If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended sound bar

Options
  • 21-07-2018 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi

Looking for advice for recommended sound bar for a Walker TV 55 inch - model WP4K55U18
    It’s a decent enough TV with good picture quality but the sound quality is pretty poor, probably to be expected for lower end budget for TV that size.

Could you recommend a decent sound bar to pair with this?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi

Looking for advice for recommended sound bar for a Walker TV 55 inch - model WP4K55U18
    It’s a decent enough TV with good picture quality but the sound quality is pretty poor, probably to be expected for lower end budget for TV that size.

Could you recommend a decent sound bar to pair with this?

Thanks
    Hi frustrated1,

Does your TV have an optical output?

I would start off by looking at the Polk Signa Solo which is a single soundbar at £119.

After this though I would highly recommend the Q Acoustics M4 at £229. This has both analogue and digital optical inputs but is the best sounding bar around this price:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-200641-black-200641.aspx

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭frustrated1

Thanks David, I will check that one out on your site later, appreciate the advice.

Thanks David, I will check that one out on your site later, appreciate the advice.
    No problem, keep me posted!

Hi

Just follow on from this post, seriously thinking of going for the M4 now and will of course be getting from Richersounds if I do.

Some additional questions.
    Soundbar Auto Off, I plan to use the soundbar with optical in / out.
    From what I can see, using this, when I switch the TV on, the soundbar will come on automatically. Do you know if that is the case?

Also I know some soundbars (maybe all?) turn off automatically when no input.
    So for example if i pause something on the TV and go away for 15 minutes, it may turn off automatically. Will that happen and if so, do you know if only solution is to either use soundbar remote or turn tv off / on again?

Thanks again for the advice.

Hi

Just follow on from this post, seriously thinking of going for the M4 now and will of course be getting from Richersounds if I do.

Some additional questions.
    Soundbar Auto Off, I plan to use the soundbar with optical in / out.
    From what I can see, using this, when I switch the TV on, the soundbar will come on automatically. Do you know if that is the case?

Also I know some soundbars (maybe all?) turn off automatically when no input.
    So for example if i pause something on the TV and go away for 15 minutes, it may turn off automatically. Will that happen and if so, do you know if only solution is to either use soundbar remote or turn tv off / on again?

Thanks again for the advice.
    Hi frustrated1,

The M4 does have an auto power off mode. If it hasn't received a signal for 20 minutes it will go into standby.

I have one on display and it also automatically switches on when it reads a signal.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Thanks

I’ll go ahead and order one from your site online, I’m in Co Louth.
    Appreciate all the advice and quick responses.

Thanks

No problem at all Frustrated1.

I'll keep my eye out of your order arriving :)

Thanks

Order arrived this morning, ridiculously quick !
    Will get to play around with this evening when I get home.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Thanks

Order arrived this morning, ridiculously quick !
    Will get to play around with this evening when I get home.
    Excellent News Frustrated1!!

Let us know what you think once you are up and running.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.