Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod note

Options
  • 20-07-2018 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

We've reset the Charter on the 3 Strike policy

"Three strike Policy

In light of the constant bickering and petty derailing of threads we have decided to trial a three strike ban system.
    Reset 20/7/18. Strike 3 is a permanent ban, so your third ban is final form the forum"

A couple of weeks ago we were very close to issuing double bans, we didn't as it would have resulted in permanent ban for a user that has largely avoided issues since the successful use of the system.

So the slate is clean for everyone from now

However the HKC Vs the rest derailing has to stop please, as do the repetitive posts about the same things over and over again.

In recent times some posters have offered opinion as fact. This is not good practice, particularly when it's associated with a sales pitch, the advice is tainted and no longer in the spirit of the forum. I will bring the notes about advertorials in the charter to your attention again.

Also I don't think the users are concerned about how posters are disappointed with each other or not.

So if you want to offer advice please keep it balanced. If you want to sell a product please see about getting your own company page on boards.

If you don't like the competition from IoT systems so be it.

In Short

Remember that it is perfectly legal for someone to install an alarm in their own home
    A PSA licence does not allow you to control what is and is not discussed here
    If you are going to offer opinions about new IoT products on the market please read up on them at least rather than post behind an installers shield.

I understand that this does not read well for a friday but I've got the old problem with lads moaning about the behaviour of others, yet acting very similarly themselves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement