Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

teaching abroad in Thailand

Options
  • 19-07-2018 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

So I am going to be leaving for Thailand in September to teach english for a year- I was born and raised in Ireland and spent the past 5 years working In Toronto Canada-I just received my police clearance from the Gardai

I will be back in Ireland 3 and a half months before leaving for Thailand- All the websites I have visited in regard to teaching in Thailand state I must have a police clearance from my home country- Which to me is Ireland as I no longer live or work in Canada- Do you think I need a police clearance from Canada? I have an Irish passport of course - Should I not mention Canada in my work experience? Getting a police clearance from Canada will require a lot of steps as they require finger prints to be done if outside of the country.

Thanks in advance-

Advertisement