Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm sorry but this is insane. You get yourself a great kicker and then you have a good sports psychologist help him with any issues.
    It's just about being able to focus and keep your mind on doing your job regardless of circumstance. You can fix almost anybody as regards this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

The Ravens employed a part time kicking coach named Randy Brown for several years

His full time job was Mayor of a town in New Jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Oat23 wrote: »
    Bears have 8 kickers at mini-camp. Everyone at camp gathered round today to watch each of them get 1 kick from 43 yards out which is the same distance as the Parkey miss. 6 of the 8 kickers missed.

Good lord.

edit: apparently one of the kickers who missed doinked it. Send him home.

Bears traded for another kicker today, so add another one to that camp count (not the one Bears fans were hoping for).

Can't quite work out if they're just doing a good job at due diligence on as many kickers as possible or making such a huge thing about it since the playoff game that there's going to so much pressure/focus on the guy to be perfect. The cringe worthy kicking from 43 yards makes me feel it will go the way of the latter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Bears traded for another kicker today, so add another one to that camp count (not the one Bears fans were hoping for).

Can't quite work out if they're just doing a good job at due diligence on as many kickers as possible or making such a huge thing about it since the playoff game that there's going to so much pressure/focus on the guy to be perfect. The cringe worthy kicking from 43 yards makes me feel it will go the way of the latter.

I said the same thing on Reddit myself yesterday about all of the focus being on the kicker and him being pressured to be perfect, but I don't think there was any way to avoid that. It was the most heartbreaking loss in Bears history and the magnifying glass was always going to be on the kicking competition after it. If they can't pass a simple test at rookie minicamp then they didn't stand a chance. Any half decent kicker should be able to kick a 43 yarder in perfect weather conditions. They missed because they weren't expecting such a test and the pressure got to them. When they came back the next day 6 of the 8 were able to kick it.

The beat writers weren't allowed to post too much info from the rookie camp, but the best kicker was reportedly a fella named Casey Bednarski and even he didn't get offered a deal. All the tryout guys were let go without a deal and 2 guys already signed were waived.

We've got 3 kickers now. The guy named Blewitt, Elliott Fry and this kid from Oakland who was quite good in college. Hopefully one of them is decent. If not, there's always the option of signing someone like Phil Dawson in August then bring in Robbie in 2020. Ideally though, one of the youngsters will make the job his own and we'll be sorted at the position for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I think it's a good idea to get the position right, but there's something unnerving about this whole circus. Like, if a kicker (or any sports person) has a bad kick of the ball, misses a free, or whatever, a psychologically strong one will be able to remove that miss from their psyche, and be cold blooded and focused on the next one. And if they have a bad day, like Mason Crosby earlier in the year, they'll shrug it off similarly and get on with it. The bad ones are the guys who can't remove the last miss, the last bad day, from their psyche.

To me, it's like that, but the whole organization has gotten spooked by one bad kick, and one bad kicker. Instead of kicking him out and moving on, they've become obsessed with that one kick, reliving it over and over, testing people by their ability to do this one basically arbitrary distance kick that has become a psychological millstone around their neck.

Just remove the miss, and Cody Parkey, from our collective psyche, pick a new kicker and move the fcuk on with it like professionals. Having a competition is a good thing, having a competition where every kicker involved is constantly reminded that they are under pressure because we can't get over the past, is a recipe for turning it into a thing.

But maybe I'm just over-reacting. Probably because I haven't gotten over the missed kick, ironically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Sounds like a bit of "covering their asses" to me. If a kicker misses a crucial kick next season, coaches can say "well as you know, we did a lot of work to make sure we had the right one"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Just trade Mack for Justin Tucker. Sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Oat23 wrote: »
    We've got 3 kickers now. The guy named Blewitt...
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Jason Pierre Paul suffered a fractured neck in a car crash. The guy is actually safer on the field

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »

People have been eagerly awaiting the camps since he signed so they can post stuff like this when he missed (which he did).

200.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Looks like the case against Robert Kraft will likely be dismissed, video evidence suppressed.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/14/case-against-patriots-owner-robert-kraft-weakened-after-video-barred.html

As soon as the prosecution offered a community-service based plea deal, in their "concrete" human sex trafficking and soliciting prostitution case, it was on shaky grounds. Now the State Attorney and the Police Department are more likely to be sued for unlawfully obtained warrants.

Doesn't mean that Kraft will escape punishment from the NFL. In the World of "more likely than not", we all know what he was there for.

