Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24 hours after installation still no service!!!!!!!!!

Options
  • 21-07-2018 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Moved to eir yesterday and still no service. Told I have a fault in the house. Vodafone working perfectly well until change over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rang eir tech dept and automated system told me my landline number and account number aren't recognised, 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭THENORTHSIDER

add insult to injury reconnected my vodafone modem because still contracted to them and as you can see Im online on boards.ie

wonder what the fault is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Most likely a pending order installed before due date, keep using Vodafone modem until service stops,then swop out with the eir f2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭THENORTHSIDER

kbell wrote: »
    Most likely a pending order installed before due date, keep using Vodafone modem until service stops,then swop out with the eir f2000.
    Vodafone up and running,

what bothered me kbell was the mixed messages from the tech dept, told it would take 24 hours, there was a fault in my house, reset the modem, ring us back in 24 hours. Eventually my brain kicked in to try and use vodafone modem to end of contract date.

Was assured by salesperson that there would be no issue in the transition period changing from vodafone to eir and i think this is where the overall issue was.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭suave.4u

same thing happened to me:

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057862279

The team on Boards are very good and should sort you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Moved to eir yesterday and still no service. Told I have a fault in the house. Vodafone working perfectly well until change over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rang eir tech dept and automated system told me my landline number and account number aren't recognised, 
    Hi THENORTHSIDER,

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If you could PM me your full name, account number and date of birth I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement
Advertisement