Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Tamper Problem

Options
  • 19-07-2018 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have recently bought a 1070 hybrid panel to replace a faulty Quantum 70 panel, which is proving to be problematic when setting up. I keep getting open tamper errors when arming the system despite everything seeming to be ok when setting up. All of the devices are rf and I have replaced the batteries for all of them. The panel came with a bunch of resistors which I have tried putting one across the tamper loop with no effect. I have a 1070 panel with wired keypad, an rf keypad, 3 pir's, 1 door contact, 1 echo, 1 sabb and a keyfob. They all successfully have assigned id's and zones, but the door contact, the echo and 1 of the pir's has open tamper warnings. I have tried defaulting and reassigning with no luck.
    any help appreciated.
    also is there a way of flashing firmware onto a quantum panel as i am convinced my old panel can be repaired by reflashing it. I read that there was a piece of software that can be used via the usb port for firmware flashing
    again any help much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Do you have any wired devices on your system?

What zone numbers did you allocate your wireless devices too?

What zone numbers are giving tamper indications?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 commonside

The only wired device is the keypad which has its own connection. I assigned 2-5 for the pirs, then the echo, sabb and keypad to their own designated assignments. The tampers are showing for all the allocated zones and funnily enough a couple which have not been assigned to a device, this leads me to believe that it may be something that I have omitted in the panel, like a resistor or something

• Registered Users Posts: 3 commonside

I managed to sort it, put links across all the wired zones in the box and assigned rf devices to the next zone onwards, worked a treat but still need to repair the quantum panel if it needs repairing that is.

Advertisement