Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information on ftth

Options
  • 21-07-2018 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,

I was made aware that I can get fibre to the house, I went on and checked the eircode on the eir site and it confirmed that the option is available. I then got into a chat with a sales rep to just ask basic questions
    • are there broadband only bundles available?
    • what is the price of these bundles?
    • does the price change after the end of the contract?
    • what am I getting in regards speed and data usage?
    [*]
    After speaking with three seperate sales reps I have not been able to get this information, the website seems unreliable because I got two different sets of information one which advertised it at 56 euro a month for the contract period then it goes up to 81 euro but that included a talktime bundle and the next time I checked it was offering 24mb broadband for 76 euro.

We would like to upgrade but only want to do so with some knowledge of what we are getting offered as we are currently on a 5mb connection. Would it be possible to get some information on this as everytime I have enquired I have just got a confirmation that I can get fibre and then been asked to sign a year contract.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

Hi mankind before I answer your question do you know your landline number? (don't post it here, just say yes or no)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mankind123

RobiePAX wrote: »
    Hi mankind before I answer your question do you know your landline number? (don't post it here, just say yes or no)
    Yes - I also have my eircode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

mankind123 wrote: »
    Hi,

I was made aware that I can get fibre to the house, I went on and checked the eircode on the eir site and it confirmed that the option is available. I then got into a chat with a sales rep to just ask basic questions
    • are there broadband only bundles available?
    • what is the price of these bundles?
    • does the price change after the end of the contract?
    • what am I getting in regards speed and data usage?

[*]
    After speaking with three seperate sales reps I have not been able to get this information, the website seems unreliable because I got two different sets of information one which advertised it at 56 euro a month for the contract period then it goes up to 81 euro but that included a talktime bundle and the next time I checked it was offering 24mb broadband for 76 euro.

We would like to upgrade but only want to do so with some knowledge of what we are getting offered as we are currently on a 5mb connection. Would it be possible to get some information on this as everytime I have enquired I have just got a confirmation that I can get fibre and then been asked to sign a year contract.
    [*]
    Hi mankind123,

Unfortunately, we do not deal with sales here so we would not be the best channel to use seeking more information.

The best department to speak to would be our sales team, you can contact them directly on 1800 503 303.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

are there broadband only bundles available?
    No, Eir generally bundles landline together with broadband by default.
    what is the price of these bundles
    Here's the pricing. Cheapest deal is 150Mbps package for roughly €50/month. After 12 months it goes up to €81. You will be subject to €99.99 installation fee.
    does the price change after the end of the contract?
    Yes, as previously mentioned most of Eir deals are with 12 months discount. After that period discount expires. But Carphone Warehouse for example are able to re-contract you back to the same price should you agree for another year so your discount will continue.
    what am I getting in regards speed and data usage?
    You should be getting unlimited broadband. Maximum speed determined by your line.
    the website seems unreliable because I got two different sets of information
    Alright, I had exactly same thing happening to me. The reason for that because there are two lines in your house. Your old copper line which probably supports maximum 24 Mbps. And also new Fibre line which supports up to 1000 Mbps. If you search by address, website generally will show you old line maximum speed. If you search by landline number and Eircode then you should see new Eir line speed.

You'll have to use combination of these sites to get the idea what is available at your address. Otherwise just call  Eir Sales.

Eir 1000 Mbps Checker: https://www.eir.ie/broadband/1000mb-fibre

Eir Broadband Checker: https://www.eir.ie/broadband

Eir Fibre Rollout: https://fibrerollout.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Here's the pricing. Cheapest deal is 150Mbps package for roughly €50/month. After 12 months it goes up to €81. You will be subject to €99.99 installation fee.

There are broadband only FTTH products available from eir. They are listed here on page 3:

https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/Part3.1.pdf

Although it is probably a better deal to take the bundle for the first 12 months then either switch ISP or downgrade to the broadband only option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 mankind123

There are broadband only FTTH products available from eir. They are listed here on page 3:

https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/Part3.1.pdf

Although it is probably a better deal to take the bundle for the first 12 months then either switch ISP or downgrade to the broadband only option.
    Thanks to all for the information

Advertisement