Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Location For a Meetup Group

Options
  • 19-07-2018 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi, I'm trying to organise a tech meetup in Dublin and I am looking for suggestions for a venue. I've tried Dogpatch but it wasn't available. I'd Ideally somewhere cheap or free. Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

FaberX wrote: »
    Hi, I'm trying to organise a tech meetup in Dublin and I am looking for suggestions for a venue. I've tried Dogpatch but it wasn't available. I'd Ideally somewhere cheap or free. Thanks in advance.

You could try meetup.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Peter File wrote: »

You could try meetup.com

That's not really what it's for

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

What will you be doing? Do you need AV equipment, screens etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 FaberX

Lux23 wrote: »
    What will you be doing? Do you need AV equipment, screens etc.?

We are running a Tech Meetup. We can supply out own av equipment but it would be handy if the venue already has some. Will be approx 50 people attending.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

In that case, you won't find anywhere cheap.

I was at an event in Drury Buildings that was quite professional but wouldn't be sure of the price.

http://drurybuildings.com/event-space/

I used to book Charter House on Pearse Street as well but I think the prices have gone up a good bit.

https://www.charteredaccountants.ie/chartered-accountants-house/Organising-an-Event

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

If it's a tech meetup, could one of the relevant tech companies supply a venue? Google do this a lot.

I'd canvas the members of the meetup, one of their employers might be interested in hosting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Another option is to look at professional organisations the organisers are members of.

They will often have rooms in their offices available for things like this, Engineers Ireland certainly used to though I haven't checked lately. If someone works for a university theu mau have access to options too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Have you tried the Bank of Ireland workbench in Grand Canal Square? They should be able to give you something.

You could also try Huckletree on Pearse St.

If you need any further help pm me as I am a tech journalist.

Advertisement