Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand book shops in south Galway, or the city?

Options
  • 20-07-2018 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody knows anywhere in Galway that take second hand books? Have so many of them that pity to dump them. I know there is book exchange ( near the back entrance of Eyre SQ shopping centre) Lady there said she only will take certain types. Probably will bring them there but just wondering if anyone knew of other places.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Snapgal wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody knows anywhere in Galway that take second hand books? Have so many of them that pity to dump them. I know there is book exchange ( near the back entrance of Eyre SQ shopping centre) Lady there said she only will take certain types. Probably will bring them there but just wondering if anyone knew of other places.

If you don't want to sell them on, try the charity shops, I heard a few years ago that homeless charities use donated school books for the kids they know in need.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Charlie Byrne’s bookshop might take some.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Don't know about Galway, but there is a big bucket in Cork City Library that people can leave or take books from.
    If Galway library doesn't do that, it might be an idea to suggest it to them, or maybe just ask them if you could donate your books to them (I've done that in the past with CD's in the music library, and the staff were grateful.

Or you could just leave them in places like the right cafe's and bars, labelled "Free".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

VdeP, Cope, Cancer Care West shops will all take them, I've dropped some in them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Bell, Book and Candle up by the Crane bar and Charlie Byrnes will give you cash and vouchers if you are looking to make something on the books. But there’s also so many charity shops to chose from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Snapgal wrote: »

Kenny's have a unit on Oranmore

• Registered Users Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭bobbyss

The Simon Shop in Briarhill Business Park should take them but its counterpart on Sea Road may be selective in what it wants. A quick call will clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Board doesn't allow several threads on the same topic

Copy thread from city merged into county thread

Advertisement