Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Extreme Installation problem

Options
  • 19-07-2018 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I ordered Eir Fibre Extreme a while back and had an engineer from KN Group call to do the installation. He informed me that he was putting in a copper line; I told him that I had ordered Fibre and he suggested cancelling the order and reordering. He cancelled the installation when i was on the phone to Eir and a new date given.

On the second attempt at installation the same thing happened! I spoke to Eir again, informed them that I did not want a copper connection nor FTTC, I wanted FTTH which the sales team said that I could get. There are a couple of Eir websites, 1 was sating coming to your area and the other said it was here.

I was transferred to Tech who said the best thing to do was to put my order on hold and keep an eye on the website; when it was updated then to reorder. I asked if my contract would stay the same and have the same terms and was told yes.

Fast forward a few weeks, Eir reps in the area selling the FTTH; spoke to a neighbour who had a visit from them who confirmed this. Saw an Eir technician down the road from me yesterday and asked him if it was definitely FTTH that I could get (and not FTTC) and he confirmed it was.

Attempted to reschedule my installation last night and could not get into my account. Contacted the online team to be told that my account had been closed (not by me I must say) and to go onto sales and reorder. I was advised that I would now have to pay a €100 for connection!! I informed the rep that I was assured that my term and contract would stay the same; he then said to contact Eir by phone but I did not get any help with this there.

I would like to go with Eir Fibre but I am not willing to pay €100 as I was assured that I would have the same terms when I reordered (no connection fee at the time), 2 days taken off work with failed connection attempts and many lost hours contacting Eir.

If no one can help me here, I’ll just go with another provider.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

failte29 wrote: »
    Hi, I ordered Eir Fibre Extreme a while back and had an engineer from KN Group call to do the installation. He informed me that he was putting in a copper line; I told him that I had ordered Fibre and he suggested cancelling the order and reordering. He cancelled the installation when i was on the phone to Eir and a new date given.

On the second attempt at installation the same thing happened! I spoke to Eir again, informed them that I did not want a copper connection nor FTTC, I wanted FTTH which the sales team said that I could get. There are a couple of Eir websites, 1 was sating coming to your area and the other said it was here.

I was transferred to Tech who said the best thing to do was to put my order on hold and keep an eye on the website; when it was updated then to reorder. I asked if my contract would stay the same and have the same terms and was told yes.

Fast forward a few weeks, Eir reps in the area selling the FTTH; spoke to a neighbour who had a visit from them who confirmed this. Saw an Eir technician down the road from me yesterday and asked him if it was definitely FTTH that I could get (and not FTTC) and he confirmed it was.

Attempted to reschedule my installation last night and could not get into my account. Contacted the online team to be told that my account had been closed (not by me I must say) and to go onto sales and reorder. I was advised that I would now have to pay a €100 for connection!! I informed the rep that I was assured that my term and contract would stay the same; he then said to contact Eir by phone but I did not get any help with this there.

I would like to go with Eir Fibre but I am not willing to pay €100 as I was assured that I would have the same terms when I reordered (no connection fee at the time), 2 days taken off work with failed connection attempts and many lost hours contacting Eir.

If no one can help me here, I’ll just go with another provider.
    Hi failte29 ,

Thank you for contacting us here.

There is nothing we can do through this channel, I would reccomend contacting our sales team on 1800 503 303.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement