Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card blocked while on holiday, urgent help needed

Options
  • 20-07-2018 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi BOI,

Need serious help here. Got an email this morning about potential fraud on my credit care account. I am in the US on holiday and have spent my last 20 dollars on a refill for my phone to call the customer helpline which ran out before we could finish the call. I have no access to money without that card and I am absolutely terrified. There must be somethinng you can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Robmeister2011

My debit card has now also been restricted because I bought a mobile top up. Lads. Get it together please. I cannot stress enough how badly I need this sorted. After tonight I don't even have any accommodation booked. I have been using both my cards here successfully for the last 3 weeks. Why now the sudden panic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Their support on boards is 8-5
    They have 24/7 cover on twitter @talktoboi

Hope you get sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Robmeister2011

Thanks, I'll get them there. 

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Check your texts or emails to see if they contacted you about suspicious transactions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

My debit card has now also been restricted because I bought a mobile top up. Lads. Get it together please. I cannot stress enough how badly I need this sorted. After tonight I don't even have any accommodation booked. I have been using both my cards here successfully for the last 3 weeks. Why now the sudden panic?
    Hi there,
    Thanks so much for the messages.

Can I ask if you can now use your card normally?

Thanks again, 
    Darren.

• Advertisement
Advertisement