Looks like the case against Robert Kraft will likely be dismissed, video evidence suppressed.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/14/case-against-patriots-owner-robert-kraft-weakened-after-video-barred.html

As soon as the prosecution offered a community-service based plea deal, in their "concrete" human sex trafficking and soliciting prostitution case, it was on shaky grounds. Now the State Attorney and the Police Department are more likely to be sued for unlawfully obtained warrants.

Doesn't mean that Kraft will escape punishment from the NFL. In the World of "more likely than not", we all know what he was there for.

It is amazing what an army of high priced lawyers can get you. He'll get away with it in the eyes of the law based on a technicality but it is clear that he actually committed the crime. It will be a complete bottle job from the NFL if he isn't punished by them, especially with how players have been treated based on very questionable 'evidence'.

It is amazing what an army of high priced lawyers can get you. He'll get away with it in the eyes of the law based on a technicality but it is clear that he actually committed the crime. It will be a complete bottle job from the NFL if he isn't punished by them, especially with how players have been treated based on very questionable 'evidence'.

Nothing to do with high priced lawyers; all others in the case also plead not guilty and refused the plea deal. With the facts of the conduct of the police, it looks like a decent lawyer could have made the same case.

I'd imagine the NFL will dish some punishment, but doubt it'll be too severe. It was a consensual rub and tug; not exactly the crime of the century.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

The outcome of the case was always a bit irrelevant to Kraft anyway. The damage was done when the story and he'll be associated with it for the rest of his days. A pity for him as I'd bet my left knut that most billionaires have elicited sex at some point.

Nothing to do with high priced lawyers; all others in the case also plead not guilty and refused the plea deal. With the facts of the conduct of the police, it looks like a decent lawyer could have made the same case.

I'd imagine the NFL will dish some punishment, but doubt it'll be too severe. It was a consensual rub and tug; not exactly the crime of the century.

Decent lawyers don't come cheap, it is one of the main reasons why there is such a huge disparity in sentencing in the US. The rest of the guys charged would have been idiots to not also plead not guilty, knowing that Kraft was bringing his high priced lawyers to dig through every technicality to get as much evidence thrown out as possible, which is exactly what happened.

The technicality they ended up using to block the tape didn't even have anything to do with how the police treated Kraft or the other guys who were caught buying the sex acts. It is a weird technicality where it punishes the police/prosecution/public by helping people who commit crimes go free because the police didn't do enough to protect the privacy of those who weren't committing the crime. Logically there should be another avenue to punish the police than that.

• Advertisement

Decent lawyers don't come cheap
    Given the ruling, and wording by the judge, this wasn't that difficult to pick up on for a decent/ok lawyer. When this initially broke, there was a regular lawyer on one of the Boston sports stations who kinda picked up on this early. It didn't need any high priced lawyer once the facts came out.
    It is a weird technicality where it punishes the police/prosecution/public by helping people who commit crimes go free because the police didn't do enough to protect the privacy of those who weren't committing the crime.
    It's not weird at all. The police broke laws that are there to protect privacy; there's a reason that these technicalities were brought in.

According to the judge: “The fact that some totally innocent women and men had their entire lawful time spent in a massage room fully recorded and viewed intermittently by a detective-monitor is unacceptable and results from the lack of sufficient pre-monitoring guidelines,” Hanser wrote.

As Big Pussy Bonpensiero said, for Kraft, the damage is probably already done. Lawfully this may go away, but his reputation has taken a hit, and I'd imagine the NFL will add to it.

Can anyone remember what Jim Irsay's punishment was? Kraft's will likely be similar I would think.

Given the ruling, and wording by the judge, this wasn't that difficult to pick up on for a decent/ok lawyer. When this initially broke, there was a regular lawyer on one of the Boston sports stations who kinda picked up on this early. It didn't need any high priced lawyer once the facts came out.

You should really read up on the issues in the US around overburdened public defenders and how they generally pressure their clients to accept plea deals, whether guilty or not.

From what you were saying I was sure Kraft hired the local Florida Lionel Hutz to defend him, as it was such a slam dunk easy case, but he brought in William A. Burck, a lawyer in the George W. Bush White House and had a role in the screening of documents related to Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh’s recent Supreme Court nomination, and Jack Goldberger, the Florida lawyer who defended Jeffrey E. Epstein, a wealthy New York financier accused of trafficking underage girls for sex.

Seems like Kraft only takes the cheap option for certain things ;)
    It's not weird at all. The police broke laws that are there to protect privacy; there's a reason that these technicalities were brought in.

According to the judge: “The fact that some totally innocent women and men had their entire lawful time spent in a massage room fully recorded and viewed intermittently by a detective-monitor is unacceptable and results from the lack of sufficient pre-monitoring guidelines,” Hanser wrote.

