Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I wouldn’t write off Gordon just yet, for all the talk of NE being the perfect place for players to be rehabbed, their offense is very specific and plenty of talented WR’s have gone there and failed to impress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Joe Flacco has been sent to IR - likely played his last snap in Denver.

we can now add Brandon Allen to the long list of starting QBs in Denver since Manning - and in a couple of weeks Drew Lock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Joe Flacco has been sent to IR - likely played his last snap in Denver.

we can now add Brandon Allen to the long list of starting QBs in Denver since Manning - and in a couple of weeks Drew Lock.

Long time since Elway....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I'd say a lot of players don't live up to the patriots work ethic. I'd say their review days of games and breakdown of next opponents are grueling

It'll have been a particularly grueling week for them.

tom_e_curran_on_containing_lamar_jackson.jpg?itok=StekPmNE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

great move for the Seahawks , think they will probably fancy themselves to win the division now. He's a brilliant player, great hands.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

great move for the Seahawks , think they will probably fancy themselves to win the division now. He's a brilliant player, great hands.

I think they can probably shelve any thoughts of winning the division if they don't first win next Monday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I think they can probably shelve any thoughts of winning the division if they don't first win next Monday night.

well obviously it would help if they beat the 49ers next monday, both have some tricky fixtures coming up as well so a win in that game could be key for momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

well obviously it would help if they beat the 49ers next monday, both have some tricky fixtures coming up as well so a win in that game could be key for momentum.

Yeah, both teams have a tough run in. 49ers have outperformed the Seahawks when they've played the same competition so far this season but I never have any confidence facing Wilson, he is such a magician and the team didn't look great against Murray last week.

49ers are likely to have Staley, McGlinchey, Juszczyk, and Witherspoon returning for the game on Monday but lost Alexander for the season.

Should be a great Monday night game.

• Advertisement

9ers have an awful run in, but Seahawks will go 3 games back in the division if they lose on Monday. Would be a pretty tough ask to expect to overcome that. If 9ers have serious aspirations of winning the division though a victory on Monday is a must.

9ers have an awful run in, but Seahawks will go 3 games back in the division if they lose on Monday. Would be a pretty tough ask to expect to overcome that. If 9ers have serious aspirations of winning the division though a victory on Monday is a must.

A loss would definitely put huge pressure on the Seahawks but where are you getting that it is a must win for the 49ers to have aspirations?

Below are the schedules for both teams.

49ers - Seahawks, Cardinals, Packers, @Ravens, @Saints, Falcons, Rams, @Seahawks.

Seahawks - @49ers, @Eagles, Vikings, @Rams, @Panthers, Cardinals, 49ers.

Both sides have plenty of games there where they can slip up, however even with a loss the 49ers will have a 1 game lead and have so far looked like a much more convincing team.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    A loss would definitely put huge pressure on the Seahawks but where are you getting that it is a must win for the 49ers to have aspirations?

Below are the schedules for both teams.

49ers - Seahawks, Cardinals, Packers, @Ravens, @Saints, Falcons, Rams, @Seahawks.

Seahawks - @49ers, @Eagles, Vikings, @Rams, @Panthers, Cardinals, 49ers.

Both sides have plenty of games there where they can slip up, however even with a loss the 49ers will have a 1 game lead and have so far looked like a much more convincing team.

Was thinking more that if 9ers lose this one, it would not be unreasonable to expect to lose also in Seattle and then we'd be on even records with Seahawks having the tiebreak.

I expect 9ers to win on Monday and win the division though.

Was thinking more that if 9ers lose this one, it would not be unreasonable to expect to lose also in Seattle and then we'd be on even records with Seahawks having the tiebreak.

I expect 9ers to win on Monday and win the division though.

I don't think that is a totally unreasonable assumption but I feel on paper and from performance so far this season 49ers are a better team, so even a loss on Monday doesn't mean they can't go to Seattle and win, especially if their back is against the wall.

So far at home this season the Seahawks have lost to the Saints and the Ravens, beaten the Rams and Bengals each by only a single point, and needed OT to beat the Buccs. They are hardly invincible there anymore and 49ers have the coaching to make adjustments.

I don't think that is a totally unreasonable assumption but I feel on paper and from performance so far this season 49ers are a better team, so even a loss on Monday doesn't mean they can't go to Seattle and win, especially if their back is against the wall.

So far at home this season the Seahawks have lost to the Saints and the Ravens, beaten the Rams and Bengals each by only a single point, and needed OT to beat the Buccs. They are hardly invincible there anymore and 49ers have the coaching to make adjustments.

