Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin Company With Weekly Recycling

Options
  • 20-07-2018 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if any of the companies serving North County Dublin do *weekly* recycling collections?

We always have too much recycling to fit in a fortnightly collection, and that's after diligently crushing everything down within an inch of its life. I don't understand why, with such an effort to be "green", this isn't an option (I'm very happy to be corrected!) anywhere... Some of them do weekly general waste collection; ironically enough, we only need *that* service every month!

We're a household of 5 and other than being careful to recycle everything that can be recycled, we would be a standard enough type of customer.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Do you live near enough to any of the recycling centres to do a run in between fortnightly collections?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭The Davestator

WetDaddy wrote: »
    Does anyone know if any of the companies serving North County Dublin do *weekly* recycling collections?

We always have too much recycling to fit in a fortnightly collection, and that's after diligently crushing everything down within an inch of its life. I don't understand why, with such an effort to be "green", this isn't an option (I'm very happy to be corrected!) anywhere... Some of them do weekly general waste collection; ironically enough, we only need *that* service every month!

We're a household of 5 and other than being careful to recycle everything that can be recycled, we would be a standard enough type of customer.

I use panda and always have an extra clear recycling bag or two left out with my green bin. Not sure if I get charged for it as I cant remember my password and its only a few cents every two weeks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

One of my neighbours has two recycling bins via panda, might be an option. There's also a larger bin down the country but not sure if they're done in NCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

thesteve wrote: »
    One of my neighbours has two recycling bins via panda, might be an option. There's also a larger bin down the country but not sure if they're done in NCD.

Thanks for the replies, everyone - this is the approach I took with Greenstar. A one-off fee of €25 and I know have a second green bin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

WetDaddy wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies, everyone - this is the approach I took with Greenstar. A one-off fee of €25 and I know have a second green bin :)

\o/

• Advertisement
Advertisement