Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facial hair removal cream for blonde hair

Options
  • 21-07-2018 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

I have really thick blonde hair on my face. It is on my cheeks and forehead.It causes my makeup to not look as good as it could. I have had it threaded numerous times and my makeup looks so much better and I feel my skin care even works better. I am wondering would anyone recommend a gently yet effective facial hair removal cream that I could use at hone regularly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

I also have hair on cheeks/sideburns which I used to get threaded, but found it oh so painful. Not a cream but ....

Bought this https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07B2S68LX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Use it for upper lip too, no stubbly regrowth AT ALL. Would highly recommend.Use AddressPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

I must try this. Thank you. Yes the threading is so painful!!! I have also got dermaplaning (when they use a blade to exfoliate and remove all the hair) but this is way too expensive to get done regularly and as my hair is so dense I really need to keep on top of it.

Molly

Really, give this a go, you won't regret it!

Am going ordering it this evening. Thank you again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ToryVi

So happy, that I saw your thread, need it for my upper lip. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

I think there's a JML version of this in selected stores like Debenhams, Tesco etc. Might be worth a look if you don't want to order online.

I wonder though are they as good. Tweezerman which is a good brand seems to have something similiar (after dragona told me about it I did some research!!) but it has very poor reviews and is more than double the price.
    I really wish at some stage they would come out with something similiar to the laser treatment for dark hair for us blondes. They have a ultrasound thing that some clinics advertise for blonde hair removal but again it is expensive with poor reviews. That is why it is only in few clinics. I found Derma planing excellent but at 120€ it is stupidly expensive for what it is. Also I could not afford that on a monthly basis !!!

GaGa21 wrote: »
    I think there's a JML version of this in selected stores like Debenhams, Tesco etc. Might be worth a look if you don't want to order online.

Yep, and the JML version which they also sell in Boots is WAY more expensive. I bought an IPL hand held, only to find out it doesn't work on blonde (peach fuzz) hair. Bought a Nono, don't waste your money, it just burns off the hair with a heated copper wire, and also burnt my lip! Both went back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Vetch

Electrolysis is another option for blonde hair.

Vetch wrote: »
    Electrolysis is another option for blonde hair.

I did try this few years ago but my hair is so dense it would cost a small fortune to get rid of it this way.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I am wondering if that is any good, it is 14.99 don't know if you can really get something for that money that can work magic, I think not

Erm it doesn't need to work magic, it just needs to get rid of the facial hair, which it DOES.
    Easily. painlessly, quickly, leaves no stubble, why pay €50 when you can pay less!!!

More expensive does not always equate to better quality. I'm extremely happy with it, which is why I've recommended it, if you want to pay more, go ahead :D

Advertisement