Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of a surveyor report

Options
  • 19-07-2018 5:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

Hi all

We wonder how much it costs for a surveyor report? And how detailed it will be?

We were given a quote of 500 for a report. North Cork rural area. We are a cash buyer, first time to buy. Bank would not be involved that means we don’t even know whether the report is to a good standard with details we need. The surveyor is recommended by the solicitor.

We will call another surveyor for a quote but find I hard to get a surveyor. Called a few in the town but no one answer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭d.pop

Have had 3 done in last 12 months in cork, prices were around €400-450 + vat.
    Surveyor spent about 4-5 hours in property and then complied a report - room by room of approx 30 pages overall with photos and recommendations.
    Money well spent, first two reports showed up serious structural defects that's would have cost us €100k to repair and voided our house insurance forever after..pulled out of sale on basis of reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭booksale

We found one that’s below 500 including VAT. And he’s the one who did the BER report of the house as well. The other surveyor said he’s good and happy for us to get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

booksale wrote: »
    The surveyor is recommended by the solicitor.
    If you trust your solicitor, I'd go with the one they recommended.
    If you don't trust your solicitor, I'd get a new solicitor that you do trust.

Saving a bit here may cost you in the long run, as not all surveyors are equal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

We paid 415eur incl vat in Dublin a few months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭booksale

We do trust our solicitor. But we want to do our work and get the best deal as we can.

We are happy to get the surveyor who did the BER report for the property. It’s a small town, everyone knows everyone so I can tell he’s good.

the_syco wrote: »
    If you trust your solicitor, I'd go with the one they recommended.
    If you don't trust your solicitor, I'd get a new solicitor that you do trust.

Saving a bit here may cost you in the long run, as not all surveyors are equal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Andycap8

Paid 750 for a structural survey in Dublin within the last year. This included the 150 valuation report that the Bank wanted for the mortgage.

I found the report very good.

Advertisement