Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile handset problem

Options
  • 19-07-2018 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Eir mobile and broadband bundle customer for over 3 years and was out of contract.  My mobile phone stopped working so went to the Eir retail shop. Was convinced to sign up to a new 18 month contract and received a new phone. Few days later phone stopped working (freezing). Following weekend at the shop I was told it would have to go for a repair.

This repair took almost two months and it was impossible to call or contact the shop during this time. Phone not answered, went to a mailbox that was full. Eir online said I had to deal with the shop. 
    Got my phone Sunday before last. This week started acting up and freezing again, going dead, unable to charge or turn on. I rang the Eir shop this morning and spoke to someone who said manager would call me back. No phone call. Actually got through this evening to be told that the manager was not available but the phone would go for another repair. I said I was not happy with this:  I have already given the phone up for a ridiculously long repair period and I want a replacement.  I haven't even used this phone for two weeks! The sales assistant said that as I didn't return the phone within the first 28 days it cannot be replaced (my phone was on it magical repair journey during this time, so it was physically impossible for me to "return" the phone). Again Manager was to call me back, and no phone call. Yet again.

So here I am paying for a mobile contract when I have had no mobile to use. I signed for a contract in order to obtain a phone. The phone is not fit for purpose. It has been repaired once and still faulty. The shop will not deal with me.  At this point, I no longer want a replacement;  Eir has broken their contract. I want to cease the new contract (which eir is not honoring) and will go to another provider. Please advise how I proceed in this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MitheringMandy

No phone call back from Eir shop and tried calling again, no answer. Really poor service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi MitheringMandy,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies that you've had this experience. Unfortunately we do not deal with cancellations here therefore you would need to contact our customer care team on 1901 in relation to this. I will be more than happy however to assist you in liaising with the store in order to shed some light onthis. Can you advise how long you had the phone before it became faulty? Can you also advise the exact branch that you're currently dealing with.

Thanks,

Sarah

Dear Sarah,

Great to get some kind of a response from Eir - seeing as how the shop have not responded to me, I have had to make all calls.
    I had the new phone two days when it started giving trouble. As I work full time and live some distance from the nearest Eir shop, it was the following weekend I visited Eir and was advised it would go for a repair. So it was returned to the Eir shop in 6 days. 
    Eir shop sent the phone for a repair. I received a text message to tell me the phone was ready on June 29th. Nearly two months later.
    I collected my repaired phone on July 8th, as I was on annual leave.
    July 17th it started giving trouble again, went completely dead on July 18th. Rang shop on July 19th. Keep being told someone will call me back; they don't. 

It is the Eir Athlone Golden island.

I have been a good customer for years. This is a ridiculous way to be treated. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

I completely understand your frustration and I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience.

Can you advise the make and model of the handset? Apologies for all the questions I just want ensure I have the full details before querying this with the store in question.

Sarah

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    I completely understand your frustration and I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience.

Can you advise the make and model of the handset? Apologies for all the questions I just want ensure I have the full details before querying this with the store in question.

Sarah
    Sony Xperia XA2

• Advertisement

STILL no update from eir. Been told three times now someone will call me back. Of course no one has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

STILL no update from eir. Been told three times now someone will call me back. Of course no one has.
    Hi MitheringMandy,

Can you confirm if you have been contacted regarding this yet?

Thanks

Thomas

Hi MitheringMandy,

Thanks

Thomas[/quote

I rang the shop several times on Saturday and eventually spoke to a sales assistant who I had to tell the whole story to again. He said he would speak to his manager to ask him to call me.
    The same sales assistant rang me at approx 4 to inform me that he had spoken to his manager who would call me before the day was out.
    They didn't. Still no response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi MitheringMandy,

Thanks

Thomas[/quote

I rang the shop several times on Saturday and eventually spoke to a sales assistant who I had to tell the whole story to again. He said he would speak to his manager to ask him to call me.
    The same sales assistant rang me at approx 4 to inform me that he had spoken to his manager who would call me before the day was out.
    They didn't. Still no response.
    I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Unfortunately, there is not much we can do through this channel. If the agent advised their manager would contact you, I can assure you they will.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Phone should've been replaced AND NOT SENT FOR REPAIR as it was under 28 days old and the assumption is the fault was there at time of purchase.

Repair was tried (all repairs have to be permanent) so its either a refund or replacement now.

OP ask the mods to move your post to Consumer issues now. The regular posters there will advise you on getting your replacement or refund

• Advertisement

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Unfortunately, there is not much we can do through this channel. If the agent advised their manager would contact you, I can assure you they will.

Thanks

Thomas

Thomas
    I have been told since last Thursday the manager will contact me. Still waiting.
    Thursday, no manager contact.
    Friday, no manager contact.
    Saturday, no manager contact.
    Monday, no manager contact.

When I ring the shop, the manager is just popped out, off, at lunch, break etc.
    Do you see a pattern here?

Phone should've been replaced AND NOT SENT FOR REPAIR as it was under 28 days old and the assumption is the fault was there at time of purchase.

Repair was tried (all repairs have to be permanent) so its either a refund or replacement now.

OP ask the mods to move your post to Consumer issues now. The regular posters there will advise you on getting your replacement or refund

Thanks. How do I do this? New to boards.
    Joined for this forum as have complained to eir by email and they're not responding either. Hard to believe I know!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Thanks. How do I do this? New to boards.
    Joined for this forum as have complained to eir by email and they're not responding either. Hard to believe I know!!!!

https://touch.boards.ie/forum/580

^ here's the consumer issues forum. When making a new thread there you can request that this one be closed.

To be fair to eir a lot of their stores are managed by a company called Synchro (or something similar) so they have little to no input in this area. It's up to the individual store what happens regarding repairs/returns.

Best of luck.

Have opened a new thread in consumer issues so ask that this thread be closed.

Advertisement