As Big Pussy Bonpensiero said, for Kraft, the damage is probably already done. Lawfully this may go away, but his reputation has taken a hit, and I'd imagine the NFL will add to it.

The police broke the law when it came to innocent people, but there is no complaint about them filming Kraft and co doing their criminal acts. Fine if they want to separately charge or sue the police officers on behalf of the innocent people, but it has nothing to do with the criminals, so why should theirs be thrown out?

People see this case as no big deal but it seems insane that a murderer or pedophile could get off because the police didn't turn off their cameras enough to protect the privacy of people who have nothing to do with the crime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Can anyone remember what Jim Irsay's punishment was? Kraft's will likely be similar I would think.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/9/2/5866029/jim-irsay-colts-owner-suspension

KrustyUCC wrote: »

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/9/2/5866029/jim-irsay-colts-owner-suspension
    There you go - stay home for a handful of games you were not coaching or playing in, and pay a fine of about 00.02% of your net worth.

Not sure if they'd place something else in since kraft doesn't use twitter as best I know, but owners don't really look to punish their own,in case it's their turn in the barrel down the line.

• Advertisement

You should really read up on the issues in the US around overburdened public defenders and how they generally pressure their clients to accept plea deals, whether guilty or not.
    Why? Yes, there are over burdened lawyers. I don't know the people involved in this, but there was more than two dozen; I'd imagine at least one had a decent enough lawyer that saw this gaping hole. These were people who were able to pay for a service that a billionaire was availing of; they weren't on the poverty line. As I said, a basic lawyer in Boston pointed out the potential flaw in the prosecution; this wasn't Cochran and OJ.
    From what you were saying I was sure Kraft hired the local Florida Lionel Hutz to defend him
    If it was a speeding ticket, Kraft would have the best lawyer possible. It doesn't matter.
    The police broke the law when it came to innocent people, but there is no complaint about them filming Kraft and co doing their criminal acts. Fine if they want to separately charge or sue the police officers on behalf of the innocent people, but it has nothing to do with the criminals, so why should theirs be thrown out?
    That's the reason these technicalities are there; to ensure that the police are actually following the law. Would anyone think it's ok that that police stick a camera into their living room, just in case you ever break the law? That's why the police/prosecution are held to a higher standard than criminals.

I don't like it that Kraft and co are avoiding prosecution based on the technicality. Personally, I think he did pay for the extra service. But I'd have more outrage at the police, cause this could have been a murder/pedophile that could have gotten off because of their own illegal actions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The outcome of the case was always a bit irrelevant to Kraft anyway. The damage was done when the story and he'll be associated with it for the rest of his days. A pity for him as I'd bet my left knut that most billionaires have elicited sex at some point.

That's it. He was never going to serve any time and fine would be meaningless but he'll never get his reputation back. I just hope TMZ or someone doesn't end up with the tape.

That's the reason these technicalities are there; to ensure that the police are actually following the law. Would anyone think it's ok that that police stick a camera into their living room, just in case you ever break the law? That's why the police/prosecution are held to a higher standard than criminals.

How do you justify the criminal going free being correct punishment for the police, when the technicality has nothing to do with the criminals? I understand throwing out evidence if they illegal taped Kraft but that isn't what happened. You can hold the police to a higher standard through plenty of other avenues, that doesn't involve freeing criminals to teach them a lesson.

In your example, it is like the police having a valid warrant for a camera in that living room based on evidence that a person is committing a crime, catching that person committing murder on tape and then not being allowed to use it because they didn't turn it when that person wasn't in the room. It has nothing to do with the murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

That's it. He was never going to serve any time and fine would be meaningless but he'll never get his reputation back. I just hope TMZ or someone doesn't end up with the tape.

Hear hear. I'm glad the tape never came out and hope it dies down now. He didn't murder anyone. No need to add to his embarrassment, and if he got off he got off. That's the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Hear hear. I'm glad the tape never came out and hope it dies down now. He didn't murder anyone. No need to add to his embarrassment, and if he got off he got off. That's the system.

...not sure why i used "hear hear" that was a bit weird....

How do you justify the criminal going free being correct punishment for the police
    It's not solely punishment for the police; society is punished due to the actions of the police. Someone got off because the police didn't do their job correctly.
    You can hold the police to a higher standard through plenty of other avenues, that doesn't involve freeing criminals to teach them a lesson.
    Actually, you do have to teach them a lesson, otherwise they are a law unto themselves. A monitory fine, or a slap on the wrist, isn't going to deter the police from wrongfully obtaining evidence; as this case proves.
    In your example, it is like the police having a valid warrant for a camera in that living room based on evidence that a person is committing a crime, catching that person committing murder on tape and then not being allowed to use it because they didn't turn it when that person wasn't in the room. It has nothing to do with the murder.
    If they rightfully obtained a valid warrant, it's fine. That wasn't done, it was seriously flawed warrant. That's the system, which the police are expected to follow. This was meant to be a human sex trafficking case, which the prosecution later admitted they had no evidence for; their actions have been quite shady in all of this.

It's not solely punishment for the police; society is punished due to the actions of the police. Someone got off because the police didn't do their job correctly.

Actually, you do have to teach them a lesson, otherwise they are a law unto themselves. A monitory fine, or a slap on the wrist, isn't going to deter the police from wrongfully obtaining evidence; as this case proves.

To me that line of thinking is simply insane. You're calling for punishing society by releasing a criminal in order to teach a lesson to a police officer, when their infraction had nothing to do with that criminal in question. It makes as much sense as releasing a criminal because the arresting police officer was caught speeding while off duty.

I also have no idea how you can claim that this infraction by police proves that the ongoing punishment of teaching them a lesson by releasing criminals is working. If anything it shows that the process isn't working and they need to look at other ways to punish them.

Not sure if you’re twisting yourself in knots to defend something Patriots related again or actually believe what you're posting, but we’re clearly not agreeing here so I’ll leave it at that.

To me that line of thinking is simply insane. You're calling for punishing society by releasing a criminal in order to teach a lesson to a police officer, when their infraction had nothing to do with that criminal in question. It makes as much sense as releasing a criminal because the arresting police officer was caught speeding while off duty.
    What are you smoking? I'm not calling for anything, just telling you the way it is. If you have an issue with the American judicial system get onto them; go tell the judge he was wrong cause you think you are right :rolleyes:
    I also have no idea how you can claim that this infraction by police proves that the ongoing punishment of teaching them a lesson by releasing criminals is working. If anything it shows that the process isn't working and they need to look at other ways to punish them.
    Again, what the hell are you on about? This is the American judicial system. They have rules to be followed, if you don't, cases can be dismissed. That's the way it works. I don't like that criminals get off that way, but what the hell do you expect me to do about it.
    Not sure if you’re twisting yourself in knots to defend something Patriots related again or actually believe what you're posting, but we’re clearly not agreeing here so I’ll leave it at that.
    Ah, I see. Always the Pats with you. You need to get some help with that. You've twisted yourself into knots with your on going infatuation. I say "I don't like it that Kraft and co are avoiding prosecution based on the technicality", but I'm defending him :confused:
    I said I think he's guilty, and I don't like the way he's gotten off from this; but you'll probably read that as a defense :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I see we’re all well-read solicitors again, lads.

No, Robert. That’s called soliciting and they’re not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

From reading the details, it does seem like the police over-reached on this one.

They went after high profile targets with charges that were unfounded(trafficking) and have then settled for something lower profile instead (solicitation).
    They went in with an approach that was too vague and loose to hold up under scrutiny in court, and with Kraft's lawyers picking that apart they'll also likely lose their ability to prosecute at least some of the other men who have also been charged as a result of the same investigation.

The police have to be held to a standard that has them gather evidence in a legal and fair manner, they can't invade a person's right to privacy without explicit and tightly controlled permission.
    It's a shame that a poorly planned operation will mean that a bunch of people are likely to get away scot free, but I think that's entirely the police's own fault. Whoever ran that operation should be demoted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

The Police basically tried to blackmail Kraft into taking a guilty plea by threatening him with the release of the tape. Police were very sketchy in how they operated in nearly every aspect of the investigation. It would have been one thing if Kraft's lawyers found one technicality loop hole to get him off (excuse the pun), its another thing when they found multiple issues and violations of the law with the investigation.

Hell one can even go as far and argue that since Kraft was able to hire fancy lawyers to defend him, it shone a light on bad if not, immoral police investigations that try to push prosecutions on far from concrete evidence, that would have never come to light because the accused with lesser resources would be forced into taking a guilty plea whether they committed a crime or not. All hail Robert Kraft Justice Warrior!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Just watched building the browns on YouTube it's a great insight into behind the scenes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

markc91 wrote: »
    Just watched building the browns on YouTube it's a great insight into behind the scenes

Linky linky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Hazys wrote: »
    The Police basically tried to blackmail Kraft into taking a guilty plea by threatening him with the release of the tape. Police were very sketchy in how they operated in nearly every aspect of the investigation. It would have been one thing if Kraft's lawyers found one technicality loop hole to get him off (excuse the pun), its another thing when they found multiple issues and violations of the law with the investigation.

