Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Sparkling Water Available Galway City

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,546 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Your car/boiler/fireplace don't produce food-grade CO2 and neither does carbon sequestering. It has to be CO2 and only CO2, not CO2,NO2 and other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

My tesco had lots of soda water, 25c for 1L, don't know how much different it is from regular bottled water. They also had lots of fizzy bottled water which was slightly flavoured.

Some beers are bottle conditioned, they cap them before they are fully brewed and the yeast goes on making CO2 which is then forced into the beer and makes it fizzy, how basic homebrew is made, you would usually see yeast sediment in the bottom. Though I expect some beers said to be bottle conditioned could well use CO2 in the process.

Soda stream is a quite expensive way to go, the canisters show as in stock in argos.

I drink a lot of fizzy water but can't bring myself to pay for San Pellegrino regularly. I drink enough that I ran the numbers on Soda Stream and it worked out more expensive than bottles. At least now I know I should have a contingency. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Don't know if it's been mentioned but Terryland Fruit and Veg had loads of it the other day in 6x2L packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭thisNthat

Good to know although their water is always left outside in the sun, I don't know if that would make a difference to it or not, doubt it makes a difference to still water but sparkling?
    Don't know if it's been mentioned but Terryland Fruit and Veg had loads of it the other day in 6x2L packs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I don't know if ye'd have any interest in Flavoured Sparkling Water. But Tesco had Cases and Cases of the stuff the other day when I was in. Their own Brand Sparkling Water in an Orange & Mango Flavour, and there was a second Flavour as well, but I can't remember now. Think it was Blackcurrant and something else. 35c for a 1Litre Bottle. I bought some of the O&M but haven't tried it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

L1011 wrote: »
    Your car/boiler/fireplace don't produce food-grade CO2 and neither does carbon sequestering.

Nobody said it does, but at the end of the day C02 is C02.

It's hard to escape the irony that we're now being unsettled by a shortage of it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

Some Aldi's have Carbonated Soda Water as an alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

fussyonion wrote: »
    Loads in Lidl, Ballycullen, Lidl in Nutgrove and Lidl in Tallaght today.

Lidl Dundrum had the 1.5l bottles for 49c today, whereas it used to be 2l for 29c. Which one did you see in Lidl, please Fussy?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Loads in Lidl, Ballycullen, Lidl in Nutgrove and Lidl in Tallaght today.

Lidl Dundrum had the 1.5l bottles for 49c today, whereas it used to be 2l for 29c. Which one did you see in Lidl, please Fussy?

The one in the green bottle. 500ml size. 'Saskia' it's called.
    Picked up three more six packs today in Lidl in Ballycullen (Dublin)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,685 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The one in the green bottle. 500ml size. 'Saskia' it's called.
    Picked up three more six packs today in Lidl in Ballycullen (Dublin)

I always find the Saskia has quite a salty/sodium taste.
    Not unpleasant but certainly unexpected

• Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

rubadub wrote:
    Soda stream is a quite expensive way to go, the canisters show as in stock in argos.

They're also made in Israel, in case people have any strong feelings about that (I don't, personally.)

I managed to wean myself off a long-standing 2 litre a day sparkling water habit recently as the number of plastic bottles I was going through (even drinking them in 2 litre bottles) was giving me serious guilt. I did consider a soda stream because I really dislike the mouthfeel of still water but the expense and the hassle of getting the canisters refilled put me off.

Managed to kick the habit by buying an infuser bottle and using cucumber to take the bland edge off the still water. You can obviously put any fruit you like in there but just be wary of citrus and very sweet fruits as sipping them in infused water all day every day can have a serious effect on your teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

theteal wrote: »
    Could be worse. How’s the beer aisle???

didn't check for tesco beer, but tesco 2L cider went up 40cent and I wondered if it was due to this.

They have all these signs up about the sugar tax for ages, you would think they would put a sign up explaining the lack of carbonated drinks.

I wonder how much more it would have cost them to source carbon dioxide. If 2L bottles doubled in price they are still a lot cheaper than branded stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭thisNthat

The 2L bottles are back in Aldi in Galway City today :)

I thought we might be heading for another bread situation :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Do not mention the bread. ;)

Advertisement