Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

word attachment security

Options
  • 19-07-2018 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

I once read of a girl who wrote an email with word attachment to someone and then deleted part of the attachment. But the recipient was able to retrieve it. I have to work with word 16 for the next couple months. How do i avoid this, should i edit in notepad and only transfer to word when finished?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

It's possible: by default, Word keeps a history of all the changes made to the file, and the recipient could browse this history, if it was sent.

You have two options: either delete the history before saving the final draft of your document, or copy/paste the final draft into a brand new document. Either way, your final file will only contain the last edit and no history.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Print to PDF file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

Print to PDF file.

can't - have to deliver in a word doc
    either delete the history before saving the final draft of your document,
    how to delete history - new to word

EDIT Is it review /track changes /reject.? Can i turn off the tracking of changes altogether?

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Before sending it out inspect document, go:

File>>Check for Issues>>Inspect Document(select/deselect appropriate criteria)>>Inspect

After inspection completed, "remove all" unwanted info from document(read what will be removed) or edit document settings(tracking, etc) one by one. Reinspect.

But first of all, think what you write as in some instances(solicitors, accountants, etc) some features can be enabled/disabled by admin and cannot be undone/changed by user.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

Thank you smuggler

Advertisement