Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Terrific move by BB and the Patriots. Minimal risk for maximum reward.

Gordon is easily the most talented receiver Brady has had to throw to since probably Randy Moss.

Great move for Gordon too. If he keeps himself on the field he will put up stupid numbers and get a massive contract next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

How much (or little) does it say for many of the 31 of the other teams in the league that the moment we knew he was going, it was almost fact that he was going to NE from the offset? Especially if Gronk goes down which is a likelihood, expect a huge, huge year for Gordon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Antonio Brown apparently didn't show up to work yesterday. I thought nothing of the ‘Trade me’ tweet (and they obviously wont) but it looks like the disharmony in the Steelers locker room goes well past Bell.

Really serves them right for how they tried to railroad Bell and then allowed players to talk crap about him to the media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The Steelers are starting to make the Browns look like the Patriots.

Long may this meltdown continue :pac:

Brown and Bell are probably my two favourite players in the league outside of Rodgers, certainly on defense. If both are gone from Pittsburgh on top of Ben ageing (turns 37 after the SB and his 'off' games have seemed more frequent each and every year), and of course Shazier's tragic injury last year, that is going to be an absolutely epic hit to the team.

It's kind of hilarious to think a team could have entered the regular season with no WRs or RBs (though a lot of cap space and some draft picks) and could in theory now have picked up Bryant, Gordon, probably Leveon Bell and sure feck it, Antonio Brown while we're at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Steelers could end up going full 49ers in the coming offseason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭Christy42

Could these players not think of my fantasy teams first? Uh this season it feels like they are targeting my teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Christy42 wrote: »
    Could these players not think of my fantasy teams first? Uh this season it feels like they are targeting my teams.
    The only decent pick I made was AB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Merchandise ordering online question, lads- 

Normally order off Fanatic, NFL Europestore and NFLshop in the US which has the biggest selection of merch

There's a few shirts I want, mostly salute to services, which are between $99-$149 dollars

For example

https://www.fanatics.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/travis-kelce-kansas-city-chiefs-nike-salute-to-service-limited-jersey-olive/o-4605+t-81598147+p-57414410687+z-9-126833906

https://www.nflshop.com/kansas-city-chiefs/mens-kansas-city-chiefs-travis-kelce-nike-olive-salute-to-service-limited-jersey/t-25598158+p-1396008780641+z-9-57878992

However, found this site, and they're only 30 or 40 dollars, saving nearly 100 quid-

http://www.chiefsfootballofficialprostore.com/MEN.html?page=4&sort=2a&feature_filters[1]=2017%2BSalute%2Bto%2BService&feature_filters[0]=2016%2BSalute%2Bto%2BService

It says official

Is there a catch?

• Advertisement

Merchandise ordering online question, lads- 

Normally order off Fanatic, NFL Europestore and NFLshop in the US which has the biggest selection of merch

There's a few shirts I want, mostly salute to services, which are between $99-$149 dollars

For example

https://www.fanatics.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/travis-kelce-kansas-city-chiefs-nike-salute-to-service-limited-jersey-olive/o-4605+t-81598147+p-57414410687+z-9-126833906

https://www.nflshop.com/kansas-city-chiefs/mens-kansas-city-chiefs-travis-kelce-nike-olive-salute-to-service-limited-jersey/t-25598158+p-1396008780641+z-9-57878992

However, found this site, and they're only 30 or 40 dollars, saving nearly 100 quid-

http://www.chiefsfootballofficialprostore.com/MEN.html?page=4&sort=2a&feature_filters[1]=2017%2BSalute%2Bto%2BService&feature_filters[0]=2016%2BSalute%2Bto%2BService

It says official

Is there a catch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

The Chiefs' official store is https://shop.chiefs.com, so the above is almost certainly some sort of scam.

When you see an Elite jersey for a current player reduced from $250 to $32, it's a scam.

They're also still using Alex Smith and Jamaal Charles on their homepage :pac:

JaMarcus wrote: »
    The Chiefs' official store is https://shop.chiefs.com, so the above is almost certainly some sort of scam.

When you see an Elite jersey for a current player reduced from $250 to $32, it's a scam.

They're also still using Alex Smith and Jamaal Charles on their homepage :pac:

Thanks for that dude :)

That Kelce Salute to Services shirt is so bloody expensive.

