Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No more early upgrades?

Options
  • 20-07-2018 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭

Hi Eir, 

I was with Meteor for about 10 years and continued to be a customer after the merge of the 2 companies a few years back.

I called Eir today to query about upgrading my handset and staying on as a customer for another 24 months. I would usually give a call about a month or 2 before the contact end date and have always been more than happy with service I was provided with this request, both with Meteor and Eir. 

I was very disappointed today when i called, less than a month before the contact ends, only to be told that you no longer offer this to customers and I must wait until my contact expires. 

My phone is nearly 2 years old and as you can imagine, isnt the most up to date anymore and is starting to give a lot of hassle. I was hoping to upgrade my phone a little early, i dont see this phone lasting much longer. 

I feel bad for the poor guys on the phones who have to deliver this information to long time loyal  customers. 

Once my contact is up I will be shopping around. This the first time ive ever been let down by the service and it seems as though its just an attempt to squeeze as much from bill pay customers as possible. 

Im not expecting that the guys on the Boards team can help me out but I just wanted to to vent my frustration. :(

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I think you might be ringing the wrong department..

I just got a 3 month early upgrade last Friday.

You need to ring the loyalty team 1800567085.
    If they tell you they are no longer doing early upgrades tell them you`ll be switching networks when it does expire.
    They`ll look after you.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

I agree with Hellrazer. It's unusual that they refused you an early upgrade. Soon after the 18th month of the contract Eir customers are usually may be eligible for early upgrade. Unless you are still on very old Meteor plan which may be non-early upgradeable. But I somehow doubt you are on legacy plan.

Chat with Eir during the business hours over this link: https://www.eir.ie/chatnow

I would have loved to speak to that agent who told you they stopped doing early upgrade, and would have asked him to explain this Eir article then: https://www.eir.ie/support/mobile/upgrade-your-mobile-device

Advertisement