Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steel or Wooden Sheds????

Options
  • 21-07-2018 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows a good cheap/value for money place to buy a steel or wooden shed please? Im looking for something approx 14/16ft x 8ft. Im based in Wicklow! Thanks in advance!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Have a steel shed coming in myself soon. It's about the same size, 13'6 by 10". Going with Adman.

I did find a crew that do DIY assembly steel sheds on donedeal. There's also wood frame steel sheds available too. Can't recall suppliers but a quick Google of those terms will get you there.

I'm not sure what your definition of cheap is though. I don't think anything that size is going to be small money unless you are prepared to DIY a lot of it.

And don't forget the base for a steel shed is either going to cost you in terms of time if you can look after the concrete yourself, or money if you are getting lads in to do it.

The one I'm getting can in theory be installed on patio slabs and have a wood floor but bugger replacing the timber every X amount of years and having a rat come up through it.
    Had a couple in the last timber shed and they do incredible damage once in.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Strikor

Thank you so much for that! Yeah ive seen DIY ones which im interested in. Was hoping to get a wooden one for around a grand but also want good quality... Now im looking at these to try to save money but im unsure how flimsy they are:
    https://www.waltongardenproducts.ie/yardmaster-10-x-13-emerald-deluxe-apex-metal-garden-shed
    https://www.waltongardenproducts.ie/yardmaster-12-x-10-woodview-apex-metal-garden-shed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,748 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Whatever you decide on , make sure to put in a good concrete base and slightly elevated if possible.

Cheers, yeah ive started that process. Im going to do it myself. Well, im going to attempt to do it myself!

Don't forget the dpc under the slab!

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 31,062 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Roen wrote: »
    Don't forget the dpc under the slab!

DPM, no? :)

Lumen wrote: »
    DPM, no? :)

That's why I paid someone else to do it!

Thaanks mate ha

Advertisement