If I order from America to Ireland it's like 178 dollars which is 155 euro :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭conor222

I just got my Maholmes jersey from DHgate, they're not official but top quality knockoffs and costed about 15 euros delivered. got it in 2 weeks as well. I'll have it in the woolshed this weekend if you wanna take a look

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/ng-interactive/2018/sep/19/nfl-rooney-rule-coaching-statistics?

Just after reading this article. I cannot fathom what the whole point of it is. There are more black HCs & DCs than ever before but there is still a massive problem.

Also when talking about ‘Centrality’ they seem to omit the fact that the majority of MLBs would be black.

If it was the players themselves complaining about it I might listen to them but the fact this stuff gets published is embarrassing in my opinion

conor222 wrote: »
    I just got my Maholmes jersey from DHgate, they're not official but top quality knockoffs and costed about 15 euros delivered. got it in 2 weeks as well. I'll have it in the woolshed this weekend if you wanna take a look

I paid 164 euro for my Mahomes 15 white shirt :(

• Advertisement

I paid 164 euro for my Mahomes 15 white shirt :(

Yeah but you presumably are guaranteed the quality of the thing. If you buy from a rip off site the quality will absolutely be lower, and you just don't know what you're getting, it's a gamble. Also, see how it looks after a wash. My brother got a couple of jerseys once on a dodgy site, one for himself and one for me. Mine is still going strong, though the numbers are a little overly heavy. But the markings on his started to peel off after a wash and it became unwearable. So it all depends. I'd consider my one to have been worth the savings, but I doubt my brother would agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭conor222

Yeah but you presumably are guaranteed the quality of the thing. If you buy from a rip off site the quality will absolutely be lower, and you just don't know what you're getting, it's a gamble. Also, see how it looks after a wash. My brother got a couple of jerseys once on a dodgy site, one for himself and one for me. Mine is still going strong, though the numbers are a little overly heavy. But the markings on his started to peel off after a wash and it became unwearable. So it all depends. I'd consider my one to have been worth the savings, but I doubt my brother would agree.

They do yeah, we've ordered a few over the years for the group of lads and we've had some great ones and some ones that have seen 3 or 4 wears before disintegrating. You're guaranteed a good long term one with the official ones (I've a Charles one that's about 7 years old and still going strong albeit a bit snug now versus when it was bought :P )

**** it I'm gonna pay full whack for the official one

As long as we don't get rid of Kelce it's all good

**** it I'm gonna pay full whack for the official one

As long as we don't get rid of Kelce it's all good

If ye do get rid of Kelce you can then wear it as a protest against the decision.

Given the price of jerseys, and the speed at which players circulate around the league I think in future I'd only be inclined to get a retired HOF player jersey, something that will never go out of date. No point buying a Mack jersey, because I don't know what the future holds, but I know Urlacher and Payton will always be Bears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Or in my case, continue to wear Plummer 16 and hope nobody question my decision...

• Advertisement

If ye do get rid of Kelce you can then wear it as a protest against the decision.

Given the price of jerseys, and the speed at which players circulate around the league I think in future I'd only be inclined to get a retired HOF player jersey, something that will never go out of date. No point buying a Mack jersey, because I don't know what the future holds, but I know Urlacher and Payton will always be Bears.

I've got Mahomes, Kelce and Sammy Watkins

I don't see either 3 going anywhere :P

Or in my case, continue to wear Plummer 16 and hope nobody question my decision...

It's OK, it's been long enough now that most will just reckon you're a dyslexic tradesman.

I've got Mahomes, Kelce and Sammy Watkins

I don't see either 3 going anywhere :P

I highly doubt to see Watkins there by the season after next, to be honest :o . A decent player but not amazing, seems to frustrate coaches by not hitting his obvious potential, and just seems like one of those 'very serviceable journeymen' that starts for 1-3 years in one place and then moves on.

Kelce should be safe though for a bit and it's early days but Mahomes you could get 15 years out of.

Billy86 wrote: »
    I highly doubt to see Watkins there by the season after next, to be honest :o . A decent player but not amazing, seems to frustrate coaches by not hitting his obvious potential, and just seems like one of those 'very serviceable journeymen' that starts for 1-3 years in one place and then moves on.

