Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helping Out

• 21-07-2018 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

I am living in the Limerick area and have recently retired, I have over 40 years of experience in business management and helping start-up companies achieve their goals. I wish to put my new found time to good use and I don't want any payment or reward from anybody that I may be able to help.

I've looked at volunteering work but it seems to be mostly of a social work nature which is an area in which I have no background.

Any suggestions to make good use of my time to help others would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

Stanford wrote: »
    I am living in the Limerick area and have recently retired, I have over 40 years of experience in business management and helping start-up companies achieve their goals. I wish to put my new found time to good use and I don't want any payment or reward from anybody that I may be able to help.

I've looked at volunteering work but it seems to be mostly of a social work nature which is an area in which I have no background.

Any suggestions to make good use of my time to help others would be greatly appreciated.

Founders Fridays are held once a month in Mother Macs for start ups and entrepreurs. It usually consists of a talk by a local business and followed networking. It's run by the BOI. They're on hiatus for the summer but if you contact the bank on O'Connell street they can give you more details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Stanford

Thank you very much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,234 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Fair play to you!

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Fair play to you!

Thanks but any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Birdsong

How about contacting the local Leo group. They might require mentors for people who are starting a new business

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,234 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Thanks but any suggestions?

To be honest I just stumbled across this thread, I don't live in Limerick myself.

What I will say is any of my friends that are born and bred in Limerick would all be of a competitive sporting background and one thing that I've always admired about Limerick people is how successful and sporting they are.

Maybe you could guide a sporting club in a disadvantaged area to help improve facilities that will attract new members and make life easier for the coaches.

Whatever you do I wish you all the best of luck and hope it is fulfilling, not too many people have your unselfish attitude.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Birdsong wrote: »
    How about contacting the local Leo group. They might require mentors for people who are starting a new business

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭iceman777

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7 Mickey Boy

Hi Stanford,

I am happy to avail of any advice that you can give. I am currently working on a start concept and would be happy to meet you in Limerick for a coffee some day.

MC

Mickey Boy wrote: »
    Hi Stanford,

I am happy to avail of any advice that you can give. I am currently working on a start concept and would be happy to meet you in Limerick for a coffee some day.

MC

No problem, I am away until next week so I will PM you when I get back and we can meet up for a coffee no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7 Mickey Boy

No problem, I am away until next week so I will PM you when I get back and we can meet up for a coffee no problem.

Great, look forward to it.

MC

Advertisement