Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New computer

Options
  • 21-07-2018 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭

Morning all!

I've been reading up on the different makes and models of devices and there seems to be lots of disparity in the reviews. My previous one was a 510 which was fine, bit have decided to upgrade.

General consensus is that the Wahoo Elemnt Bolt is slightly ahead of the Garmin 520 (depending on the review).

My shortlist is now:
    Mio Cyclo 505
    Garmin 520
    Garmin 820
    Wahoo Elemnt Bolt
    Wahoo Elemnt

I'd be interested to hear other peoples experiences and opinions

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I've had a Mio Cyclo 505. It is excellent, however, I found the battery life wanting. You'd get through a long cycle with it, just then you'd need to probably charge it again. You also can't put custom maps afaik, and you can't manually take your files off the device. It was very accurate though, great bright screen, Strava live segments available, connects to Di2 if you want.

Now have a Garmin 1030 which is brilliant, however there are the typical Garmin early adopter niggles. Battery seems to be 16 or so hours too.

Also have a Bryton 60, which I also like, just because wherever I bring it on my travels, it has the maps for that country on it, though it did direct me home on a terrifyingly busy A Road in Yorkshire last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Pulled the trigger on the Mio 505. Thanks for the feeddback

Advertisement