Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Antepost football betting 2018/19

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 172 ✭✭devlinio

devlinio wrote: »
    I placed this at the start of the season. 11 quid on for 2500 back. At the moment everything is winning. I'm being offered 450 cash out.

Now I'm not taking that, I want to wait it out, but if I see 1K cashout, I know I'll probably take it. The only dodgy team on this I feel is Aston Villa.

The only worry now is Exeter. They are 2 points clear with 2 to go.
    Villa have the playoffs basically. They can still be caught on points, but teams can only go level. Villas superior goal difference should secure the playoffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

The only worry now is Exeter. They are 2 points clear with 2 to go.
    Villa have the playoffs basically. They can still be caught on points, but teams can only go level. Villas superior goal difference should secure the playoffs.

bayern only a point clear also, rest looked nailed on, napoli probably going
    through the motions in second though if they win later that's safe enough

your cashout must be around the four figure mark now surely?

mailburner wrote: »
    bayern only a point clear also, rest looked nailed on, napoli probably going
    through the motions in second though if they win later that's safe enough

your cashout must be around the four figure mark now surely?

It was 1K last week when Exeter were 4 clear. Being only 2 clear before the weekend it was 400.

At 1K it wasn't worth it when the payout is 2.5K.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Boro back on form... Salford winning! Back to getting a run for my money now.

And both lose yesterday :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

14/1 on Athletico Madrid to win la liga seems too big to me - they have signed well and there are plenty of reasons to doubt Barca and Real this season.

Skybet are the only company that have it priced up but Liverpool/Salah double for winner and top scorer tempted me at 25/1.

On the shorter side Huddersfield to be relegated at 6/5 seems like a solid bet to add to any accum - did amazingly well to stay up last season and really lack firepower.
    Mane, Firmino, Alli, Lacazette, Ramsey to score 8+ premier league goals 14/1 (BV)

Liverpool to finish top 2, Newcastle bottom half, Huddersfield relegated 8/1 (W Hill)

Mane to score 10+ league goals 4/5 (BV) - has done it 4 seasons in a row and could be on penalties this year too

Pretty decent outcomes overall - had biggest stakes on Mane bet which waltzed in.

The 8/1 on Liverpool, Newcastle & Huddersfield came in very comfortably too (unless something crazy happens with Newcastle and the teams above them) so well in profit.

Never got around to backing Atletico as price is came in well before season started and value had gone but they look good for 2nd so missed out on a decent E/W bet there.

In retrospect should have put a huge bet in Huddersfield going down as it was a freak they were still in the division.

On the 14/1 Ramsey only got 4 goals and looks out for season - he was always the big risk and once he joined Juve was never gonna happen. Was frustrating though as he always looked like one of Arsenal’s best players and a big goal threat but often didn't play. Lacazette, Firmino and Mane cleared 8 with no problems but Alli is still only on 5 so will keep on eye on him in last 4 games to see can he make it. Was a fun bet and will look for something similar next year.

Liverpool/Salah double at 25/1 still has a chance - would be an amazing season if that comes off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

POTY: KDB, Van Dijk, Jorginho

:pac::D:)

giphy.gif

Course now I'm thinking why didn't I put right money on him instead of four measly euro. Is the gambler ever truly content?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

I'm considering laying man city at 1\2.

I'll probably look like an absolute idiot now but to hell with it.

When was the last time Man United were 11\2 at home against anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

:pac::D:)

giphy.gif

Course now I'm thinking why didn't I put right money on him instead of four measly euro. Is the gambler ever truly content?

Gamblers are never content as we never have enough on a winning bet and always too much on a losing one...

Well have finalised my EFL season bets without the help of the Racing Post.:P

Stoke to finish in Championship top two
    Middlesbrough to be promoted
    Derby and Brentford to win playoffs
    Rotherham and Bolton relegation double
    Bamford, Clarke and Moult top scorer
    Grabban top scorer/Forest top 6 double

And for the road, Cummings top scorer in League One

Well the relegation double finally landed for me today, after weeks of sweating over Rotherham. Leaves me about €50 down on EFL outrights, with hopes still alive for Derby or Boro in the playoffs. Don't think I'll be doing much of this in future though; it's such a crapshoot. 85 quid on Stoke for the top two, and there they are sitting proudly in 16th.:rolleyes:

Salford :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Checking back in, currently getting offered 21.25x to cash out as it stands. West Ham to finish in the top half are my biggest worry at the moment, with Betfred still offering 11/10 for that to happen.
    rekluse wrote: »
    Looking good Pope, I’m getting 6/5 on derby outside the top six. I’m leaning towards a cash out though as derby are perrenial bottlers and fans don’t seem overly optimistic on their forums of a top 6 finish.

