Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Same day Ireland courier

Options
  • 19-07-2018 11:45am

Looking for the most cost effective delivery service around Ireland, that do pick up of small packages and delivery same day nationwide.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

have you much volume to send each day ? does it have to be exactly each day, as you look at either high pricing and even with same day deliveries its tricky courier would have to drop it off to someone heading that way so change of hands and not always guaranteed depending on cut off times etc, id look into DPD most Irish sellers use it great service, but not sure if they would guarantee same day.

Doesn't have to be guaranteed same day, and its going to be random deliveries here and there around the country, nothing consistent. I'll check out DPD thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

..... I'll check out DPD thanks

Earlier this month I ordered (marineparts.ie) online on Saturday, had an email confirmation from supplier Monday morning, then at midday one saying product was with courier DPD who would contact me about delivery. Following morning I had a text saying driver (named) would be with me between 12.29 and 13.29. He delivered at 13.35. Dublin – Kerry. I’ve no idea of the DPD cost as my purchase amount had ‘free’ shipping. Very impressive service / interface with both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

I've looked into DPD previously, not too bad if I bring deliveries into their depot. But more expensive than An Post and might as well use the post office as DPD if I have to bring stuff into them. Sure, they'll do pickup but it's pricier. I guess it depends on volume of deliveries, value of goods you are despatching and value of your time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Same day delivery will be very expensive as it would require dedicated handling.

Next day delivery can be very cheap as it is where the volume is and the package can be routed through automatic systems and travel with thousands of other parcels at the same time.

An post, dpd, Nightline, tnt, Fastway all offer next day guaranteed service.

An post use text and email as do dpd.

If you are doing volume (2000+ items a year) you'll get great rates (under €5 and under €4 for serious volume) and collection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Next day delivery is definitely the way to go as mentioned same day delivery will cost you.
    For smaller items I always use on post and it does the job. Larger items it’s dpd which I would drop into the Depot. On post have always delivered before lunch following day and dpd before 3pm

Advertisement