Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US Presidential Election 2020

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

Anyone watch Tucker Carlson last night
    Hunter Biden's ex-business partner Tony Bobulinski

Lou Dobbs
    @LouDobbs
    Bobulinski’s accusations about the corruption of the Bidens is overwhelming. Efforts of national left wing media and big tech, social media to block the facts supporting Bobulinski’s accusations are scandalous. Carlson’s interview is a major national service.
    1:00 am · 28 Oct 2020·Twitter for iPhone
    Retweets
    Quote Tweets

McFly85 wrote: »
    So 600k people watched a livestream of Trump on a channel you would only watched if you supported Trump anyway? How is that indicative of anything in a country with a voting population of around 250 million?

As opposed as to how many watched Biden

Thats what is being put forward here no in person rallys just folks watching from home

still waiting for the stats

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

DK224 wrote: »
    Not the best argument to use a Priorities USA poll seeing as they actively campaign against Trump but each to their own

Well if you disagree then show polls that contradict the data they are providing. I haven't seen one poll that shows the public support large scale rallies.

After a quick google, the top results show a poll in a swing state and Fox News poll from earlier in the summer show a significant majority of people against them. I'm sure there are plenty more

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/19/fox-news-poll-voters-campaign-rallies-bad-idea-329982

https://www.wral.com/wral-poll-do-voters-support-large-in-person-rallies/19347832/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭Christy42

enno99 wrote: »
    Anyone watch Tucker Carlson last night
    Hunter Biden's ex-business partner Tony Bobulinski

Lou Dobbs
    @LouDobbs
    Bobulinski’s accusations about the corruption of the Bidens is overwhelming. Efforts of national left wing media and big tech, social media to block the facts supporting Bobulinski’s accusations are scandalous. Carlson’s interview is a major national service.
    1:00 am · 28 Oct 2020·Twitter for iPhone
    Retweets
    Quote Tweets
    Tucker Carlson is not meant to be taken seriously according to the channel itself. I wouldn't worry about it.

As for the livestreams. At least anyone watching the livestream won't have been abandoned to get hypothermia like those that attended the rally. The Trump campaign couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DK224

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Well if you disagree then show polls that contradict the data they are providing. I haven't seen one poll that shows the public support large scale rallies.

After a quick google, the top results show a poll in a swing state and Fox News poll from earlier in the summer show a significant majority of people against them. I'm sure there are plenty more

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/19/fox-news-poll-voters-campaign-rallies-bad-idea-329982

https://www.wral.com/wral-poll-do-voters-support-large-in-person-rallies/19347832/
    I'm not trying to argue with you on the point you are trying to make, just that using a polling outfit that actively spends revenue on advertising
    against a candidate probably isn't the best choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'm not trying to argue with you on the point you are trying to make, just that using a polling outfit that actively spends revenue on advertising

?

Christy42 wrote: »
    Tucker Carlson is not meant to be taken seriously according to the channel itself. I wouldn't worry about it.

As for the livestreams. At least anyone watching the livestream won't have been abandoned to get hypothermia like those that attended the rally. The Trump campaign couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery

Odd they pay him so much money :rolleyes:

Those packed, maskless rallies are a gift to Biden and every Dem running down ballot.

Sure Trump's base loves it but even when he isn't leaving thousands stranded polls show they turn most people off him.

https://twitter.com/guycecil/status/1321225949061533696?s=20

That could be explained by stuff like this

https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/status/1321212564345442304?s=20

Trump joked about Biden being shot 3 weeks into office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Overheal wrote: »

Biden said Trump would put black Americans back in chains

• Advertisement

Priorities USA is not a pollster? :confused:
    "Trump’s rallies are actually making voters in battleground states LESS favorable towards him. The numbers are even worse for Trump among persuadable voters. Here are the numbers from the latest polling from
    @prioritiesUSA."

This was the tweet linked to the original post I responded to and I was casting doubts on it as it was supplied by Priorities USA

Biden said Trump would put black Americans back in chains

Can't see any lunatic going around and mass chaining people

Could definitely see a nut, so signaled, trying to kill a President. Not like we haven't seen that before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭McFly85

Thats what is being put forward here no in person rallys just folks watching from home

But I don’t get what you’re trying to prove. Who cares what the number of views are on a livestream?

A quick google shows that in their mid October town halls Biden had 14.5 million viewers to Trumps 11 million. Does that prove anything? Absolutely not.

