Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Drawing of the 30 Sign Up (August 26th Start Date)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Just on the extended game thing - unlikely I'll last that long anyway going by recent form but I will be away on the 31st/1st so as long as it's considered that some folks may not have expected the game to last that long and have other commitments. If the majority want to go ahead with the longer game that's fine by me though. Majority rules. I can make it work somehow.

(also getting my request in for a backroom now please - regardless of my role. I find I needed less notes in the last game because I was a wolf and also because I died on D1 but thanks mods anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Considering its a Stephen King game, the Dead Room is probably the last place I'd want to be :-/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

fixxxer wrote: »
    Considering its a Stephen King game, the Dead Room is probably the last place I'd want to be :-/

Why ever would you think that... :cool:

tumblr_mt2q5dwNQ71szabgjo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

The-Shining.gif

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Just on the extended game thing - unlikely I'll last that long anyway going by recent form but I will be away on the 31st/1st so as long as it's considered that some folks may not have expected the game to last that long and have other commitments. If the majority want to go ahead with the longer game that's fine by me though. Majority rules. I can make it work somehow.

(also getting my request in for a backroom now please - regardless of my role. I find I needed less notes in the last game because I was a wolf and also because I died on D1 but thanks mods anyway)

That's fair too, the intention as always is to finish it by Friday but in the case of an over-run we said we'd let the players make the decision for us :)

Your request for a backroom will be considered by the Brains Trust and we shall come back to you with a decision on August 26th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Necrominus wrote: »
    That's fair too, the intention as always is to finish it by Friday but in the case of an over-run we said we'd let the players make the decision for us :)

Your request for a backroom will be considered by the Brains Trust and we shall come back to you with a decision on August 26th :D

Can we petition for this game to be moved forward. Haven't played in ages :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I agree, if it was next week I could play :D:D

Wish we could :( I'm working parts of next week and the parts I'm off, I'm flying out to Munich for 5 days. Soz folks. :/

BURN HIM
    BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN HIIIIIIIIIIIIIM

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Wish we could :( I'm working parts of next week and the parts I'm off, I'm flying out to Munich for 5 days. Soz folks. :/

Necro building the suspense as usual :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

M3RRHZ97H7SdMERJ1Lfr.gif

• Advertisement

Updated sign up list:

1. Mollyb60
    2. Kolido
    3. MurrayTheDemonicTalkingSkull
    4. sKeith
    5. Rikand
    6. Lord TSC
    7. fixxxer
    8. duffman13
    9. Guffy
    10. Bounty Hunter
    11. Jack Moore
    12. tritium
    13. Loughc
    14. Persepoly
    15. AnLachaCorcra
    16. y0ssar1an22
    17. beakerjoe
    18. Digital Solitude
    19. MicksJaguar
    20. Barney92
    21. Uriel.
    22. Drumpot
    23. Ectoplasm
    24. raze_them_all
    25. Anon Sign Up (Boards Mod approved)
    26. Virtanen

DR Access:
    1. kitten_k
    2. Pter
    3. MrsFlushdraw
    4. Mitsuko045

26 names so far signed up, still plenty of room for more players, and plenty of time. We won't close off sign ups until probably Thursday 22nd/ Friday 23rd August so loads of time yet to get your name on the list :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

I know I'll regret this...

But count me in :)

Virtanen wrote: »

Hopefully you won't! Thanks Virtanen, great to have you.

Virtanen wrote: »

Welcome aboard! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

FYI, I'll cry with happiness if ye give me something Dark Tower related.

NOT movie related :(

I've also started reading 'Salem's Lot for the first time too, in preperation :P

Lord TSC wrote: »
    FYI, I'll cry with happiness if ye give me something Dark Tower related.

NOT movie related :(

I've also started reading 'Salem's Lot for the first time too, in preperation :P

I'm gonna draw some ire for this, but as a standalone movie The Dark Tower isn't terrible. :o

It's just in comparison to the source material which is soooo good.

Par for the course with King adaptations really, with very few exceptions.

Salem's Lot is a good read.

