Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for concrete blocks to build a shed?

Options
  • 19-07-2018 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Best place for concrete blocks to build a shed?

Hello there... I am(with no experience at all), going to attempt to build a shed in our garden. Im looking at a 16ft x 8ft concrete construction, with a steel roof, a double door on the gable end and 1 or 2 windows. Now obviously id love to pay someone to do it, but im on a tight budget etc so im going to give it a go myself.

Would anyone know my best place to start pricing materials please? Its just me and YouTube on this project so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Im living in the Wicklow countryside with no neighbours to my right and 1 to my left. My shed with be approx 16ft within my boundary so I think im ok for planning...or am I(really I have zero experience)?

Thanks so much in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

When I was doing my house, I rang all the suppliers on the day I needed to order. Sometimes roadstone were the cheapest and sometimes my local provider was better. Just work out what you need then call around and see who has the best deal on that day.

At one stage I was getting sold blocks for 88c delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Strikor

Cheers for that. Ill need to work out everything so!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭pauldavis123

B&Q are actually great value for blocks!

Really? I go there a bit, great ill check them out. Thanks mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,748 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Take into account the price for delivery.

Maybe try some salvage yards, there is one in island bridge dublin 8.

• Advertisement

Thanks mate

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭corco2000

Cheapest isn't always best. I've bought blocks from everywhere at this stage and find roadstone best. Some block crumbed easy inconsistent etc...depends on batch. Inspect on delivery.

Brilliant, cheers mate

Advertisement