I really, really hope you're right. I can sort of cover it by betting on Boro to finish outside the top 6 @1/4 but I'd still be exposed to a Lyon bottlejob.

All hoping for a Swansea win tonight so we can pray for Boro getting Top 6 on Sat!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Good draw tonight.
    Derby at home to West Brom, a draw would be fine.
    Boro away to relegated Rotherham, have to win.
    A reasonable chance of Boro sneaking 6th

That sweat could be over come Saturday if they get 6th... then the Salford and West Ham sweats :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

That sweat could be over come Saturday if they get 6th... then the Salford and West Ham sweats :D

To get to seasons end in with a chance is value in itself. Still want a winner though!

Exeter have me ****ed I reckon. Cash out is 520. I think I should take it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Exeter have me ****ed I reckon. Cash out is 520. I think I should take it

I'd probably take it. But forest green have nothing to play for and could rest players for the playoffs?

eh i dunno wrote: »
    I'd probably take it. But forest green have nothing to play for and could rest players for the playoffs?

Newport are playing Morecambe who are 18th, safe, and can also move up or down one place. I'll probably take it, I expect Newport to beat them, so even if exeter win, it doesn't matter.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    My guesses for interest ...

West Ham top half
    Boro top 6
    Portsmouth top 6
    Juve winner
    Rangers-without Celtic
    MK Dons top 7
    Bayern winner
    Lyon top 3
    Huesca to be relegated.

At 99/1 on bet365

Added Salford to win for 400/1

Got a good run. Derby win leaves Boro 7th. West ham would have to beat watford next week probably to have decided it otherwise.

• Advertisement

At one stage I thought Derby were going to slip up when they conceded to go 1-1. Pity.

Derby and Brentford to win playoffs

On top of this I'm going big on Villa to go up, with side doubles of Leeds/Charlton and West Brom/Portsmouth. All angles covered!:D

1. Man City 2. Liverpool
    1. City. 2. Man United. 3. Liverpool

City win the title, Cardiff and Huddersfield relegated

Relegation trebles:
    Cardiff, Newcastle & Watford
    Bournemouth, Brighton & Huddersfield

Double: Southampton relegated. West Ham top half

Burnley bottom at Christmas

Vardy top scorer e/w (good start there:)

Doubles on Liverpool title, Salah and Firmino top scorer

Mane top Liverpool scorer

Top team scorer acca: Alireza Jahanbakhsh, Aleksandar Mitrovic, Cenk Tosun.
    Marko Arnautovic

POTY: KDB, Van Dijk, Jorginho
    YPOTY: Sane, Sessegnon

Garcia first manager to leave

Might leave it there:P

Pretty good prem season all in all, mostly thanks to VVD although I reckon I would have ended up a couple of hundred up even without him. Nice little last-day surprise from Mane.:cool:

West Ham Top Half
    Middlesborough Top 6
    Portsmouth Top 6
    MK Dons Top 7
    Salford Promotion
    Juve Champions
    Atletico Madrid w/o Barca/Real Madrid
    Celtic Champions
    65/1 on Bet365.... any opinions?

Safe to say me and Middlesborough are not friends.... 1 place off getting this bet up :o Sickened.

I placed this at the start of the season. 11 quid on for 2500 back. At the moment everything is winning. I'm being offered 450 cash out.

Now I'm not taking that, I want to wait it out, but if I see 1K cashout, I know I'll probably take it. The only dodgy team on this I feel is Aston Villa.

Exeter fecked it up for me on the final day last week. They finished 9th. It didn't help they lost twice against relegation fighting teams in the last few weeks.

Anyway, I cashed out the day before the last day of the season for €520. I was sweating that Exeter wouldn't win. It worked out ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

In the end up I went for Pool top 4 , derby top 6 , Barnsley top 6 , mk dons top 7 , Celtic juve Barca o/r, Dortmund top 4 , Lyon top 3 . 25£ returns 1200 ish. Didn’t get the chance to post up racing post picks apologies, very busy at work lately. As another poster mentioned lots of contradictory stuff in there, was almost more confused than before I bought it after reading it. Couple of bets I did like were pool / city dual forecast @ 2/1 and utd outside top 4 11/4. Don’t have the funds to put anything substantial on these though.
    A bad cash out on the acca and not a sheckle on the other two!

• Advertisement

On top of this I'm going big on Villa to go up, with side doubles of Leeds/Charlton and West Brom/Portsmouth. All angles covered!:D

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

A bad cash out on the acca and not a sheckle on the other two!

Great picking though in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Not sure how else to post this but got this 125/1 shot up last week

Advertisement