Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir mobile handset issue

Options
  • 19-07-2018 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Just wondering if anyone can advise...
    Eir mobile and broadband bundle customer for over 3 years. My mobile stopped working so went to the Eir retail shop. Was convinced to sign up to a new 18 month contract and received a new phone. Few days later phone stopped working (freezing). Following weekend I was told it would have to go for a repair.
    This repair took almost two months and it was impossible to call the shop. Phone not answered, went to a mailbox that was full. Eir online said I had to deal with the shop. I'm a good drive away from the shop.
    Got my phone Sunday before last. This week started acting up and freezing again. I rang this morning and spoke to someone who said manager would call me back. No phone call. Actually got through this evening to be told that the phone would go for another repair. I said I was not happy with this, loyal customer, I have already given the phone up for a ridiculously long repair. I have had use of this phone for not even two weeks! The sales assistant said that as I didn't return the phone within the first 28 days it cannot be replaced (my phone was on it magical repair journey during this time). Again Manager was to call me back, and no phone call.
    So here I am paying for a mobile contract when I have had no mobile to use. I have had to date no issues with Eir (was actually considering signing up for TV before this happened!) - the broadband is excellent. But this is wrecking my head. I am prepared to cancel my contract but has anyone any advice on how I could proceed?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

talk to them on here - I've found their Boards Agents to be good

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MitheringMandy

Will do - thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MitheringMandy

Eir mobile and broadband bundle customer for over 3 years and was out of contract. My mobile phone stopped working so went to the Eir retail shop. Was convinced to sign up to a new 18 month contract on May 7th and received a new phone, a Sony. Few days later phone stopped working (freezing). Following weekend at the shop I was told it would have to go for a repair.

This repair took over six weeks (it was ready for collection on June 29th when I was on holidays) and it was impossible to call or contact the shop during this time. Phone not answered, went to a mailbox that was full. Eir online said I had to deal with the shop.

Mid July phone started acting up and freezing again, going dead, unable to charge or turn on. I rang the Eir shop last Thursday morning and spoke to someone who said manager would call me back. No phone call. Friday rang to be told that the manager was not available but the phone would go for another repair. I said I was not happy with this: I have already given the phone up for a ridiculously long repair period and I want a replacement. I haven't even used this phone for two weeks! The sales assistant said that as I didn't return the phone within the first 28 days it cannot be replaced (my phone was on it magical repair journey during this time, so it was physically impossible for me to "return" the phone). Again Manager was to call me back, and no phone call. Yet again. Same thing Saturday.

Got through on tuesday to the manager, after almost a week of calling. He seemed to have different dates to me (think eir are trying to worm out of the 28 days?) and claimed to be out of the office which is why he didn't call me back. Told him how unhappy I was with the whole situation but would accept a different make replacement phone under my contract. He agreed to this and even read out a list of phones I could choose from. Said he would call me back. He didn't.
    Rang the shop AGAIN today to speak to a different staff member who told me that the manager had asked him to call me today to tell me that its not that easy to get a replacement, area manager, Sony agreement, I don't know what other rubbish.
    Rang eir 1901 to cancel my mobile contract as they're not honouring the contract or the resolution as agreed with shop manager. Told eir expect me to pay 900e cancellation penalty and they'll get third party advice. Can't intervene as its up to the shop.
    So here I am paying for a mobile contract when I have had no mobile to use. I signed for a contract in order to obtain a phone. The phone is not fit for purpose. It has been repaired once and still faulty. The shop will not deal with me- its impossible to get through to them, manager never there and when he was there and I spoke to him and agreed a way forward, the staff member i spoke to today is now going back on this. I was supposed to call in tomorrow to order a new phone, as agreed with that manager. As per my phone call today, that's off.
    I have complained to eir via their system, no response.
    The eir rep on boards said they couldn't help (but told me that the manager would be in contact!!!!! Sure).
    Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

New thread merged into previous thread

dudara

Advertisement