If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio/Bluetooth Speakers

Options
  • 18-07-2018 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

Hi there, 

Just wondering if you could recommend something for me. 

I am looking for a bluetooth speaker that also doubles up as a radio. 

Really like the look/sound of Sonos Play 3 but lack of any radio setting (or indeed any clarity of whether or not it would play my radio apps!) puts me off it.

The Bluetooth would be used for both Spotify and Podcasts. 

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

chases0102 wrote: »
    Hi there, 

Just wondering if you could recommend something for me. 

I am looking for a bluetooth speaker that also doubles up as a radio. 

Really like the look/sound of Sonos Play 3 but lack of any radio setting (or indeed any clarity of whether or not it would play my radio apps!) puts me off it.

The Bluetooth would be used for both Spotify and Podcasts. 

Thanks!
    Hi Chases0102.

The Play 3 is an excellent speaker.
    You can download apps to the Sonos apps for the like of TuneInRadio which is an internet based service which can get pretty much any radio station. You can also add the likes of Spotify, Tidal and Applemusic etc to the Sonos app and access your accoutns straight from the app.
    It does not have bluetooth however.
    https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/shop/play3.html

You could perhaps look at the Dali Katch which is a fantastic Blutooth speaker. Priced at £329. You would need to use the bluettoth for radio as it has no radio tuners or features onboard.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202312-katch.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭chases0102

Hi Kenny, 

Thanks for the response, and apologies for my own delay in getting back to you!

Yeah, I really am leaning towards the Sonos....it's better priced than the Dali Katch, and looks better. Will pull the trigger this week through the website. 

Also on the lookout for a telly....49-55 inch, with Saorview and Satellite tuner, as just want the 'main' stations without having to get tied into overpriced subscriptions with Sky, Virgin, TV, etc. Have you any off the top of your head that you could recommend? 

Thanks again, great service!

Hi Kenny, 

Thanks for the response, and apologies for my own delay in getting back to you!

Yeah, I really am leaning towards the Sonos....it's better priced than the Dali Katch, and looks better. Will pull the trigger this week through the website. 

Also on the lookout for a telly....49-55 inch, with Saorview and Satellite tuner, as just want the 'main' stations without having to get tied into overpriced subscriptions with Sky, Virgin, TV, etc. Have you any off the top of your head that you could recommend? 

Thanks again, great service!
    No problem Chases0102.

You could look at the LG 49UJ630 priced at £399.00 - Has both Freeview and sat tuners built in. (It not Freesat approved so they might be slight issues with the Freesat EGP)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202917-400136.aspx#tabProductDetails-tab

I'll have a check and see what else there is that might also have the satellite tuner. Is there a budget you are trying to stick to for the television.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks Kenny. 

Yeah my budget for the tv would be maxed out at approximately €700. 

As I said, my main criteria would be for Saorview and Satellite Tuners, and then obviously a clear, crisp, modern picture and good sound. 

Cheers!

Thanks Kenny. 

Yeah my budget for the tv would be maxed out at approximately €700. 

As I said, my main criteria would be for Saorview and Satellite Tuners, and then obviously a clear, crisp, modern picture and good sound. 

Cheers!
    Hey Chases0102.

With a budget of 700 Euro the one to go for would be the 49MU7000 priced at 649.00. There is nothing better in this price range. They are one of the most popular television in a 49" and produce a fantastic image.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202582-ue49mu7000.aspx

The 649.00 Euro price includes delivery and also our 6 year guarantee free of charge.

• Advertisement

That looks perfect for what I am looking for. Relatively new model too. Thanks. 

Going back to original query, I see you have increased the price of SONOS Play 3 from 235 to 278. What would be the reason for this?

That looks perfect for what I am looking for. Relatively new model too. Thanks. 

Going back to original query, I see you have increased the price of SONOS Play 3 from 235 to 278. What would be the reason for this?
    Hi Chases0102.

The Sonos Play 3 has always been priced at £249 sterling, I have not seen the 235 price? Was this the Euro price? I will have to check with our IT to see when the price charge to 278 Euro as there has been no movement on the sterling price from January.

Hi Kenny, 

Sorry for the delay - you're right, it was the Euro price I saw it as 235, as recent as last week. Sorry now I didn't take a screenshot! 

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Kenny, 

Sorry for the delay - you're right, it was the Euro price I saw it as 235, as recent as last week. Sorry now I didn't take a screenshot! 

Euro price has increased this week - our pricing can fluctuate daily ( or more often!) due to local competition but the Play 3 is pretty competitive in either € or £ at the moment...

Keep us posted,

ATVB
    John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Ah thanks for that clarification John. Will keep an eye out on the Play 3 so will jump if/when it goes back to that price. 

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Chases,

just a thought - if you are looking for a high quality Bluetooth speaker with Radio - do have a look at the Ruark R1 Mk3 - it sounds pretty stunning and it also looks great - it's not a network radio but it has Bluetooth streaming and FM AND DAB radio - it also has 3.5mm Aux input and USB charging ( and it's even available with an optional battery pack so you can make it truly portable)!

Check out the review here:
    https://www.whathifi.com/ruark-audio/r1-mk3/review

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12941-soft-black.aspx

I's prefer it every day over a Sonos Play 1 or Play 3..

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

John, 

Cheers for that piece of advice. 

Actually came across that piece of kit while I was doing a bit of researching - to be fair, it does sound exactly like what I want. I would love to see and try it out in a store - that's how I fell in love with the SONOS! 

Must suss out a few reviews....

John, 

Cheers for that piece of advice. 

Actually came across that piece of kit while I was doing a bit of researching - to be fair, it does sound exactly like what I want. I would love to see and try it out in a store - that's how I fell in love with the SONOS! 

Must suss out a few reviews....
    Hey Chases0102.

No problem, let us know once you have done a bit more research.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.