Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iranian born man attacks 10 in Germany!

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Und jetzt, hier ist Evelyn mit dem Wettervorhersage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

White American man kills 58 in Las Vegas
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Las_Vegas_shooting

If I was bothered I could link to dozens of massacres by white "true Americans"

But a racist would never be bothered about such massacres

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Tread very carefully Op, we don't want to offend anyone here, we have to keep it PC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

*der

Feminine dativ

I'm literally a grammar nazi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

That thread title looks like the OP is really really excited about this. Yay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭screamer

CeilingFly wrote: »

To be fair that article is old...and we'd want to be living under a rock to not know about and remember that. Don't play the racist card..... It cheapens out racism. Take this post for what it is a statement of fact, rather than try to add a racist slant to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭gw80

Why are you talking about Americans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

screamer wrote: »
    To be fair that article is old...and we'd want to be living under a rock to not know about and remember that. Don't play the racist card..... It cheapens out racism. Take this post for what it is a statement of fact, rather than try to add a racist slant to it.

So why does it matter that the person is Iranian?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Iranians are usually Shia, those who support Isis are usually Sunni. Just as a piece of vaguely related info. Could also prove to be completely wrong in this case.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Take this post for what it is a statement of fact, rather than try to add a racist slant to it.

We don't know that the thread title is true at this stage (that the attacker is Iranian). That was reported by one local news outlet and picked up upon by others, but the German authorities haven't released that information at this stage. Here's what they have said:

"The identity of the perpetrator has been clarified: a 34-year-old German citizen resident in Lübeck. There are currently no indications the man was political radicalised and no signs of a terrorist background."

The reason that the OP mentions a nationality is just clickbait, because the usual suspects just love the Islamic Terrorism angle.
    We should probably hold fire until the actual facts are known.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Phoebas wrote: »
    We don't know that the thread title is true at this stage (that the attacker is Iranian). That was reported by one local news outlet and picked up upon by others, but the German authorities haven't released that information at this stage. Here's what they have said:

"The identity of the perpetrator has been clarified: a 34-year-old German citizen resident in Lübeck. There are currently no indications the man was political radicalised and no signs of a terrorist background."

The reason that the OP mentions a nationality is just clickbait, because the usual suspects just love the Islamic Terrorism angle.

Stop poisoning the thread with logic you Merkel toesucker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Tread very carefully Op, we don't want to offend anyone here, we have to keep it PC.

No, just factual.

You'll find Irish people enjoy facts.

Not fiction.

Doesn't fly here , we can smell spoofers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

what about whataboutery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,168 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

what about whataboutery?

What about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

What has the US problem got to do with germany? Another point on US murders is that black people are the main perpetrators of the murders of blacks people in the US. Is that because they are black? No. It’s the equivalent of linking that Las Vegas massacre to the fact the shooter was white. The problems are US specific. The Islamic terror attacks in Europe are a problem different to the US problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,168 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

OP is presumably trying to further an agenda that immigration is bad.

For every 20 threads trying to make this point, 19 prove to not prove it.

Can we just not do this every ****ing time?

So why does it matter that the person is Iranian?????

It only seems to matter to you...so I can't answer your question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Next some sjw will bring up that more people die in traffic than are murdered. So apparently there is nothing to worry about, just carry on and hope no-one you care about is on the wrong bus..

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »

Well now who is being presumptuous now? Seriously, there's bandwagonning all over this thread......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Aren't Iranians white also? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Nothing to see here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Aren't Iranians white also? :confused:

The Persians of Iran are part Aryan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

*der

Feminine dativ

My old German teacher would be disgusted with me.

350px-German_definite_article_declension.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Phoebas wrote: »

I've seen this a lot on boards. Who are these "usual suspects" you speak off?

Also just out of curiosity, what is your opinion on catholicism?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

That use of literally would have you out on your ear...

biko wrote: »
    Next some sjw will bring up that more people die in traffic than are murdered. So apparently there is nothing to worry about, just carry on and hope no-one you care about is on the wrong bus..

It's peanut allergy that's used too. Evil delicious bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭twinytwo

everlast75 wrote: »

So you are saying that uncontrolled mass illegal entry into Europe is good then?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

That's the first time ever I heard of a Persian being involved in any terrorism in Europe.

They're Shia, well mostly and Shia Islam is a lot more tolerant and integrate than the wahabbies and Salafists.

Iranians have a lot more in common with us Celts than you think, Farsi and Gaelic have a lot on common...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Ride me sideways was another one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,648 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Maybe the attacker used to be a man

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

What has the US problem got to do with germany? Another point on US murders is that black people are the main perpetrators of the murders of blacks people in the US. Is that because they are black? No. It’s the equivalent of linking that Las Vegas massacre to the fact the shooter was white. The problems are US specific. The Islamic terror attacks in Europe are a problem different to the US problem.

Feckin hell. First you make the point that not all people can be judged based on the actions of one then you flip flop. This is all that prosecutors have said about the attacker.

Prosecutor Hingst told mass-market daily BILD that the suspected attacker is "a 34-year-old German citizen of Iranian origin"."We have no indication of political radicalisation of any kind," she added.

