Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies road shoes - where to buy?

Options
  • 18-07-2018 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭

Seems to be very poor selection in the shops, in Dublin at least, for ladies road shoes. Course you can buy online but I'm always reluctant to buy footwear online cos of the hassle of returns when the fit is wrong. -I'm not looking for somewhere to go showrooming, if a shop has decent stock and sizes I (or rather she) will buy there.

Any leads?

I thought base2race might be good, being a tri shop so they probably cater for a good mix of men and women. -Is there anywhere else? Websites in my experience are not necessarily representative of actual shop stock and selection in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Get In There

fat bloke wrote: »
    Seems to be very poor selection in the shops, in Dublin at least, for ladies road shoes. Course you can buy online but I'm always reluctant to buy footwear online cos of the hassle of returns when the fit is wrong. -I'm not looking for somewhere to go showrooming, if a shop has decent stock and sizes I (or rather she) will buy there.

Any leads?

I thought base2race might be good, being a tri shop so they probably cater for a good mix of men and women. -Is there anywhere else? Websites in my experience are not necessarily representative of actual shop stock and selection in Ireland.

chain reactions. Free returns

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

chain reactions. Free returns

Really??? How does that work?

-Just looked it up there on the site. That's pretty cool. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Yep, buy a few pairs, send back the ones that don't fit.

Really handy if getting a brand of jersey etc you've not worn before. I'm not a big lad but some size m jerseys make me feel obese :pac:

So being able to get a M and L sent and knowing I can send the one I don't want back fro free is great.

On topic of shoes I generally go a size up especially with Shimano ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Why ladies shoes unless smaller than a 39?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

nak wrote: »
    Why ladies shoes unless smaller than a 39?

Ordered some nice pinky Fiziks from base2race anyway.

fat bloke wrote: »

Ordered some nice pinky Fiziks from base2race anyway.

No help now but meant to add in my last post to include kids shoes in your search. They also go up to a 38 or 5.5uk size.

Advertisement