Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got turned away from the test centre

Options
  • 20-07-2018 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Howra lads. Quick FYI as from my previous searching people got away with doing the test on a bike where the Kw Power Outage wasn't stated in the Logbook but was in the RSA database: http://www.rsa.ie/en/RSA/Learner-Drivers/Motorcyclists/Driving-Test-Vehicles---Motorcycles/

Arrived to my test with my '02 Fazer (FZS600). The log book doesn't state the Kw output as it's older but thought it would be grand since the bike is listed on the RSA website with the same model number in the logbook. This wasn't okay for the tester and quoted the rule that I need a certificate with the power output from the main dealers. (Showing that it's >50KW)

Thought I give people a heads up to save themselves 85 quid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Howra lads. Quick FYI as from my previous searching people got away with doing the test on a bike where the Kw Power Outage wasn't stated in the Logbook but was in the RSA database: http://www.rsa.ie/en/RSA/Learner-Drivers/Motorcyclists/Driving-Test-Vehicles---Motorcycles/

Arrived to my test with my '02 Fazer (FZS600). The log book doesn't state the Kw output as it's older but thought it would be grand since the bike is listed on the RSA website with the same model number in the logbook. This wasn't okay for the tester and quoted the rule that I need a certificate with the power output from the main dealers. (Showing that it's >50KW)

Thought I give people a heads up to save themselves 85 quid.

That sucks, when I did my test he just asked what I was riding and said that's fine. But there's always the possibility it's restricted so maybe they've started clamping down on it. F it, it's raining anyway, I'm sure karma will give a dry day when you resit it.

Advertisement