Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Older person moving to Trim

Options
  • 19-07-2018 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

I need to move for financial reasons as have recently become a widow. I can afford a house in trim. Would it be a good place to settle and build a life, I am nearly 60. I would like/need to make friends and get a part time job and don't drive. Appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

I've lived in Trim my whole life and while I'm obviously biased, I've always reckoned it's just a nice spot and somewhere I'd be proud to show as my home town to a stranger. It's big enough to have everything you'd expect in a medium town, but small enough to not feel impersonal. Similarly it's close to Dublin, but far away enough not to be swallowed by Dublin's sphere of influence.

As for building a life and making friends I can't comment too much as there's so many variables and personal circumstances, but there's many groups and societies around the town that cater for various interests, which would be a good start to meet people.

Working again depends on your personal circumstances and needs so I can't say much. Without a car there could be some long walks needed, e.g. if you lived out the Dublin road and got a job out the Athboy road. There's regular buses to Dublin, Navan and Dunshaughlin so that can widen your net.

Advertisement