It'll be easier to judge both teams in 4 weeks when they've both played the Saints/Ravens and each other.

For me the 49ers defence has definitely been incredibly good but against inferior opposition and a very soft schedule thus far with their stand out wins against a Steelers and Panthers teams playing with back up Qbs and a Rams team that have been a bit off.

While the Seahawks havent been impervious at home you can hardly say they too much about losing to the Saints and Ravens. Again the Seahawks schedule without those two games has been pretty soft. In fact both teams have won all the games they should have won.

We'll have a better idea in a month, how good both teams actually are.

It'll be easier to judge both teams in 4 weeks when they've both played the Saints/Ravens and each other.

For me the 49ers defence has definitely been incredibly good but against inferior opposition and a very soft schedule thus far with their stand out wins against a Steelers and Panthers teams playing with back up Qbs and a Rams team that have been a bit off.

While the Seahawks havent been impervious at home you can hardly say they too much about losing to the Saints and Ravens. Again the Seahawks schedule without those two games has been pretty soft. In fact both teams have won all the games they should have won.

We'll have a better idea in a month, how good both teams actually are.

We will definitely know much more in a few weeks.

Being division rivals they have a number of overlapping opponents and the tweet below, that I shared a few weeks ago in the 49ers thread, shows how much more convincing the 49ers have been.

https://twitter.com/Wittnessed/status/1183624251183489024?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1183624251183489024&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fvbulletin%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D2056711799%26page%3D31

Since then the Seahawks went to OT with the Buccs who the 49ers beat by 14 and the 49ers beat the Cardinals by 3 who the Seahawks beat by 17.

A win is a win but the manner of most of them so far is very different. Hard to tell yet if the 49ers are just big bullies against the weaker teams or if this superiority will translate against the tougher competition to come. Monday will give us more direction.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Interestingly the 49ers have beaten 3 teams with offenses ranked in the top 10 in points per game. Pretty much shut them all down. 49ers pass defense has been outstanding against teams that have put up serious points against other teams.

By the way those back up QB's you mention have gone a combined 8-4.

The Rams also have been pretty good, beating the Saints (holding them to 9 points) and losing to Seattle very narrowly (missing a last minute FG).

This idea that the 49ers are 8-0 because of a soft schedule just doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Interestingly the 49ers have beaten 3 teams with offenses ranked in the top 10 in points per game. Pretty much shut them all down. 49ers pass defense has been outstanding against teams that have put up serious points against other teams.

By the way those back up QB's you mention have gone a combined 8-4.

The Rams also have been pretty good, beating the Saints (holding them to 9 points) and losing to Seattle very narrowly (missing a last minute FG).

This idea that the 49ers are 8-0 because of a soft schedule just doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

I think it pretty evident that the 49ers have played a very soft schedule to date and it's a contributing factor to them being 8-0, not the only reason obviously as the 49ers have also played really well.

But personally I think that it does stand up to some scrutiny, the 49ers have played 8 teams who are a combined 22-43. They've played two teams with a winning record both of whom are 5-3.

5 of the teams they've played are in the bottom 8 teams in the league this year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well plenty of teams have played a "soft" schedule over the years and very few get to 8-0. I have been hearing it all season how the next team was when SF were going to lose because they hadn't played a good team yet.

First it was Tampa, then it was Cleveland, then it was the Rams, then it was Carolina, now its Seattle. At what point do people start looking at SF as one of the best teams in the league (which they are).

https://twitter.com/FB_FilmAnalysis/status/1188591754309619712

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well plenty of teams have played a "soft" schedule over the years and very few get to 8-0. I have been hearing it all season how the next team was when SF were going to lose because they hadn't played a good team yet.

First it was Tampa, then it was Cleveland, then it was the Rams, then it was Carolina, now its Seattle. At what point do people start looking at SF as one of the best teams in the league (which they are).

I hate the soft schedule argument. It's why some don't rank the 1972 dolphins over the 1985 bears because the dolphins schedule in 72 wasn't that hard but the point was hard or soft the dolphins won all their games.

On the point about the 49ers they have beaten all the teams on their schedule up to week 10. I mean already teams who on paper should have won games have lost to worse teams. The 49er should be on top of the power rankings because they are undefeated so far. I've picked the 49ers to win on Monday night because as good as the seahawks have been I just think the 49ers are better and the 49ers defence is all time good if you go by the stats compared to other great defences.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I hate the soft schedule argument. It's why some don't rank the 1972 dolphins over the 1985 bears because the dolphins schedule in 72 wasn't that hard but the point was hard or soft the dolphins won all their games.

On the point about the 49ers they have beaten all the teams on their schedule up to week 10. I mean already teams who on paper should have won games have lost to worse teams. The 49er should be on top of the power rankings because they are undefeated so far. I've picked the 49ers to win on Monday night because as good as the seahawks have been I just think the 49ers are better and the 49ers defence is all time good if you go by the stats compared to other great defences.

Yeah, the defense has been good, particularly against the pass but has been suspect against the run. I'd be concerned that Seattle run a lot and also Wilson is capable of making some huge plays so it's a game that could go either way. I think SF can win at home but I wouldn't have them as 6 point favourites.

I think if SF win this game they should really take the division.

• Advertisement

The 49ers are one of the best teams in the league, as are the seahawks. Just talking about comparing both and in a month they'll have played each other and the 49ers will have played Baltimore and the saints, both genuine Superbowl contenders.

The 49ers are one of the best teams in the league, as are the seahawks. Just talking about comparing both and in a month they'll have played each other and the 49ers will have played Baltimore and the saints, both genuine Superbowl contenders.

You seem to have 2 separate points. The one in the post above, which I'd say nearly everyone agrees with, and then the other where in Week 10 you're still going on about a 'very soft schedule' standing up to scrutiny.

If you follow the latter point through for every team you would end up questioning whether there is a single good team in the league.
    • Patriots so far have had the easiest schedule out of likely contenders and just lost to 'a 5-2 team' at the time.
    • Ravens lost to one of the bottom 8 teams in the league that you claimed were one of the 49ers easy games.
    • Saints lost to one of the 5-3 teams that you questioned the 9ers on (a 31 point swing).
    • Seahawks lost to both Saints and Ravens and have performed much worse when their opponents overlap with the 49ers.
    • Texans lost to the other 5-3 team you questioned the 9ers about (a 19 point swing).
    • Chief lost to that Texans team.
    • Packers were just heavily defeated by a 4-6 team.

Before people start coming at me, I understand that there are explanations for every one of the above and I judge teams on their overall performances rather than looking at their opponents record.

At this point I'm not sure what win would stop that nonsense but at some stage, possibly this Monday, the 49ers will lose and everyone who similarly questioned them before facing 'a real team' like prior to the Browns, Rams, Panthers, and now Seahawks will claim to have been right all along. Stopped clocks and all that. As a fan I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts :)

You seem to have 2 separate points. The one in the post above, which I'd say nearly everyone agrees with, and then the other where in Week 10 you're still going on about a 'very soft schedule' standing up to scrutiny.

If you follow the latter point through for every team you would end up questioning whether there is a single good team in the league.
    • Patriots so far have had the easiest schedule out of likely contenders and just lost to 'a 5-2 team' at the time.
    • Ravens lost to one of the bottom 8 teams in the league that you claimed were one of the 49ers easy games.
    • Saints lost to one of the 5-3 teams that you questioned the 9ers on (a 31 point swing).
    • Seahawks lost to both Saints and Ravens and have performed much worse when their opponents overlap with the 49ers.
    • Texans lost to the other 5-3 team you questioned the 9ers about (a 19 point swing).
    • Chief lost to that Texans team.
    • Packers were just heavily defeated by a 4-6 team.

Before people start coming at me, I understand that there are explanations for every one of the above and I judge teams on their overall performances rather than looking at their opponents record.

At this point I'm not sure what win would stop that nonsense but at some stage, possibly this Monday, the 49ers will lose and everyone who similarly questioned them before facing 'a real team' like prior to the Browns, Rams, Panthers, and now Seahawks will claim to have been right all along. Stopped clocks and all that. As a fan I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts :)

I think we all look at things differently, obviously you and Adrian are fans of the 49ers and completely justified in your excitemwnt on what has been a terrific and i think somewhat unexpected season.

I think we all look at things differently, obviously you and Adrian are fans of the 49ers and completely justified in your excitemwnt on what has been a terrific and i think somewhat unexpected season.

The improvement was expected by most but no one spoke about being unbeaten at this point.

I'd like to think that I am consistent enough that this isn't just a 49ers thing, if the Patriots had beaten the Ravens last weekend I wouldn't be suddenly dismissing them as just a '5-3 team'.

I fundamentally disagree with that revisionist approach that has happened all season if that is what you mean by looking at things differently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well I'm not a 49ers fan and imo looking at the records of who they've played is ridiculous. It's very clear that they have a top class D and an excellent running game. They've now given Jimmy G a decent receiver and they've got probably the best all around tight end in football too. Kittle is a great receiver as well as pass and run blocker. Jimmy G is starting to look better too as the games go by and he gets used to life after his devastating injury. They are for real and regardless of who they face for the rest of the season you won't see the bookies giving a td lead to them against anybody.

I fundamentally disagree with that revisionist approach that has happened all season if that is what you mean by looking at things differently.

I would definitely be lieing if I said I thought the 49ers would be 8-0 at this point in the season but I did think they'd be 6-2/ 5-3 or there abouts(steelers and rams being my picks probably), because they had a pretty soft schedule. I dont think that's revisionist in anyway.

I think the division and season will tell its own tale. But I'll put my own opinion on record I don't think the 49ers will be good enough to win the NFC , just my opinion mind you and I think they'll finish with 4 losses by week 17.

The league is all sorts of crazy right now though just like the Titans beating the Chiefs yesterday and the Falcons beating the Saints. Although quite often division rivals are built to play each other and the 2-7 Falcons are far more talented than their record indicates, they just managed to put it all together yesterday for the first time all year.

In no way am I saying the 49ers are a bad team and I really wish we could have a discussion without it needing to be everyone jumping up on down on one side or the other. Also I would absolutely love to see the 49ers win it all not that it should make a difference (no chance for the Redskins) and would love to see something different 49ers, Bills, Chiefs , Vikings.

I would definitely be lieing if I said I thought the 49ers would be 8-0 at this point in the season but I did think they'd be 6-2/ 5-3 or there abouts(steelers and rams being my picks probably), because they had a pretty soft schedule. I dont think that's revisionist in anyway.

I think the division and season will tell its own tale. But I'll put my own opinion on record I don't think the 49ers will be good enough to win the NFC , just my opinion mind you and I think they'll finish with 4 losses by week 17.

The league is all sorts of crazy right now though just like the Titans beating the Chiefs yesterday and the Falcons beating the Saints. Although quite often division rivals are built to play each other and the 2-7 Falcons are far more talented than their record indicates, they just managed to put it all together yesterday for the first time all year.

In no way am I saying the 49ers are a bad team and I really wish we could have a discussion without it needing to be everyone jumping up on down on one side or the other. Also I would absolutely love to see the 49ers win it all not that it should make a difference (no chance for the Redskins) and would love to see something different 49ers, Bills, Chiefs , Vikings.

What I’m calling revisionist are the people who were building the Browns, Rams, and Panthers up as tests for the 49ers and because they beat them convincingly they now downplay them to fit their narrative, such as labeling them as ‘5-3’ teams. Admittedly, the Browns have fallen away but at the time they were just coming off putting up 40 points on the road in beating the Ravens.

The league is crazy every year though, which is why going 8-0 shouldn’t be belittled as being largely due to a ‘very soft’ schedule. There are very small margins between most teams and it only takes one team not being quite up for it, one poor decision, or the ball bouncing the wrong direction to lose a game. Ravens, Chiefs, Saints, Bills, Colts, Packers, Cowboys have all had loses this year to poor or losing record teams and the Seahawks had several close calls. From some commentary regarding the 49ers schedule you’d nearly be forgiven for thinking it is worse to beat the teams you are supposed to than it is to lose to one.

I don’t see saying that 49ers going 12-4 for the season is really going out on a limb. To me saying they’ll go 0.500 in their remaining games doesn’t support the opinion you’re pushing that they’ve had things so easy and that’s changing drastically now.

I don’t see saying that 49ers going 12-4 for the season is really going out on a limb. To me saying they’ll go 0.500 in their remaining games doesn’t support the opinion you’re pushing that they’ve had things so easy and that’s changing drastically now.

We 'll have to agree to disagree on this.

I think saying they'll go .500 the rest of the way is saying their schedule gets tougher, definitely supports the theory that in my opinion they have had a soft schedule and mind you that's just in my opinion.

I'm actually really looking forward to tonight. Should be a good game.

We 'll have to agree to disagree on this.

I think saying they'll go .500 the rest of the way is saying their schedule gets tougher, definitely supports the theory that in my opinion they have had a soft schedule and mind you that's just in my opinion.

I'm actually really looking forward to tonight. Should be a good game.

At this stage I just want it to be kick-off. Despite how frustrating it is to go against Wilson at least twice a year it was a great rivalry during the peak Harbaugh years.

Lots of different ways this game can go given the strengths and weaknesses but my biggest hope is that the commentary isn't too bad. It has turned me off watching MNF when it isn't a good game.

At this stage I just want it to be kick-off. Despite how frustrating it is to go against Wilson at least twice a year it was a great rivalry during the peak Harbaugh years.

