Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is best pizza in Cork

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,144 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

La Tana is the worst pizza I've had in my life. I've attached a pic of what they gave me.

Great pizzas in Cork are Novecento, Franciscan Well, Toons Bridge (bit far out) and perhaps PizzAmore.

Awful. No meat at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Another vote for the Fran Well. Love the thin crust and how generous they are with their toppings. Also as it's wood fired it never takes too long to arrive at the table. Great excuse to have a beer with lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

La Tana is the worst pizza I've had in my life. I've attached a pic of what they gave me.

Jaysus! Looks like they cooked the dough and then put RAW ingredients on top!
    Haven't been to La Tana in ages but always remember enjoying what I got. Certainly never looked as bad as that :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gil89

It’s hard to beat the Fran Well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

kingtut wrote: »
    Jaysus! Looks like they cooked the dough and then put RAW ingredients on top!
    Haven't been to La Tana in ages but always remember enjoying what I got. Certainly never looked as bad as that :eek:

Veggies were totally raw, pizza was just thrown together and base was thick and in a weird octagon shape.

Worst thing is on the box they claim to be the "only authentic Italian Pizza". Reading such a shameless and blatant lie while that mess was falling out of the box made my experience ten times worse!

However it was a year ago though... but I'm just afraid to try them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Not what the OP wants, but I tend to prefer the deeper base style pizza. I find Donatello's the best for my artery clogging needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,949 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Not what the OP wants, but I tend to prefer the deeper base style pizza. I find Donatello's the best for my artery clogging needs.

That's exactly what the OP wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MagicShadow

That's exactly what the OP wants.

It's doesn't need to be deeper base style pizza. Just fresh made base not from freezer and more richer on stuffs that goes on pizza. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Palmento's in Douglas is fantastic, lovely pizza.

Got Palmentos this evening and it was terrible.got it for takeaway and collected it.stone cold,barely any toppings and very expensive.the fries were soggy and cold.to top it all off there was a mixup of the order and tried telling me i hadn't paid for two cans.will never order there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

TheChizler wrote: »
    La Tana on Barrack St. is excellent. Palmento in Douglas too. Don't know anywhere that does them more deep-dish like in your pictures though.

I love La Tana and Palmento (they're brothers), Luigi Malones and Gallo & Galetti in Wilton for thin crust.

For thick base, Donatellos are surprisingly very tasty (although they do have too many mushroom options) and Luciano's pizza in Glanmire Village. I first went to Lucianos 30 years ago when it was in MacCurtain Street, and I love the Montaga pizza which is chicken and ham with extra cheese.....mmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

+1 for donatellos

tasty stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭.red.

Mumha wrote: »
    Luciano's pizza in Glanmire Village. I first went to Lucianos 30 years ago when it was in MacCurtain Street, and I love the Montaga pizza which is chicken and ham with extra cheese.....mmmm

I forgot about Luciano's, one of the few places in Cork that always tasted as good when sober as it did after a lash of pints.
    Heaven in a box!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭blindsider

La Tana are consistently good - never had a problem!

Pizzamore are a little behind... but not much. Will try Novocento during the week - just for research purposes...:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MixedMessages

Shenshen wrote: »
    I've moved this to the regional forum - you're more likely to get good advise here.

In my opinion, Novecento in McCurtain St and Douglas St make a decent pizza. Approved by friends from Sicily, too.
    Would agree on Novacento’s pizzas being the best that I have had

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

See this place is opening in city over next couple of weeks -https://www.oakfirepizza.ie ; already based in Clon and Bandon … any reports ?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MagicShadow

whatever76 wrote: »
    See this place is opening in city over next couple of weeks -https://www.oakfirepizza.ie ; already based in Clon and Bandon … any reports ?

It looks nice from video and pictures, hope the taste would be good too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Had Oak Fire in Clon and it was very good. Nice pizza and a casual friendly setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Producer Ben

Mardyke wrote: »
    Had Oak Fire in Clon and it was very good. Nice pizza and a casual friendly setting.

Beautiful stuff. They're in Bandon and opening on Princes St soon too

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

I like Milano.

Advertisement