Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DDJ-1000 Vs. CDJs and DJM mixer

Options
  • 20-07-2018 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

My setup for the past 7 years has been two CDJ-400's and a DJM-400. I have been thinking about getting a finance payment on a pair of CDJ-850's and maybe a DJM-750MK2 which would come to a total of €3,400.

I recently noticed that DJBox.ie was promoting the DDJ-1000s so I had a look at two YouTube videos reviewing it. The larger platters are exactly what I have needed plus I like to use EFX and it seems to have quite a lot on the mixer as well as mapping them to the pads.

Rekordbox software may not run on my 9 year old Mac but luckily my DJ setup is directly beside my desktop computer. The download links on the site wont work on both my PC and MAC.

MacBook Pro (17-inch, Mid 2009)
    OS X El Captain Version 10.11.6
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
    Total Number of Cores: 2
    Memory: 8 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

The big question is what more am I getting with CDJs and a DJM mixer for an extra €2,200? Are the inputs and outputs limited on a controller setup? I would hope to add a RMX-1000 to my setup in the future so is that possible with the DDJ-1000s?:confused:

Advertisement