Roanmore wrote: »
    Rallies aren't going to make people vote for you, if you attend you're going to vote for that person anyway. It may turn you off from voting for that person, see about post on people being stranded but the main reason is to get your speech out in the media, the soundbite, the campaign phrase, etc.
    Look at Obama, no crowds but he is getting under Trump's skin, making him lash out on Twitter.
    I can guarantee you that no undecided voter looked at Trump dad dancing to Village People and said "I really like his moves, I'm going to vote for him".

A campaign official for President Trump’s 2020 campaign said Tuesday that roughly a quarter of those who attend his rallies identify as either a Democrat or an independent voter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

A campaign official for President Trump’s 2020 campaign said Tuesday that roughly a quarter of those who attend his rallies identify as either a Democrat or an independent voter.

Citation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

this is where you lost me...

Ronna McDaniel the GOP Chairwoman releases attendance breakdowns on Twitter after every Trump rally

https://twitter.com/GOPChairwoman/status/1321260119133429762?s=20

The poll isn't done by Priorities, they paid for it just like Fox News and other right wing organizations pay for polling.

I don't see an issue when their polling data lines up with the polling from several other sources.

• Advertisement

Ronna McDaniel the GOP Chairwoman releases attendance breakdowns on Twitter after every Trump rally

Do they break it down by what % are K-Pop fans signing up and not showing up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Can't see any lunatic going around and mass chaining people

Could definitely see a nut, so signaled, trying to kill a President. Not like we haven't seen that before.

Yes ,true

Should Biden be saying such things though?
    Why are his divisive comments ok

Hes Shot, done, finished, disney land you get the drift
    Cant believe you actually posted that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Odd they pay him so much money :rolleyes:

He is an entertainer there to garner TV ratings for the network nothing more.

FOX News in court basically said you shouldn't believe anything he says..

So you question the sourcing from well rated independent polling companies but post content from a well documented liar as if it is a fact? :confused:

• Advertisement

Hes Shot, done, finished, disney land you get the drift
    Cant believe you actually posted that

I suppose you think the next Timothy McVeigh or John Hinckley Jr. is going to make the distinction?

rossie1977 wrote: »
    He is an entertainer there to garner TV ratings for the network nothing more.

FOX News in court basically said you shouldn't believe anything he says..

His guest is doing the talking LOL
    backed up by txt messages and emails :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

So absolutely no metrics involved and one (extremely biased) source as quoted. An nth of critical thinking would throw up many red flags when reading this

So you question the sourcing from well rated independent polling companies but post content from a well documented liar as if it is a fact? :confused:
    I was posting what I was guessing the earlier poster was referencing but hadn't cited.

I suppose you think the next Timothy McVeigh or John Hinckley Jr. is going to make the distinction?

Depends on what their handlers say

But thats for a different discussion

• Advertisement

Backed up by nothing. Claims to have documents, hasn’t produced any. Same with Guliani and his laptop. Claims to have a lot of incontrovertible proof but then is incredibly vague when asked for specifics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭droidus

I cant find the reference but apparently the rallies are actually decreasing support for Trump in the states in which they are held.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

You'll get all the important stats next week.... They're the only stats that matter...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Are we still on the Biden corruption stuff when Republican led investigations showed nothing. Trump could get nothing out of Ukraine which led to his impeachment and Guilliani and Barr have spent months trying to dig up any kind of dirt on them and failed..

On flip side Trump and his associates are the most corrupt individuals ever to be part of the White House. Trumps three campaign managers in 2016 either all in prison or facing prison time. Trumps own family with scandals up to their eyeballs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

I see the Trump supporters have found this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

This thread was going so well recently too

Backed up by nothing. Claims to have documents, hasn’t produced any. Same with Guliani and his laptop. Claims to have a lot of incontrovertible proof but then is incredibly vague when asked for specifics.

Any links to where Biden came out and said it was not his laptop or emails or pics
    of him
    I mean the top FBI for child abuse requested the drive ?

Eh.

You should have seen how that same guest's paper leak fell apart to even the lightest of scrutiny from someone who wasn't just a MAGA or Bust hack like Carlson or Hannity

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/our-interview-is-now-over-giuliani-erupts-on-foxs-kennedy-over-biden-shouts-at-her-for-outrageous-defamation/

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/kennedy-confronts-a-raging-giuliani-on-borat-scene-i-have-a-15-year-old-daughter-and-i-was-kind-of-grossed-out-by-it/

He was so pissed she wasn't eating the story out of his hand, and wanted basic verification, that he threatened to storm off at one point. T'was gas.
    Depends on what their handlers say

But thats for a different discussion

These people don't have handlers.