Lots of different ways this game can go given the strengths and weaknesses but my biggest hope is that the commentary isn't too bad. It has turned me off watching MNF when it isn't a good game.

There is some added spice with Sherman moving to the 49ers as well.

MNF in general isnt a great one timing wise, it's difficult to watch it here. I hate watching repeats for some reason and watching it live just is too hard with the time difference. I might do tonight though as I have a quiet day tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

Where can I watch the 49ers game tonight. I have a 300 euro accumulator riding on them (-6.5)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

pearcider wrote: »
    Where can I watch the 49ers game tonight. I have a 300 euro accumulator riding on them (-6.5)

Sky sports or gamepass.

pearcider wrote: »

Sickened for ya mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

Sickened for ya mate.

There’s always one and it’s usually the one you’re most confident of...I actually fell asleep half way through it and dreamt I lost the bet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

FYI, this year's playoff machine is now live.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

So the Colin Kaepernick workout seems to be going swimmingly with no drama.......

As expected I guess...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭Christy42

Tua injured. Soany tanks going on and it is all wasted (I get there are other QBs and he may or may not be deserving of the number 1 pick but you know teams were waiting to follow the hype)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Guffy

So the Colin Kaepernick workout seems to be going swimmingly with no drama.......

It was an nfl pr stunt nothing more imo. If a team was interested they'd bring him in. It was to be glorified pro day to show and nfl qb can throw a ball. Nonsense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Blut2

Guffy wrote: »
    It was an nfl pr stunt nothing more imo. If a team was interested they'd bring him in. It was to be glorified pro day to show and nfl qb can throw a ball. Nonsense

Nonsense or not he didn't do himself any favours by throwing a tantrum. I don't think his talent has ever been really in doubt, its his locker-room influence thats the big question mark/problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Remind me next season to just stick to the games around weeks 10 and 11 next season and avoid all pre-game shows and podcasts as this 'salute to service' stuff is driving me mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

It was a PR stunt by the NFL, and by Kap. He’s just ensured that he’s out of the league permanently, and I’m now glad he is.
    He took the money from the NFL (and not the 10’s of millions his team tried to spin). He wants to work in the NFL, but not by theirs rules (which is fine, but just p!ss off if you don’t and do some real activism).
    The NFL is the 32 owners (as much as we may wish it wasn’t). It’s their league. Their rules. It sucks, but either abide or move on, like others have to do in their jobs.

It was a PR stunt by the NFL, and by Kap. He’s just ensured that he’s out of the league permanently, and I’m now glad he is.
    He took the money from the NFL (and not the 10’s of millions his team tried to spin). He wants to work in the NFL, but not by theirs rules (which is fine, but just p!ss off if you don’t and do some real activism).
    The NFL is the 32 owners (as much as we may wish it wasn’t). It’s their league. Their rules. It sucks, but either abide or move on, like others have to do in their jobs.

What rules? There are no rules or precedent for how in-season workouts will go.

Strange but not surprising how many of the same fans that complain when the NFL enforce actual 'rules' in other situations that has impact on their team but now tell Kaep to blindly accept them here.

He has been doing "real activism" for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Podge_irl wrote:
    Was he or was it a stunt to raise his profile? I'm not so sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

He has apparently donated millions to organisations that work on the issues that he was protesting over. I don’t think it was about profile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

At this stage, I believe he's doing it for himself. Maybe he believed in the cause at one stage, but it's about him now. And that's fine. But I'm not buying his bs any longer. If he didn't want to work out for the NFL, fine. But the stage show, done deliberately at the last moment..... that was him doing a runner from his potential employer. That's not someone serious about getting back into the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

At this stage, I believe he's doing it for himself. Maybe he believed in the cause at one stage, but it's about him now. And that's fine. But I'm not buying his bs any longer. If he didn't want to work out for the NFL, fine. But the stage show, done deliberately at the last moment..... that was him doing a runner from his potential employer. That's not someone serious about getting back into the league.

He shouldn’t have agreed to the workout if he was going to do that. It was a real two fingers to the NFL, even if many people are querying their motives what he did was wrong.

It would be a brave (or stupid) franchise that would bring his circus to town at this stage. He may feel he is being unfairly shut out but by god he has not helped himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Remind me next season to just stick to the games around weeks 10 and 11 next season and avoid all pre-game shows and podcasts as this 'salute to service' stuff is driving me mad.

A load of propaganda bs. Even hate the sight of the camo towels/hoodies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

A load of propaganda bs. Even hate the sight of the camo towels/hoodies.

All about normalising the military in people's minds.
    It's grim.

• Advertisement
Advertisement