Hell one can even go as far and argue that since Kraft was able to hire fancy lawyers to defend him, it shone a light on bad if not, immoral police investigations that try to push prosecutions on far from concrete evidence, that would have never come to light because the accused with lesser resources would be forced into taking a guilty plea whether they committed a crime or not. All hail Robert Kraft Justice Warrior!!

This is pretty much how most US law enforcement works, they are rarely the 'best and the brightest'.

Huge stretch to call it a bad or immoral investigation though and I'm also not sure how you call the evidence far from concrete, they have a video of him committing the crime (and enjoying it). Police just didn't turn off the camera when it was clear that visitors weren't paying for the Robert Kraft special.

Hazys wrote: »
    It would have been one thing if Kraft's lawyers found one technicality loop hole to get him off (excuse the pun), its another thing when they found multiple issues and violations of the law with the investigation.
    Hey, Yahoo News had the heading "3 key questions for NFL after judge tosses video". Puns all around for this one.

The police/prosecution must have danced a jig when they saw Kraft on the video; a major chance for publicity. But with no evidence of trafficking at all (later admitted by a state prosecutor), was this just a anti-prostitution agenda all along for someone? Something definitely stinks in the way they managed this.

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    "The suspension will represent the first games missed during Peterson's nine-year career." Has done pretty well to avoid significant injuries.

Anyone know if Ndamukong Suh is going to sign with anyone? Doubt he'll accept the vet minimum, so not sure who out there will pay him.

I'm a bit confused as to why he only has min type deals (most likely). He is getting up in years a bit but is stilll a quality player.

• Advertisement

I'm a bit confused as to why he only has min type deals (most likely). He is getting up in years a bit but is stilll a quality player.

His effort during the regular season last year looked questionable, but he played well in the play-offs.

I'm guessing teams will get interested in him more during camp, when they get a chance to assess their own players or someone picks up an injury. This time of the year is rarely when players get decent money, they're much better off waiting it out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I heard on a podcast that Suh has not been considering low offers, which is why he is still on the market. Below is the amount of cash he has taken home by year since entering the league:

2010 $3.1mm
    2011 $25.8mm
    2012 $10.4mm
    2013 $12.3mm
    2014 $12.7mm
    2015 $26.5mm
    2016 $13.5mm
    2017 $20mm
    2018 $14.5mm

So when you have coined over $135mm over the last 9 years, it is easy to understand why you wouldn't want to put your body through another year of punishment.

He won't be getting anything approaching vet minimum would be my guess.

D9Male wrote: »
    I heard on a podcast that Suh has not been considering low offers, which is why he is still on the market. Below is the amount of cash he has taken home by year since entering the league:

2010 $3.1mm
    2011 $25.8mm
    2012 $10.4mm
    2013 $12.3mm
    2014 $12.7mm
    2015 $26.5mm
    2016 $13.5mm
    2017 $20mm
    2018 $14.5mm

So when you have coined over $135mm over the last 9 years, it is easy to understand why you wouldn't want to put your body through another year of punishment.

If he was to take a lower deal he might as well hold out until mid season and see how things are stacking up and join one of the favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You see it's quite clear that Suh doesn't give a damn about winning things, all that matters is the green.

eagle eye wrote: »
    You see it's quite clear that Suh doesn't give a damn about winning things, all that matters is the green.

Oh in the past I agree fully, but if it gets to a point this year where he's only getting low offers then he might change his mind. He'll obviously choose money over winning if that is put in front of him, but I feel it is getting to the point where the gamble on him isn't worth it for teams that wont be in contention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

If he was to take a lower deal he might as well hold out until mid season and see how things are stacking up and join one of the favourites.

Take the summer off, wait till someone gets injured in week 3 and gets desperate.

• Advertisement

D9Male wrote: »
    Not sure he'll get the money he wants either. An absolute beast of a player, but the Fins def over paid him. I'm not sure his production has merited his pay (just in terms of his game winning contribution), but he was really good in the playoffs last year, so he still has something to offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The 2019 season schedule for the pre and regular season are up on game pass. It won’t be long now.

Off-season is flying. Granted, football was dead to me for the 3 months following the Parkey miss which shortened it.

It's almost June already! So much to look forward to. The bears kicking competition. Haskins in Washington. Counting how many days it takes for Burfict & AB to get in a fight. Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I can't wait for the first "Team X are looking great" or "Player Y is really dominating" post on here after a few days of practice with no pads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

These days it's wake me up when they're at 53.

• Advertisement
Advertisement