I see the Trump supporters have found this thread

Oh you dont like opposing opinions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

Amazing turnouts for Trump every place he goes 1000s turn up
    Two and three times a day

Biden Harris nobody bothers ?
    Even Obama couldnt pull more than a 100 people

Car rallys not part of trump campaign 35000 and 75000 cars
    miles of trump supporters

Amazing to watch the likes of ABC CNN etc ignore it

That's like me arguing that Football can't be the most popular sport in the UK because I watched Liverpool, the Champions, play a premier league match in a ground with a capacity of 54,074 and there was, at most, 200 people in the stadium for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Just to put McDaniel's tweet and Murtaugh's comments in context...

"NOT Republican" evidently means not registered Republican.

In 2016 elections, 780,456 votes were cast in the state.

Registration wise, in that same year there were 584,948 Republicans, 370,463 Democrats, 247,734 non-partisan and 11,569 Libertarians.

40% of the sign-ups at that rally amounts to 17,460.

Whichever way you look at it, you're looking at a small percentage of voters spread across a fairly large demographic in a system where voters can still vote for whichever candidate they wish on election day.

Any links to where Biden came out and said it was not his laptop or emails or pics
    of him

Thankfully the USA hasn’t completely gone to pot yet and the burden of proof here is with his accusers. If they had anything that wasn’t hearsay or circumstantial, obviously we’d know it by now.

Biden is doing what any normal person would do, paying this nonsense no mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

of him

Would you ever give over! This bleating about a laptop is pathetic at this stage. A load of ****e peddled by an amadan who was duped by Russian stooges into hawking their BS to fools in a New York rag that's not fit to wrap chips in! And this is the same amadan who was duped by a Bulgarian actor into thinking he was going to fiddle with a 15-year old he was plying whiskey to in a hotel bedroom while his bodyguard was standing guard outside! Spare me! Seriously!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭Christy42

Oh you dont like opposing opinions

You have not presented an opposing opinion or much of anything. Some vague references to what a random entertainment personality said last night and some meaningless figures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Early voting is already more than 50% of the total votes in 2016.

Thankfully the USA hasn’t completely gone to pot yet and the burden of proof here is with his accusers. If they had anything that wasn’t hearsay or circumstantial, obviously we’d know it by now.

Biden is doing what any normal person would do, paying this nonsense no mind.

How about audio of him saying his business partner was top Chinese chief Spy
    would that be more convincing

Good 538 analysis of that wild 17 point lead for Biden in WI:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-to-make-of-that-new-wisconsin-poll-that-has-biden-way-ahead/

Something very relevant to Trump's pig-stupid Covid rallies:
    Nationally, the coronavirus is a losing issue for Trump — 58 percent of Americans disapprove of his handling of the pandemic, on average, compared with just 40 percent who approve — and Wisconsin is no different. According to ABC News/Washington Post, Trump’s net disapproval rating on his handling of the coronavirus in Wisconsin is -20 percentage points — double what it was in mid-September. And 63 percent of registered voters there say they are worried about catching COVID-19. What’s more, Biden leads by a whopping 75 percent to 22 percent among members of this bloc who say they are likely to vote.

How about audio of him saying his business partner was top Chinese chief Spy
    would that be more convincing

My mum used to say the phrase "you're only fooling yourself" a lot to me when I was a child.

gizmo wrote: »
    Just to put McDaniel's tweet and Murtaugh's comments in context...

"NOT Republican" evidently means not registered Republican.

In 2016 elections, 780,456 votes were cast in the state.

Registration wise, in that same year there were 584,948 Republicans, 370,463 Democrats, 247,734 non-partisan and 11,569 Libertarians.

40% of the sign-ups at that rally amounts to 17,460.

Whichever way you look at it, you're looking at a small percentage of voters spread across a fairly large demographic in a system where voters can still vote for whichever candidate they wish on election day.

Sure in 2016 I was there in Greenville SC when Bernie filled a stadium. Doesn't mean the state became a Communist regime, either.

• Advertisement

Christy42 wrote: »
    You have not presented an opposing opinion or much of anything. Some vague references to what a random entertainment personality said last night and some meaningless figures.

But thats not the case a poster said 600,000 watching a broadcast is not indicitave of the population
    but a couple of hundred from polls are ?
    The democrat attendees were there even before the election campaign really kicked in

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement