Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspicious Charge against Credit Card

Options
  • 20-07-2018 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks, 

I had some suspicious activity on the CC earlier this month relating to small iTunes amounts which I didn't make which were being charged to the card over a number of weeks. The card was cancelled by yourselves and I received a refund but I can see another charge on the 17th of this month for iTunes again. I haven't used the new card I received at all so I'm puzzled as to where these charges are coming from. Can someone help me with this? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

statto25 wrote: »
    Hi Folks, 

I had some suspicious activity on the CC earlier this month relating to small iTunes amounts which I didn't make which were being charged to the card over a number of weeks. The card was cancelled by yourselves and I received a refund but I can see another charge on the 17th of this month for iTunes again. I haven't used the new card I received at all so I'm puzzled as to where these charges are coming from. Can someone help me with this? 
    Hi statto,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 
    In this case I'd ask you to call our card security section as soon as you can on 01 4885466 and the advisers there will be more than happy to investigate this transaction. 

Thanks again, 
    Darren. 

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭djh2009

statto25 wrote: »
    Hi Folks, 

Hi statto25,

I have just had the same suspicious activity with an iTunes amount charged to my card. I've been on to security and they are issuing a new card. May be a regular scam ?

Advertisement