Kelce should be safe though for a bit and it's early days but Mahomes you could get 15 years out of.

Not been impressed with Watkins so far

Should have got Butker or someone from our D like Berry or Ragland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Maroon F*&king 5 being lined up for the Superbowl half time show apparently. I'm not a fan of most of the artists that do it but I normally watch anyway and most of the time I enjoy it but there's not a chance in hell I'm going to watch these muppets if it does get confirmed. That ad during the World Cup with them playing 3 Little Birds was so annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't know much about them but that weddings video was very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

My Mack jersey from China will be here tomorrow and I suspect it'll be put into the good pile in a few years. He's too good a player on the field and off the field he seems to be a good guy. Can't see it going bad and him being traded/released.

Sexy Rexy, Benson, Marshall, Berrian (orange :eek:) & Peppers are some of the jerseys in one pile. :(

The other 'wearable' pile has Urlacher, Tillmann, Brown (Mike), Briggs, Payton, Cutty, Knox & Hester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Still wear my Teddy Bruschi jersey

Oat23 wrote: »
    Cutty,

GOAT to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭Christy42

Never understood the point of jerseys in anything but the team's colours to be honest. Very much like the gaa pink jersey range which I didn't see the point of either.

As for if a player leaves or not. I would not worry. As long as a player has contributed a decent bit it still counts for me. A friend still happily wears a Seattle Lynch jersey. Kelce has done enough for that franchise for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Still wear my Teddy Bruschi jersey

Thanks pal, means a lot...

Can we all please stop talking about the Chiefs possibly losing the best TE in the NFL :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Can we all please stop talking about the Chiefs possibly losing the best TE in the NFL :(

I must have missed the news about Gronk being traded to ye ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

My old Pats linebacker jersey is a little more obscure.... Andy Katzenmoyer....

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I must have missed the news about Gronk being traded to ye ;)

Sicknote

:D

Jesus they are in real trouble without Kelce what weapons have they left. My heart bleeds

Jesus they are in real trouble without Kelce what weapons have they left. My heart bleeds

:D

Great, innit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Ravens fined 200k for breaching the Coach to player communication rule

Some players like the QB and middle linebacker (though sometimes a safety) have a headset to recieve the plays and their helmet has a green sticker to show this

Seems Baltimore had two many players with this role on the field at the same time

Ah it’s preseason so results don’t matter and I can see how it happens. 90 players on a roster and constant changing going on.

200k for this and 150k for excessive contact in OTA’s

Racking up the fines so they are even if the owner is a billionaire

Why would they not do it? They're paying a pittance for an on field advantage. Same logic as the ota situation, they probably figured the punishment is so lenient they're better off cheating. It's the league's problem, fines, especially tiny ones, are not a punishment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

True but it’s preason so I’d call it more incompetence than deviousness

Nobody cares about a preseason W

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

mikemac2 wrote: »
    True but it’s preason so I’d call it more incompetence than deviousness

Nobody cares about a preseason W
    True. But it’s on field coaching, helping to prepare for the regular season wins. Cheating, yes. But if the fines are so minor, they are going to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Why would they not do it? They're paying a pittance for an on field advantage. Same logic as the ota situation, they probably figured the punishment is so lenient they're better off cheating. It's the league's problem, fines, especially tiny ones, are not a punishment.

I'm guessing with the bigger preseason squad they had more green dot helmets than usual, and two of them ended up on the field than normal. You'd think in the huddle one of them would have copped, "wait, how come that guy is calling out the play"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Hey maybe they'll pick someone as good as Khalil Mack in the draft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Hey maybe they'll pick someone as good as Khalil Mack in the draft.

🀣🀣🀣
    What kind of a first class idiot is gruden eh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

brinty wrote: »
    ������
    What kind of a first class idiot is gruden eh

A rich one ?

Also interesting to see the hint by Colin kaepernicks attorney that two teams may be interested in signing him.

Have to feel he is just trolling at this stage. Anyone with sense would just avoid the subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

GkVgTL0.jpg

If gruden gets fired after 2 years does he get the full 100 mill if so he's nailing this

Knex. wrote: »
    GkVgTL0.jpg

We're nearly at the point where Eli is playing even worse than the OL. Giants should hope he stays down there

• Advertisement
Advertisement