Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheelie Bin Water Butt

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

are you going to lift them off the ground? would be a good idea to put a tap in them too, but they'd need to be raised for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

I can't really. Was thinking I'd be able to connect hose directly to pump???

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Wheelie bins are not very stable. Not sure I fancy 1/4 tonne of water in one of those.

Lumen wrote: »
    Wheelie bins are not very stable. Not sure I fancy 1/4 tonne of water in one of those.

i've them in a restricted place, they will not be moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭denismc

£39 for a water pump that you will use a couple of times a year!, would a simple syphon not be a better idea, you can make one yourself or buy from any home-brew suppliers.

• Advertisement

Hi, hoping to use it to water garden and occasional power washing. So probably using a lot over the summer. I've a large garden, I'm not opposed to using a watering can however the wife will have other ideas.... My well doesn't like the power washer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

what sort of power hose do you have? some can tap off a water butt and don't need an extra pump.

Hi,

I need the pump to put some pressure into the hose, so I can use the water from the butt about 150m away? From what i can see most of the pumps would be too powerful for this???

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭cheif kaiser

If you use that pump from Amazon, you will have the fastest hose in the world. I have one and use it to empty my half barrel, water feature and it literally empties it in 10 seconds flat!

Maybe a low powered, submersible, water feature pump wold work better. They are very inexpensive and you could leave it in the barrel and just plug in when needed?

If you use that pump from Amazon, you will have the fastest hose in the world. I have one and use it to empty my half barrel, water feature and it literally empties it in 10 seconds flat!

Maybe a low powered, submersible, water feature pump wold work better. They are very inexpensive and you could leave it in the barrel and just plug in when needed?

Any recommendations??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Yep, i recommend getting water but barrels and putting them closer to wherever it is you will be using the pressure washer.

It will be cheaper and easier to manage.

And the pressure washer wont need a pump to pull any water.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Get a pump designed for a garden pond or fountain...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,062 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

tinner777 wrote:
    Hi, hoping to use it to water garden and occasional power washing. So probably using a lot over the summer. I've a large garden, I'm not opposed to using a watering can however the wife will have other ideas.... My well doesn't like the power washer.

If you have a power washer you won't need the pump in the link. Put a tap at the bottom of wheely bin and connect to the power washer. Job done

Hi, thanks for all your help. I can't move the bins as I've them stuck in between garage wall and hedge so they don't fall over. I will look at pond pumps. Thanks.

Advertisement