Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS250 Dialler Question

Options
  • 20-07-2018 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi again!
    I have an Aritech CS250 installed about 14 years. It works perfectly but one thing always annoyed me! I had the dialler module installed at the time and on alarm it calls me and reports as it should. It seems I can acknowledge the alarm so that it won't dial me again but I cannot acknowledge and rearm it - that is the bells still ring. Additionally, even though it has more than one caller number stored it only seems to ring mine (the first number stored) forever until it gets kissed off.

I determined to have another look this weekend as a damn pigeon flew into the kitchen window again and set it off - I can see on my cameras there is no issue so I just want to silence it and rearm it. It does silence itself externally after 15 minutes but the internal siren keeps going and neighbours keep ringing me about them!

I've looked at it before but could not find anything to change. Appreciate any insight as to what's possible here before I spend my Saturday afternoon in front of the keypad and annoying the neighbours testing it!

Anybody know if it is possible with this older dialler module to rearm using phone codes? Or indeed is there possibly a newer module I could retrofit that might be more sophisticated?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bibrock

Have you considered timing the internal siren also? look for All bells reset under timer menu. Usually the system would retrigger if a further cause for activation occurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

soram wrote: »
    Hi again!
    I have an Aritech CS250 installed about 14 years. It works perfectly but one thing always annoyed me! I had the dialler module installed at the time and on alarm it calls me and reports as it should. It seems I can acknowledge the alarm so that it won't dial me again but I cannot acknowledge and rearm it - that is the bells still ring. Additionally, even though it has more than one caller number stored it only seems to ring mine (the first number stored) forever until it gets kissed off.

I determined to have another look this weekend as a damn pigeon flew into the kitchen window again and set it off - I can see on my cameras there is no issue so I just want to silence it and rearm it. It does silence itself externally after 15 minutes but the internal siren keeps going and neighbours keep ringing me about them!

I've looked at it before but could not find anything to change. Appreciate any insight as to what's possible here before I spend my Saturday afternoon in front of the keypad and annoying the neighbours testing it!

Anybody know if it is possible with this older dialler module to rearm using phone codes? Or indeed is there possibly a newer module I could retrofit that might be more sophisticated?

Cheers

That plug on module wont allow remote access to the alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭soram

altor wrote: »
    That plug on module wont allow remote access to the alarm.

Thanks - I think that was my issue before. I might try to put a timer on the internal bells as suggested......

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

soram wrote: »
    Hi again!

Cheers

Unfortunately that system will not allow for remote control of the alarm in the manner you want. There are some standalone diallers that would allow a key switch output to arm /disarm the system , but , at 14 years old you might be better putting that money towards an upgrade that would give you full control via app etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭soram

KoolKid wrote: »
    Unfortunately that system will not allow for remote control of the alarm in the manner you want. There are some standalone diallers that would allow a key switch output to arm /disarm the system , but , at 14 years old you might be better putting that money towards an upgrade that would give you full control via app etc.

Any controller worth recommending at the moment? Would i also need to change out the wireless sensors or are they standard?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The Advisor would allow you use your wireless devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gibbygal

Hi
    I’m new here and unsure how it all works.... anyway is it possible /easy to change the aritech system to use a mobile if the landline is removed,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Gibbygal wrote: »
    Hi
    I’m new here and unsure how it all works.... anyway is it possible /easy to change the aritech system to use a mobile if the landline is removed,

You would need GSM that can convert to an analog line.
    A better option would be to update the control panel and use the wifi with free app if possible.

Advertisement