Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement Visa Debit Card Timeframe Issues

Options
  • 19-07-2018 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

I need to cancel my existing visa debit card and get a new one because I believe it has been compromised. 

However, I will be spending some time abroad on and off over the next few weeks. I can't be abroad without my card. Is it possible to request the replacement card but not cancel my existing one until I have the new one?

If not, it is possible to guarantee that I can have the replacement card by a certain date? For example, I'll be abroad from tomorrow until 30/07. I'll then be aboard from 07/08. If I cancel my card on 30/07, can I be guaranteed to have it by at the latest the 06/08?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi SimonTemplar,

Thanks for your post.

If you believe your card has been compromised we strongly recommend that you call our 24 hour helpline as soon as possible to cancel the card. Any delay in doing this could lead to losses on your account. You can find our emergency contact numbers here. When a replacement card is issued it will take 5-7 days to be received but as the card is in the post, we can't give a guarantee on when you'll receive it.

If you hold cards on any other accounts, or a credit card, you could make a transfer on 365 Online if your card doesn't reach you in time for your trip. If you need any help with how to make a transfer, please let us know.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement