Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Le Tour '18 stage 12: Bourg-Saint-Maurice > Alpe d'Huez 175k

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Doc07 wrote: »
    Dan lost 1’45. Could have been a lot worse as he lost wheel around 6km to go. Actually it’s impressive

The way things are looking Dan could be winning a sprint on the champs elysse

Matt Rendell pull your tongue out of Geraints bum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

neris wrote: »
    Time for movistar to give up this 3 leader crap and back Landa. Quintanas a busted flush and has been for a long time

I have no idea what has happened Quintana tbh. Landa looked stale today but recovered well. Marc Soler needs to be given more credit as well, he should be number 3 in the leaders ranking and let Valverde donkey it out and maybe grab a stage in time to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

dahat wrote: »
    Nibali collided with a Moto according to the World of Twitter.

He should get that time back.
    If Froome isn't in the race, their is not so much hysteria from the crowd.

Didn't Froome get the same time on vonteux a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

check_six wrote: »
    His Achilles Heel perhaps?

Sky are running tests on this. Its known that he has suffered from achilles heel since he was much younger. The tue is on its way, sure it's only a marginal gain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    So thomas did the alpe dhuez a few seconds quicker then Lance.

Dan was also quicker than him the other day too up the Colombiere. He must have been in the midst of a dodgy batch of EPO back them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Doc07

Hurrache wrote: »
    Dan was also quicker than him the other day too up the Colombiere. He must have been in the midst of a dodgy batch of EPO back them.

Thomas time might not even be in the top 100 of all time. Atleast 4 mins slower than Pantani.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

De Bhál wrote: »
    They did say there was a tailwind

How does a tailwind help on a climb with so many switchbacks and direction changes?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Sky are running tests on this. Its known that he has suffered from achilles heel since he was much younger. The tue is on its way, sure it's only a marginal gain.

I'd imagine Salbutomol would sort the heel out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'd imagine Salbutomol would sort the heel out.

He has lovely heels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    How does a tailwind help on a climb with so many switchbacks and direction changes?

I did wonder that too and just reckoned there must be a wind direction that's advantageous. But yeah I don't understand how really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Nibali taken to hospital with a suspected Fractured vertebrae. If so he's out. Some performance to finish today under those circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

Weepsie wrote: »
    Nobody wonders this about Dumoulin though? Strange that.

They do; but when you've a velociraptor in the room, the tiger suddenly doesn't seem so significant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

https://www.strava.com/activities/1713450044

Kruijswijks strava from today. He went up alpe d'huez in 46:27, and had just over 4mins lead. Thomas ended up finishing 53 secs ahead, so he went up 5mims quicker, or around 41:30.

From stickybottle today, the 35 fastest times - http://www.stickybottle.com/blogs/cycling-fastest-times-alpe-dhuez/
    Puts thomas around 25th, in 'illustrious' company, but not crazy times

Nibali taken to hospital with a suspected Fractured vertebrae. If so he's out. Some performance to finish today under those circumstances.

Meh. Since Dan did it last year it must be normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Fed up hearing itv & eurosport giving out about the booing of sky & froome. They've ruined the race and brought cycling into disrepute

Woah... I hate Sky as much as the next guy, but I don't think they were the people to bring the sport into disrepute

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

retalivity wrote: »

Kruijswijks strava from today. He went up alpe d'huez in 46:27, and had just over 4mins lead. Thomas ended up finishing 53 secs ahead, so he went up 5mims quicker, or around 41:30.

From stickybottle today, the 35 fastest times - http://www.stickybottle.com/blogs/cycling-fastest-times-alpe-dhuez/

How much faster would it have been if the main players hadn't farted about freewheeling until Bardet attacked ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Fed up hearing itv & eurosport giving out about the booing of sky & froome. They've ruined the race and brought cycling into disrepute

Sky has brought cycling into disrepute?

Team Sky was formed in 2009.
    Are you saying cycling was reputable before that?
    Festina?
    Armstrong?
    Pantani?
    E.P.O.?
    Blood doping?
    etc.

Sure didn't that Canadian fella do it in about a half hour on his rollers on Zwift?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I missed the last 8km or so due to some busybody talking to me at work, so just watching it back now. I didn't realise froome attacked when nibali crashed - what an absolute sh1thouse

Nibali is out.
    Fractured T10 vertebra.

I missed the last 8km or so due to some busybody talking to me at work, so just watching it back now. I didn't realise froome attacked when nibali crashed - what an absolute sh1thouse

I thought it was Bardet, who went first and Froome followed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭py

What sort of gap would Thomas need over Froome/Domoulin going in to the TT to take yellow?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Zoncolon

scott1974 wrote: »
    That's true but Tom didn't do a "Landis"...

I do, but who the f**k am I

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Zoncolon

mloc123 wrote: »
    Woah... I hate Sky as much as the next guy, but I don't think they were the people to bring the sport into disrepute

agreed but we have to deal with the here and now. TBH Sky is the scab underneath you have a septic wound of the UCI + WADA

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 Kerry Cowboys Ted

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Meh. Since Dan did it last year it must be normal.

Cant watch tonight. Where is Dan overall today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Cant watch tonight. Where is Dan overall today?

He lost a good few minutes :(
    10th 5' 11'' down

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Thomas is a good time trialist so he will only need a minute lead on Froome and Dumoulin who are excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

How are Sky so consistently out-budgeting everybody? Dan's Arab patrons can't be short of cash to buy a fleet of botox-foreheaded super domestiques surely?

Advertisement