So wouldn't calling this an Islamic terror attack based solely on his country of origin go completely against the rule you just established in the first part of your post?

biko wrote: »

You'd think with such a long list of forums under your moderator belt you'd be able to add more to a thread than just try and piss off the liberals or that you could at least do a better job of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

I've seen this a lot on boards. Who are these "usual suspects" you speak off?

Also just out of curiosity, what is your opinion on catholicism?

Its used by posters who are dying to do a bit of virtue signalling but no one has yet said anything on the thread that they can find objectionable. Happening on a good few threads lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,656 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

robbiezero wrote: »
    Its used by posters who are dying to do a bit of virtue signalling but no one has yet said anything on the thread that they can find objectionable. Happening on a good few threads lately.

If ever a phrase is used to much on here it has to be this crap, i swear there are posters with their fingers poised hovering over those 11 letters ready to shoehorn it into any post that does not agree with them.

If ever a phrase is used to much on here it has to be this crap, i swear there are posters with their fingers poised hovering over those 11 letters ready to shoehorn it into any post that does not agree with them.

If ever there was an indicator that someone lacks a moral compass or is incapable of empathy it's the use of that phrase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

If ever there was an indicator that someone lacks a moral compass or is incapable of empathy it's the use of that phrase.

If ever there was an indicator of someone unable to stand over an argument or counter others it's the use of emotive nonsense like this, name-calling and baseless accusations - playing the man, not the ball if you will.

This could go on all day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

I'm not a snowflake, YOU'RE the snowflake!!

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    If ever there was an indicator of someone unable to stand over an argument or counter others it's the use of emotive nonsense like this, name-calling and baseless accusations - playing the man, not the ball if you will.

This could go on all day

Surely calling someone a virtue signaller is playing the man and not the ball? But I guess this is the right wing thing now. Demand civility and decorum while flinging mud from the gutter. But I'm glad you used the word emotive as a negative. It kind of proves my point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'm not a snowflake, YOU'RE the snowflake!!

No no.. you're the heartless/racist/xenophobic/<insert term of the month here>

:rolleyes:

And what the point of this? To shut down any reasonable discussion on valid topics of concern because they can't handle other views or debate their points in a reasonable way.

I asked this several times before and I've STILL to get a reasonable answer..

What benefits is there to Europe (and Ireland in particular) of allowing (tens of) thousands of people with no skills, no way to support themselves, and who come from a culture and religious system that is incompatible with our way of life, to resettle here?

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    What benefits is there to Europe (and Ireland in particular) of allowing (tens of) thousands of people with no skills, no way to support themselves, and who come from a culture and religious system that is incompatible with our way of life, to resettle here?

No point complaining because nobody wants to answer your heavily loaded question. I'll presume you want to exclude all the non-tangible benefits, and by that I mean anything cultural or moral.

I guess the biggest issue for Europe going forward is the ageing population. Population numbers will stagnate and the median ages will continuously rise. The immigrants tend to come from countries with much lower median ages. here's a couple of articles that I found interesting.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/chris-johns-benefits-of-immigration-are-staggering-1.2892712

https://www.forbes.com/sites/riverbed/2018/06/20/business-leaders-new-survey-finds-digital-performance-gap-and-how-to-overcome-it/#7a400f86a4eb

But I guess the real test of immigration will be seen with Brexit. With major labour shortages predicted in some industries and an increasingly ageing native population it will be interesting to see how they deal with it without immigrants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Your answer is "I'm not answering that". Then you go with wishy washy "moral" norms as a plus? Like what? You round off by saying they'll repopulate the place, despite not really giving any plusses at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

I guess the biggest issue for Europe going forward is the ageing population. Population numbers will stagnate and the median ages will continuously rise. The immigrants tend to come from countries with much lower median ages. here's a couple of articles that I found interesting.

But I guess the real test of immigration will be seen with Brexit. With major labour shortages predicted in some industries and an increasingly ageing native population it will be interesting to see how they deal with it without immigrants.

Null point. Ireland already has one of the highest youth population and highest birth rates in the EU.

Automation will take upto 50% of ALL current jobs by 2030. The most at risk after this point, are all those that are not classed as 'highly skilled'.

These new arrivals will likely only add to the welfare state (unless they're programmers, brain surgens or scientists etc).

The only long-term labour shortages (outside of short-term seasonal demands) will be for people 'very highly qualified', 'highly experienced' and/or with 'exceptional skills', not to mention language fluency.

Then once tax harmonisation occurs, standby to watch 100,000's of jobs dissapear almost overnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Can we change the title to "German citizen attacks Germans in Germany"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Or German citizen born in Iran attacks 14 random Germans citizens in Germany, with kitchen knife and flees leaving smoking rucksack?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

*der

Feminine dativ

Capital N.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Or German citizen born in Iran attacks 14 random Germans citizens in Germany, with kitchen knife and flees leaving smoking rucksack?

Jest hopping the ball like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

And how the **** are well going to turn this into a multicultural/immigration thread then?

These there threads serve a purpose: culling the people incapable of arguing a point with logic when they start screaming personal insults and get banned.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement