Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supermarket Chain Discount Rip Off

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

fitzgers wrote: »
    Correct. So who / what made the descision to reshelf this and quantify it at 9 euros? To price something you just look at a box, resealed by the (unnamed) company and price it 9 euro? come on you guys are killing me nobody agrees this is not right.

A college student earning min wage took back the empty resealed box from a chancer of a customer, because they've been told to take back items offering refunds and give good customer service, then threw it into returns box with all the other returns,

Another staff member scanned it with a gun which 'decided' product is now 9euros, spit out a label, stuck the label on the box, and threw it up on reduced shelf.

That's the who and the what of it

You are taking this way too personally, and I feel for the manager dealing with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Well spotted OP, it sounds like you almost got screwed

If I were you I wouldn't take it lying down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

Can't wait until this comes out as a 6 episode docu-drama on Netflix.

Seriously OP … stop acting like a demented jack Russell with a hidden rabbit.

Someone made a mistake .. it has been resolved .. beyond that you have no business to be delving any further. Maybe it's your personality that just wants to keep dragging it out .. but in reality it's nothing to do with you.

You seem to think by the original post that this was some great conspiracy by a multinational to rip people off and that as it was contraceptives no one would complain.

You might be some sort of process wizard or an ISO auditor who loves digging at this sort of stuff .. but the vast majority of the rest of us just see the anal following of processes to the latter as being counter productive in the real world

So don't be insulted if the next interaction with the retailer might one where you are politely asked to leave the premises as you are wasting their time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

It's ok Op I found the culprit, it's the Church trying new tactics to remove those pesky contraceptives off the shelf, they hope you'd be mid action before you noticed the box was empty

S02E11-KBS6iYfm-subtitled.jpg

Gets coat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭clint_silver

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

This thread holds a level of amusement which I think (hope) was the op's intention.

I do see a flaw in accepting return of condoms under any circumstances. There are plenty of bored people who would take a needle to a box and return them for "amusement" and I do think they should be protected in some sense. My local Dunnes has taken them from the toiletries aisle and they can only be purchased from the customer service desk , to reduce theft I'm sure but it does add a level of safety. I have no issues with this though I have resorted to asking for the Red Durex rather than "a box of fetherlite so I can experience enhanced sensation please"

On a side note , given the op's upcoming marriage (which is frankly startling given his inability to hold down a relationship with Tesco over an empty box ) condoms strike me as the worst possible choice of family planning in a long term relationship what's the deal there ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Is it April fools day?

Or is this minor weeny little issue actually causing a problem for the op?

You're obviously reasonably young, in a half decent job.

As you mature you will realise that there are far far far far more pressing issues to worry about than a little error in a shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Bargain alert hero!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

fitzgers wrote: »
    Hi,

Last night I was in (Not Saying) and saw a pack of 20 condoms for sale reduced from 16 euro to 9 euro...

i showed my fiance and she agreed this was a total rip off....

S

What does your fiancee usually pay for condoms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

On a side note , given the op's upcoming marriage (which is frankly startling given his inability to hold down a relationship with Tesco over an empty box ) condoms strike me as the worst possible choice of family planning in a long term relationship what's the deal there ?

Marriage is the greatest contraceptive of them all. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

There's no protection nowadays to being taken to cleaners

• Registered Users Posts: 69,014 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The This Is Not After Hours warning is needed now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭Vic_08

The one thing this thread clearly demonstrates is what an absolute pox dealing with the public is.

Instead of handing the product in the OP engineered a conflict he could be outraged over and some poor shop assistant and manager had to spend god knows how long appeasing him. No doubt they had to stand there nodding apologetically as he set the world to rights one box of condoms at a time while he condescendingly instructed them on how to do their jobs to his world-renowned high standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Vic_08 wrote: »
    The one thing this thread clearly demonstrates is what an absolute pox dealing with the public is.

Instead of handing the product in the OP engineered a conflict he could be outraged over and some poor shop assistant

Have to agree here. Unfortunately there are people out there who believe the world is out to get them. In retail it's particularly evident the general modus operandi is to achieve a result I.e. getting an apology and/or freebie to satisfy their need for validation.

"Look at me I found a mistake AND I'm a big man who's having sex AND I'm not one of those people too embarrassed to call you out on your attempt to sell empty boxes for €9 to blushing blokes"

The psychologists would have a field day

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@vectorvictor - no need to make digs at the OP.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Brilliant thread,thanks OP. Got a good laugh out of this.

Advertisement