Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with internal line/socket

Options
  • 18-07-2018 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering how much would it cost for a new customer to get an internal phone/internet socket/line repaired. Its very old looking and for whatever reason the wires that connect the socket to the wall have been cut. I'm not sure if it will need a whole new line and socket or if there's a way to just install a new socket and connect it to the rest of the line...if that makes sense. Line and socket are very old looking if that matters, but I know there was a new socket installed in a different part of the house a couple of years ago, which worked fine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Secondary sockets are all you, hire an electrician. 

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭raveni

Nah its not essential, already have the other socket, was just wondering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

raveni wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering how much would it cost for a new customer to get an internal phone/internet socket/line repaired. Its very old looking and for whatever reason the wires that connect the socket to the wall have been cut. I'm not sure if it will need a whole new line and socket or if there's a way to just install a new socket and connect it to the rest of the line...if that makes sense. Line and socket are very old looking if that matters, but I know there was a new socket installed in a different part of the house a couple of years ago, which worked fine.
    Hi raveni ,

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Advertisement