takes off running towards the closest unexplored cairn and runs through one of its walls.
    He passes right through the walls and into a Cairn, 2E, with a mechanical copy of a beholder floating above a silver crossbow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Sarric quickly makes his way to the tomb with the sarcophagus and the golden geared bowl.

I follow Sarric

He passes right through the walls and into a Cairn, 2E, with a mechanical copy of a beholder floating above a silver crossbow.

Vrakrash waves at the beholder and walks through the opposite wall.

'Ok, enough of that. Finding the others now.'

He heads back for the central cairn.

The man coughs up seawater and ash and roars up at them in some unknown language. His voice is hoarse and full of rage.
    "Sprechen Sie Himmlisch?"

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »
    "Sprechen Sie Himmlisch?"
    The man responds in crude celestial.

"You disturb contemplation of process, me not disturb"

Vrakrash waves at the beholder and walks through the opposite wall.

'Ok, enough of that. Finding the others now.'

He heads back for the central cairn.
    Vrakrash enters the Cairn through the wall into the same room as Karinth and Iuric.

"Ghost or intangible?" Karinth asks.

'Intangible, I suppose. I didn't die yet... that I know of. What's down the hole?'

Vrakrash walks to the edge and drops in.

'Intangible, I suppose. I didn't die yet... that I know of. What's down the hole?'

Vrakrash walks to the edge and drops in.
    Too late to stop him Iuric answers Vrakrash "Someone who wishes to be left alone"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

From the painting on the sarcophagus lid, it is clearly the builder.

The bowl has gears on it, Hetyaro no longer can fit easily in the tomb, he examines the gears, which are actively ticking.

"Ok ok, you stand outside, keep watch. I'm warning you now though, you stay that size I'm getting you a saddle. And a cigar."

Retula tries to discern the purpose of the gears. If she can't she tries to arrest their motion with a dagger tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Mags sits among the cairns, holding his head and rocking slowly back and forth. The beat of the dragon drums and having a large chunk of jungle fall on him have taken their toll so that his head is only now starting to clear.
    He looks around at the cairns, some dismantled, some intact, some blasted asunder. It's doesn't look like pagoda city anymore. Last he remembers is a Prince of the city saluting him and the thoughts of a royal reward. That was just before being hit with a jungle.

"Awww ****, I knew that much longleaf would get me in the end. Now I'm hearing voices without even having smoked anything."

Still groggy he staggers to his feels after what seems like only a short rest and looks around in the hopes of finding somewhere that might offer kebabosaurs or at least a stiff drink. Rummaging through his bag he finds some rations and starts to nom while he counts his limbs just to be sure he's all there.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Mags's view over the valley reveals little in the way of civilization. Beyond the cairns he he sees a heavily forested area, where he can make out the occasional whisps of smoke.

Noting the smoke for further investigation Mags heads for the central cairn where most of the voices seem to be emanating.
    "Hello? Helloooooo! Anyone alive and not dangerous in here?"

Mags finds Sarric and Retula in the second room of the cairn, an austere tomb. The former investigating a large golden bowl filled to the brim with gems and jewels and then jumping out of the room. The latter looking at a sarcophagus.

"Sarric! Ah man, I should just give up being surprised by coincidences and magic stuff. Nice to see you still alive.
    As for you Retula, hugs? Come on, bring it in, you know we have a thing going on on. By the way we are owed at least 4 silver and 11 coppers from a bookie since you won the race. Kaching, brass in pocket.
    You did win right? Wheres your horsie tied up, wanted to have a chat with him about some talking instruments I met."

• Advertisement

"Hey Roid-Rage - I told you to keep watch! Don't let people sneak up on me!

Hey Mags. I'd have responded earlier but I just pushed Jhgis III off a cliff, I am definitely not not dangerous! They didn't call him the Butcher because he liked to carve meat and hang it up. No wait, they did, but, like, people meat n' stuff!

Mr H is.....

<sigh>
    I won though. That was important enough, wasn't it? I mean it was all on nothing, and I can't be nothing. I can't.

Did you see the size of my Raven? Did you though?"

Banjo wrote: »
    "Hey Roid-Rage - I told you to keep watch! Don't let people sneak up on me!

Hey Mags. I'd have responded earlier but I just pushed Jhgis III off a cliff, I am definitely not not dangerous! They didn't call him the Butcher because he liked to carve meat and hang it up. No wait, they did, but, like, people meat n' stuff!

Mr H is.....

<sigh>
    I won though. That was important enough, wasn't it? I mean it was all on nothing, and I can't be nothing. I can't.

Did you see the size of my Raven? Did you though?"
    "A big raven? Nope, missed that. Did I tell you about getting clobbered by a jungle? And I stole a set of nice green armour that would have looked good on you before you changed colour and stuff.
    Gonna miss your horsie though..
    OK, need anything hit?"

OOC: Just to confirm Retula still has ink skin and bone tattoos. She will always be a psychopomp for Osinzir, i.e. she is technically a very low diety, but outside her domain, so mechanically a typical character.

"You missed him? HOW? He's the reason there's no light in here - HETYARO! Move your fat feathery ass out of the way!

You want someone to hit, go that-a-way. A ghost that looked a lot like Vrakrash just wafted through, and you know he can't go 5 minutes without punching someone and starting some ****.

I wonder if he's dead will I meet the local psychopomp, make some connections, maybe pick up some work, like a coachmans holiday? That'd be cool. Gods, I hope he's dead...."
    She smiles wistfully, missing her haunted pen and magic spirit wings...

OOC : Cheers four - I was just about to ask that!

Banjo wrote: »
    "You missed him? HOW? He's the reason there's no light in here - HETYARO! Move your fat feathery ass out of the way!
    "I may or may not have been indulging in some ...rations... and everything is a little off kilter at the moment.
    Vrakrash is here too though? Excellent fun. I'll go find him."

Mags trundles past the oversized raven again without noticing him and hunts out Vrakrash, shouting loudly,
    "Oi, Backrash, where are you hiding?"

"Hi Mags.."

Seeing as nothing out of the ordinary happened when removing just one gem, Sarric pulls a handful of gems out of the bowl and dives out of the room.

"Hi Mags.."

Seeing as nothing out of the ordinary happened when removing just one gem, Sarric pulls a handful of gems out of the bowl and dives out of the room.
    OOC: STR(Athletics) check

ooc: 8
    would have +5 mod if a dive was considered acrobatics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

I use my mage hand from earlier to grab some gems

• Advertisement

ooc: 8
    would have +5 mod if a dive was considered acrobatics.
    OOC: Reading over a few of the modules, it seems it can be either STR(Athletics) or DEX(Acrobatics), so I'll take it as a character dependent and give you the mod.

Advertisement