Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CID Query

Options
  • 19-07-2018 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

This September I will be starting my second year on a fixed term full hours contract with an ETB.

I am just wondering if I will be entitled to take a career break for 2019/20 and return to my same post afterwards?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Qwerty2018 wrote: »
    This September I will be starting my second year on a fixed term full hours contract with an ETB.

I am just wondering if I will be entitled to take a career break for 2019/20 and return to my same post afterwards?

Thanks

I presume a career break would only apply if you had the CID . Yould still have to apply for the job at the end of the 2019 term... and then get it, and then apply for career break at the same time.
    Actually, does anyone know if it's before the end of the 2019 term that the OP would have to apply for career break?
    It sounds a bit unusual applying for a career break for a job you don't have. (If I'm reading this correctly)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I think you have to teach for a year after you get your CID before you can take career break

Advertisement