Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,971 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I believe that Amari Cooper is top notch. You can see how well he got on when Carr had a decent offensive line. Since Carr came back from injury he has had awful pass protection and as a result has favoured bigger receivers mist of the time.
    Cooper will do well with a decent QB who is well protected. All the Cowboys have to do now is find a decent QB or maybe Dak isn't that bad and has just needed a top receiver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Chad Kelly arrested for first degree criminal trespass. He managed to keep out of public trouble right up until the point where there was a lot of noise for him to get game time.

Just read it on NFL.com. ffs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000977700/article/broncos-qb-chad-kelly-arrested-for-trespassing

Who was it I wonder? Ex gf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Chad Kelly arrested for first degree criminal trespass. He managed to keep out of public trouble right up until the point where there was a lot of noise for him to get game time.

It's down to second degree and will be dropped to at worse a misdemeanour.

The idiot got drunk and walked into the wrong house - the home owner belted him with the hose of a vacuum cleaner and Kelly ran out of the house.

Elway should punish him to teach him a lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I’d say that’s pretty likely which would make it even worse. Von Miller apparently threw a big party last night and Kelly was mumbling incoherently when he was found. He had no alcohol in his system, so that leaves only a few options of what would left him in that state.

The idiot got drunk and walked into the wrong house - the home owner belted him with the hose of a vacuum cleaner and Kelly ran out of the house.

The lesson he doesn’t appear to have learned from the multiple times he got in trouble in college, that made him fall so low in the draft? The guy seems like he’s still one of those ticking clock players who can go off and get in trouble at any minute.

• Advertisement

He'll get benched and we will probably never hear about him again. A team took a chance on him after his history of stupidity and he goes and let's them down very quickly. Good luck and good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Someone on FB wrote this, "hit with the vacuum cleaner, did the home owner get called for roughing the passer"

eagle eye wrote: »
    He'll get benched and we will probably never hear about him again. A team took a chance on him after his history of stupidity and he goes and let's them down very quickly. Good luck and good riddance.

Which bench will he move to from the bench he was on?

The lesson he doesn’t appear to have learned from the multiple times he got in trouble in college, that made him fall so low in the draft? The guy seems like he’s still one of those ticking clock players who can go off and get in trouble at any minute.

He's also very good and hasn't really transgressed in Denver.

Fingers crossed anyway. I want him as our QB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

If any else wasn't too bothered reading through the 6 articles The Boston Globe (spotlight) published on Aaron Hernandez recently here's a summary from a user on reddit. It does make you feel bad for the guy, he had a tough life. And I know it doesn't justify or explain what he did but nevertheless, can't help but feel for him.
    Part 1: Bristol

(Intro)

A local car dealer loaned Aaron an SUV with the expectation of Aaron giving them back some promo. Aaron didn’t do anything back. When his agent told him to respect the deals he makes, Aaron pulled out a rifle and said “I get my respect through weapons.”

On one jail call, Aaron said, “You have to find inner peace to be happy.“ Just like me, like by having money … having everything in the world, I still was miserable.”

———

Aaron was molested as a young boy. Neither his lawyer nor brother want to identify the perpetrator.

It’s a myth that Aaron lost his way after his father died. His father, Dennis, ruthlessly beat Aaron and his brother, DJ with two long sticks from a Fisher Price game table for years on end. His brother says that he and Aaron lived in constant fear of their father’s beatings.

Dennis would beat them over bad grades, not trying hard enough in sports, or for seemingly no reason at all.

DJ and Aaron were taught that seeking psychological help is a sign of weakness

Dennis clocked Aaron’s youth football coach across the face because he didn’t like his coaching decisions. Dennis had criminal connections of his own, arrested for buying cocaine and connected to a bungled robbery that left a police officer dead.

DJ also remembers very fond moments of family time with Dennis and says that Dennis only wanted them both to excel and used beatings as a motivational tool.

When he was young, Aaron wanted to be a cheerleader. Dennis beat that idea out of him. Dennis was extremely homophobic.

In high school, Aaron and his QB would smoke a lot of weed. They also hid a casual gay sexual relationship, which they kept secret.

Aaron was very close to his older cousin. After his father died, his mother went on to marry the cousin’s husband. This caused a rift between Aaron and his mother that never got repaired.

Aaron spent a lot of time at his older cousin’s house. It was here that he became associated with many shady characters.

Aaron told his mom from jail that she should have given him ADHD medication to help pay attention in school. His mom told him that his medication was being knocked over the head with a “frickin’ hammer”.

Part 2: Florida

Aaron took the infamous glock selfie in college. He describes himself as “immature, just reckless” during his time in at the University of Florida.

Aaron sucker punched a bar tender and ruptured his eardrum over a $12 tab he thought a fan paid for. Facing a felony conviction, a University of Florida defense team worked out a deal with the bar tender to persuade him to drop charges.

Urban Meyer thinks he and his staff did everything they could’ve to help Aaron.

In prison, Aaron tattooed the initials of teammates Mike and Maurkice Pouncey on his arm. He and the twins were extremely close. They would visit him in prison and attend his funeral.

Aaron told his lawyer at Florida “every time I was on the field I was high on weed.” Meyer tried to throw Aaron off the team, but Tebow stopped him. Still, Meyer forced Aaron to go pro after his junior year.

Belichick was close to Urban and watched Florida practices before drafting Aaron, despite scout concerns about Aaron’s connection to criminals in Bristol and heavy drug use.

Part 3: Foxborough

Aaron always referred to Belichick as “daddy”.

Once, Aaron got a bruise on his elbow. Belichick gave him a kiss on it. “No, I didn’t ask him,’’ Hernandez said, smiling. “I damn sure liked it though. Felt some love.”

However, Aaron approached Belichick about his deepening paranoia in 2013, but Belichick saw little reason to get more than minimally involved. As long as Aaron performed well, no one in the Patriots org wanted to find out more about Aaron.

Gillette was only 2 hours away from Bristol, which kept his criminal ties alive.

Aaron hired an ex-con to supply him with steady streams of marijuana and weapons.

Aaron had an apartment for storing drugs and ammunition.

Dane Fletcher was one of Aaron’s few friends on the team, though he let Aaron know that he disagreed with his criminal life.

Gronk and Aaron were friends, but rarely socialized away from the stadium

Aaron asked Brady, Julian Edelman, and Josh McDaniels if they would visit him if he landed in jail. Aaron recalls, “They all said ‘yeah, this and that,’ but I knew those ****ers wouldn’t.”

Aaron gets $41 million extension with $12.5 million signing bonus. Says he’s been changed by the Patriot Way.

In his first days in training camp, Aaron threatened to **** up Wes Welker, who teased him about needing help in the film room.

Wes Welker told Brandon Lloyd, “I just want to warn you that [Hernandez] is going to talk about being bathed by his mother. He’s going to have his genitalia out in front of you while you’re sitting on your stool. He’s going to talk about gay sex. Just do your best to ignore it. Even walk away.”

Lloyd recalls, “There would be swings where he’d be the most hyper-masculine, aggressive individual in the room, where he’d be ready to fight somebody in fits of rage. Or he’d be the most sensitive person in the room, talking about cuddling with his mother. Or he’d ask me, ‘Do you think I’m good enough to play?’”

Brady would get “enraged” at Aaron’s erratic mood swings.

One day, Aaron was doing his walkthrough in flip flops, laughing, and goofing off. Tom Brady told him, “Shut the **** up. Get the **** out of here”. Aaron immediately went from child-like to full of rage and stormed off.

Part 4: Murder

Hernandez often became high-strung and jumpy at clubs, convinced that people wanted to “try” him

A few weeks before signing his huge extension, Hernandez was at a Boston club when a man bumped into him, causing a drink to spill on him.

Hernandez left, but came back 2 hours later with his drug/weapons supplier, Alexander Bradley, and executed a hit and run on the man and his friend, who were sitting in a car.

Ultimately, after he’d already been sentenced to life, he was found not guilty of the murder.

It’s not mentioned in the article, but it’s because the case relied on the testimony of Bradley, who perjured himself in a 2013 case against Hernandez. Bradley had claimed Hernandez shot him, but he’d admitted to his lawyer that he actually didn’t recall. All the defense needed was a reasonable doubt, and this provided it (Source). However, it’s undisputed that Hernandez at least provided the getaway car, so he was implicit complicit in the double murder.

Patriots season 2012 (his last): Missed first 6 games with an ankle injury, also played hurt last 6 (including playoffs) with a torn shoulder labrum. Lost season.

Hernandez’s paranoia worsened. He became certain that random people were cops following him.

Hernandez had a fallout with Bradley. Somehow, Bradley wound up shot in the head and left to die (he would later tell his lawyer that he didn’t recall who shot him). He survived and blamed Hernandez, demanding millions in cash out of court. Hernandez denied everything. **However, tensions grew so much that Hernandez hired a 24/7 bodyguard.

Hernandez, struggling with his paranoia, arranged to meet with Bill Belichick at the NFL combine in Indianapolis. Hernandez called Belichick “daddy” and held him up as a father figure.

Hernandez told Belichick that he feared people were going to kill him. He wanted Belichick to trade or release him so he could play for a west coast team, where his family would be safer.

Belichick refused, but offered to connect him with the Patriots’ security chief (Hernandez declined). He also connected Hernandez to a Patriots staffer that helped him find a more secure apartment, presumably to lay low. Belichick never contacted authorities.

Hernandez loaded up on handguns, rifles, and bought a Chevrolet Suburban outfitted as an armored vehicle for $110k. Bradley kept threatening him, and it drove Hernandez crazy.

Hernandez’s football training/commitment seemed to suffer. After arriving late to practice, he texted Brandon Spikes, “[Belichick] was like Wtf is wrong with you Florida boys... They told me they was trying to let me go but they r gonna give me one more year to straighten out lol... But I ain’t trippin.’’

Odin Lloyd, a semi-pro football player who dated Hernandez’s fianc sister, grew close to Hernandez. According to prosecutors, Lloyd did something to piss off Hernandez at a nightclub venture. However, witnesses say nothing extraordinary happened. (My own conjecture: perhaps Odin said something that made Aaron think he was associated with Bradley, but it took Aaron time to imagine this.)

Two days later, Hernandez, his bodyguard, and another associate picked Lloyd up and drove him to an industrial park a mile from Hernandez’s home. “Did you see who I am with?” Lloyd texted his sister while in the car, “Nfl... Just so you know.” He was shot 6 times execution style and left for dead.

Before an arrest was made, police showed up at Hernandez’s home to ask questions. Belichick summoned Hernandez to his office. and asked Hernandez “point-blank’’ if he was involved. Hernandez replied, “Absolutely not.’’ The conversation lasted less than five minutes. He never spoke to Hernandez again.

8 days later, Hernandez was arrested and cut, his contract void.

Part 5: Prison

When Hernandez first went to jail, he was held in a section for violent or mentally ill inmates.

Hernandez passed time by playing poker, cribbage, whist, and reading Harry Potter books. He’d also work out and play chess.

He seemingly thrived off the enforced structure of prison life. He would tell friends and family about the small pleasures of prison life (e.g. having a nice, tidy cell). There’s audio of this call to his fianc but to me, it seems like he’s forcing it to comfort his her.

Hernandez read the Bible and philosophical books as he reflected on his life. “I tried as hard as I could to live the dream life,” he told a friend. “But it didn’t end up working out.” He told his cousin, “I’m just one empty person. I’ve been like that for so long.”

At one of his jails, inmates would crowd around a TV and root for the Patriots with Hernandez on Sunday

Hernandez fretted that his teammates had forgotten about him.

After hearing that Josh McDaniels had asked about him (but couldn’t visit b/c optics) Hernandez wanted to write to him, but the only address his agent could give him was of Gillette Stadium.

“Yeah, I’ve ****ing sent one there before. But I don’t think they’ll even let it through,’’ Hernandez said.

Hernandez also tried to write a letter to Tom Brady, but his agent didn’t deliver it.

Hernandez admitted to a friend that he had hung out with bad people. He also claimed he didn’t miss his old existence. Not the money, not the fame. He said he missed his daughter and “the same thing I missed when I was on the streets.”

About two years after the murder of Lloyd, Hernandez was finally convicted of murder with the sentence of life without parole.

Hernandez was transported to a maximum security prison. He typically spent 20 hours a day in a cell. He didn’t have the leisure he had in jail while he awaited trial.

In prison, Hernandez joined a gang affiliated with the Bloods and repeatedly broke rules. He served as a lookout for a fight, which got him solitary. He was moved through 23 cells in 2 years, usually as punishment.

In prison, he told his mother that he was molested as a child and that he was gay. He told her that the molestation made him gay. This upset him a lot.

Lawyers warned his fiancthat Hernandez admitted to being gay to another woman and that it might come up in his double murder trial. Hernandez was “stricken” over how she would react. The issue never came up, but the secret was out to his fianc

Hernandez was acquitted of the double murder. He was planning on also appealing the Lloyd case. Five days later, he’d kill himself.

24 hours before his suicide, Hernandez and another inmate smoked synthetic K2 marijuana in his cell that “may ultimately do things that are out of character for [Hernandez], things that people they are close to would never expect,” a medical researcher said.

Hernandez and the other inmate allegedly talked about “god and death”.

April 19th, 2017: Hernandez was found hanging, naked, with John 3:16 written in blood on his forehead. The Bible was opened and the passage marked in blood. There was red writing on the walls, too.

Hernandez had told another inmate that if a convicted man dies with an open appeal in Massachusetts, his record is cleared. (True) “Did he think that would free up his Patriots money for his family?”

His brain was donated to Boston University to study CTE and a private funeral was planned, in which Mike and Maurkice Pouncey attended. Brandon Spikes was also there, who was on the Bills at the time.

Part 6: CTE

CTE can only be diagnosed after death by slicing up a brain.

Aaron Hernandez had CTE. Parts of his brain were shrunken, others enlarged, some areas had micro-bleeds, some had a common Alzheimer’s protein. On a scale of 1-4, Hernandez’s CTE was a 3.

University of Boston researchers think that his severe neurological trauma possibly played a role in his criminal behavior and suicide

Symptoms of CTE include poor judgement, lack of impulse control, paranoia, depression, and suicidal behavior.

Headaches and memory loss are other symptoms. Hernandez complained about both. “You know I have no memory,” he said in a January 2015 phone call from Suffolk County Jail to his fiancee, “You know my memory’s cooked.”

Hernandez still had a violent persona as young as 17 years old, though he did play tackle football since age 8. He also had tons of inner demons. This is by no means saying that the CTE caused everything.

20 men who played in the NFL have killed themselves since 2005. 16 had CTE.

• Advertisement

He's also very good and hasn't really transgressed in Denver.

Fingers crossed anyway. I want him as our QB.

Hasn’t transgressed when he was injured or when buried in the depth chart but as soon as his name starts being spread as a potential starter he does implodes and does this. Best of luck to the guy, I hope he gets the help and support he needs. We’ve seen similar cases repeatedly in the NFL however it is one thing to have a guy who is at constant risk to be in trouble as a WR or DE but a huge gamble to have him as your QB. Not something I'd want in a QB.

Hasn’t transgressed when he was injured or when buried in the depth chart but as soon as his name starts being spread as a potential starter he does implodes and does this. Best of luck to the guy, I hope he gets the help and support he needs. We’ve seen similar cases repeatedly in the NFL however it is one thing to have a guy who is at constant risk to be in trouble as a WR or DE but a huge gamble to have him as your QB. Not something I'd want in a QB.

As I say. Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Only for his surname he wouldn’t have even been given a shot. He’ll still get chance after chance because NFL. :rolleyes:

Paully D wrote: »
    Only for his surname he wouldn’t have even been given a shot. He’ll still get chance after chance because NFL. :rolleyes:

It's not only for his surname. If he wasn't decent he wouldn't have been given a chance. His name obviously helped. But let's not kid ourselves he can hide behind that indefinitely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Blut2

Hazys wrote: »

That thing is ridiculous. Its worth googling it to see it in more detail. How did they not consider how much it would block the fans views?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭boccy23

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Instantly makes our weakest point much stronger, love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Is there a QB to take this coming draft for the Giants?, from what I've seen the 2020 one has a few qb's

• Advertisement

Hococop wrote: »
    Is there a QB to take this coming draft for the Giants?, from what I've seen the 2020 one has a few qb's

I believe Justin Herbert has emerged as the top rated qb but has said he may return for his senior year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭boccy23

Hococop wrote: »

Who knows at this stage. During the 2015 season and before the 2016 draft, there was no real QB prospects.

First two picks of Goff and Wentz.

I would say too early to tell at this stage.

Paully D wrote: »

Kelly was a good college QB - he dropped in the draft because of an ACL and the off-field issues.

Nobody drafts anybody in the NFL because of their name.
    As I say. Fingers crossed.

Unlikely to happen - stories coming out today that this isn't the first time he has got p*ssed out of his brains and done something stupid - its just the first time he got caught.

Kelly had a shot to start once the Broncos were out of the play-offs - but it looks like he has blown his chance. Its a pity - I like Kelly a lot (Jim Kelly is my all-time favourite QB and Chad had the same swagger as his uncle) but there is no wiggle room these days for any antics like this. He likely will be given one more chance - will be kept for the rest of the season to see if he can get his head straight - but be dumped if he steps out of line again.

I believe Justin Herbert has emerged as the top rated qb but has said he may return for his senior year.

Herbert is the only QB that warrants a first round pick - and he will get drafted far higher than he should be. This years QB class is substantially weaker than the last draft. A lot of teams are going to reach for duds - I hope the Broncos aren't one of them.

Kelly was a good college QB - he dropped in the draft because of an ACL and the off-field issues.

Nobody drafts anybody in the NFL because of their name.

Unlikely to happen - stories coming out today that this isn't the first time he has got p*ssed out of his brains and done something stupid - its just the first time he got caught.

Kelly had a shot to start once the Broncos were out of the play-offs - but it looks like he has blown his chance. Its a pity - I like Kelly a lot (Jim Kelly is my all-time favourite QB and Chad had the same swagger as his uncle) but there is no wiggle room these days for any antics like this. He likely will be given one more chance - will be kept for the rest of the season to see if he can get his head straight - but be dumped if he steps out of line again.

And he's gone.

Terrible.

Watch as he goes to NE or something equally horrific like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Herbert is the only QB that warrants a first round pick - and he will get drafted far higher than he should be. This years QB class is substantially weaker than the last draft. A lot of teams are going to reach for duds - I hope the Broncos aren't one of them.

Wide receivers suck this year too

Herbert is not the best QB this year. Finley from NC State is going to be the top one taken. There are a few others I'd have ahead of Herbert too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

eagle eye wrote: »
    Herbert is not the best QB this year. Finley from NC State is going to be the top one taken. There are a few others I'd have ahead of Herbert too.

Interested in hearing your opinion behind this. What's the knock on Herbert, is it the good oline, type of offense and his release?

How highly do you rate Finley in comparison to the 2017 class, or this class in general? I've read a lot of opinions placing Herbert right at the top of that class, but not really any noise on the others.

Wide receivers suck this year too

But anyone who is looking for d line is in luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Anyone know if getshopsjerseys.com is legit?

And he's gone.

Terrible.

Watch as he goes to NE or something equally horrific like that.

He is done - apparently got belligerent and aggressive at Miller's party and had to be dragged out by security, got into a fist-fight and then took off before going into a neighbour's house.

Elway saying “Even though Chad’s no longer part of our team. We’ve offered to help him however we can and are supportive of him in every possible way.” indicates there is more going on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

paulie21 wrote: »

im seeing their ads all over the web today, but havent used them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The fact that they have "official online store of the NFL" on their homepage would worry me a little since they definitely aren't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,440 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Notre Dame V Navy back at the Aviva in 2020

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Yeah, popped up on my FB, I'd be very wary....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭billr67

infacteh wrote: »

Their company address doesn't exist and their FAQ was definitely written by someone using Google translate.

For example: How do I can return the items to your company? If the product's quality is no problem, we can't to accept the return it.

Not sure I'd like to give them my credit card details.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Notre Dame V Navy back at the Aviva in 2020

Great news.

Some more detail on that, looks like its going to be a yearly college football game in Dublin from 2020 on-wards for 5 years at least:

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/other-sports/american-college-football-returns-to-aviva-stadium-from-2020-1.3675487

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

What will be the most interesting to see on Monday night is how the Boogermobile fairs against the Bills Mafia?

What will be the most interesting to see on Monday night is how the Boogermobile fairs against the Bills Mafia?

Does it table?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

A first in the super bowl era with regards to the officials. A down judge by the name of Hugo Cruz has been reportedly fired from his job. This is according to Dean Blandino on a video for Fox where he and Mike Perreira talks mostly about the TNF game. They say it has never happened during a season and he is the official who blew false start in the Browns vs Chargers game but it's apparently not for that one call.

Looks like a major family feud braking out over control of the Denver Broncos

Pat Bowlen's brother is taking legal action to remove Joe Ellis and the trustees running the team.

It looks like there is a major legal battle developing between Beth Bowlen (from the first marriage) and Brittany Bowlen (second marriage) backed by Ellis and Elway.

Then in swoops Manning and sorts it all out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Heard on the Dan LeBatard show yesterday that because of their recent trades, Amari Cooper will get 2 bye weeks this year whereas Damon Harrison will now get none.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Heard on the Dan LeBatard show yesterday that because of their recent trades, Amari Cooper will get 2 bye weeks this year whereas Damon Harrison will now get none.

But aren't they given paychecks for gameday? Would that mean Cooper gets less money, or that Harrison gets more? Or have I it wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Isn't it their salary is just divided by 16 and split that way, don't think it's dependant or based on the games played/available. Cooper not going to get less and Harrison not going to get more.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Isn't it their salary is just divided by 16 and split that way, don't think it's dependant or based on the games played/available. Cooper not going to get less and Harrison not going to get more.

I've no idea how it works but I'd imagine there's something in the CBA for occurrences like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Salaries are split into 17 payments and it does not matter if it’s a game week or bye week. Playoffs game cheques are set by the league and it’s as low as $29,000 for wildcard weekend though many players will have playoff bonuses

If Amari Cooper is getting two bye weeks well that’s good for him. He will get paid in full

• Advertisement
Advertisement