The mini-series with Rob Lowe is worth a whirl after you finish it, much better than the original movie.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm gonna draw some ire for this, but as a standalone movie The Dark Tower isn't terrible. :o

Yeah, I went with my brother who has no knowledge of the books and he enjoyed it. The casting was great, but I just couldn't get over the savaging of the story, mainly cause I've waited 10 bloody years for the movie.

Kind of waiting for some of them to pop up in Castle Rock now :pac:

It's just in comparison to the source material which is soooo good.

Par for the course with King adaptations really, with very few exceptions.

Salem's Lot is a good read.

The mini-series with Rob Lowe is worth a whirl after you finish it, much better than the original movie.

Have to agree with this. As a small-scale action movie which just uses a few bits from the books to make its own story, it's fine and looks decent. There's a tight story in there with a conclusion. Matthew McConnaughey is a great NotRandall. However, as an adaptation of the books, any of them, it's such a let down.

Maybe the Dark Tower is unfilmable, but considering the ambition and execution of other epics in the 21st century, like Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones, you'd think someone could give the DT a fair crack. I would love to see it get the full HBO treatment.

I've thought it through, passionately, occasionally. The only major sticking point with a true adaptation of the book series IMO would be
    book 4, Wizard and Glass. While you are making a flashback season for this book, all of your main 'present day' cast would have to sit out for a year while you introduce a bunch of new characters and a younger Roland. Challenging for both production, and a casual audience. Also...whoever you get to play Jake, there would be the 'Daniel Radcliffe' effect (a.k.a. The Bran effect) with how to keep the actor looking like a 12 year old for the duration of the show

So yeah, I might have thought about this shít a little too much.

DT movie was such a letdown as an adaptation, but it's not the worst offender in recent years; The TV series of 11/22/63 with James Franco almost ruined the memory of an amazing book for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I'm a gay that knows nothing about werewolf thanks for hearing my opinion please argue back, I get off on that **** x

Go home Digi you are drunk

Franco himself ruined 11/22/63 from the get go for me. I cant stand his weaselly face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ok guys, I've set up a 10 euro a head league in the aul Fantasy Football.

Winner takes it all. Hopefully we can get a few.

Payment through paypal

Pm me for details

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I may be too late and I may still be killed IRL for this, but since I don't technically go away till the evening of the 30th and will have internet access on the 31st till I fly on the 1st, I may manage.

Just don't be telling my hubby haha

I may be too late and I may still be killed IRL for this, but since I don't technically go away till the evening of the 30th and will have internet access on the 31st till I fly on the 1st, I may manage.

Welcome aboard Flushy :)

Updated Sign ups:
    1. Mollyb60
    2. Kolido
    3. MurrayTheDemonicTalkingSkull
    4. sKeith
    5. Rikand
    6. Lord TSC
    7. fixxxer
    8. duffman13
    9. Guffy
    10. Bounty Hunter
    11. Jack Moore
    12. tritium
    13. Loughc
    14. Persepoly
    15. AnLachaCorcra
    16. y0ssar1an22
    17. beakerjoe
    18. Digital Solitude
    19. MicksJaguar
    20. Barney92
    21. Uriel.
    22. Drumpot
    23. Ectoplasm
    24. raze_them_all
    25. Anon Sign Up (Boards Mod approved)
    26. Virtanen
    27. MrsFlushdraw
    28. Comic Book Guy

DR Access:
    1. kitten_k
    2. Pter
    3. Mitsuko045

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I'll update the op list for you asap this evening Necro

Woooo! Top ten!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Hi all, total newbie to the game but if ye are stuck for numbers stick me down.

Hi all, total newbie to the game but if ye are stuck for numbers stick me down.

Welcome aboard, plenty of room.

And may I be the first to say, welcome to the madhouse :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Welcome aboard, plenty of room.

And may I be the first to say, welcome to the madhouse :pac:

Feck off back to the united forum Necro :pac:

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote:
    Feck off back to the united forum Necro

Shhhh... I'm planning to subliminally seduce you all over there into playing WW. :pac:

Advertisement