Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My boss forwarded personal details to my colleagues

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

bilbot79 wrote: »
    We have a spreadsheet where we can see the entire departments holidays

Well look at it this way, if you had say "heard" a rumour that a colleague was possibly gay but hadn't admitted it and you could see they had booked the entire week of the price festival off, that would have people talking.

I mean I have no bones with people knowing mine but there's always someone with an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 17,083 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

sexmag wrote:
    Well look at it this way, if you had say "heard" a rumour that a colleague was possibly gay but hadn't admitted it and you could see they had booked the entire week of the price festival off, that would have people talking.

sexmag wrote:
    I mean I have no bones with people knowing mine but there's always someone with an issue

I wonder if your employer is actually using GDPR as an excuse to get you all to apply in secret. They can pick & choose who they want to get what time off. They can refuse you the dates you want saying they are booked when they are not.

It actually sounds like they are taking advantage of you. GDPR is a cop out as annual leave isn't covered in such a way

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

sexmag wrote: »

Just because someone has an issue doesnt trump normal office management/rostering/information requirements/good practices..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Just because someone has an issue doesnt trump normal office management/rostering/information requirements/good practices..

The professionally outraged brigade would seem to be able to prove you all wrong.

Common sense is not so common anymore

Advertisement