Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"I'm too old for this sh" -- What made you really feel that?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Clothing & fashion, or more specifically, mens clothing & fashion.

I've never been one to follow fashion or trends and Im more fashion unconscious than anything but good grief some of the clothes that men wear nowadays look preposterous to me.

Skinny / tight jeans. How are they comfortable?

Dress shoes with no socks. How the funk do you not get blisters?

Tight slacks / pants turned up at the cuff about an inch or so above the ankle. Millhouse hated wearing flood pants but they are now in vogue? :confused:

Shirt collars buttoned up to the neck. Unless Im going to a job interview then the top two buttons are open.

Tracksuits. Fcuking tracksuits. I blame this trend on cretinous chavs like Conor McGregor. Tracksuits should only be worn if going to or coming from sport. People that wear them look like scumbags and not that long ago they were known as the designated uniform of the scobe. These days it seems like every second person you see on the street is wearing one. GTFO.

This 100%

Lads wearing an otherwise neat suit paired with what look like pedal pushers without socks. No one needs to see male bare ankles outside of the beach or pool.

I never button up a shirt all the ways unless I have a tie.

Skinny jeans are an abomination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

danslevent wrote: »
    I am only 26 and I don't like instagram,snapchat...Facebook has become a necessity to keep in touch. I feel out of funk with my peers because I am just really against instagram etc...just creates bragging rights

I was in an ice cream shop the other day that has a separate kind of room with a selfie mirror to take pictures with your ice cream. We have to be near peak stupidity at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

This year’s Longitude line-up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

_Dara_ wrote: »
    I like Facebook and Instagram. But I really fucking hate Snapchat. I had it for a short while but was very quick to delete it. Why did I dislike it so much? It felt like I was regressing when using it. How many times can one see a friend doggy-filtered? And unlike FB and IG, you sort have to reply to people straight away on it. It was way too demanding. And there’s only so many things you can say to someone about their “hilarious” filtered photo.

A friend in work had a relative who passed away and to include those who couldn't attend, they wanted photographs in the order of service with a few heartfelt words.

A cousin sent a picture with a Snapchat filter and "see ya on the other side ya rockin gran ya!"

There are literally no words for anyone who thinks that is ok!!

This year’s Longitude line-up.

Were you like me going - who ? who's that ? Who are they ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Cushtie wrote: »
    Once saw a sticker on a car..."old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill"

His head was still writing cheques his body couldn't cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Influencers and Bloggers.

I'm pretty tech savvy so I'm aware of trends and all that, so I know what they do but I can't for the love of Gawd figure out why they're so popular or the money making behind it.

The latest thing I've seen is a hotel in Cork advertising an event with two speakers one an Irish blogger in New York, the other some "Mumsy" blogger with less than 4k followers. I'd understand if they had use numbers of followers but I know parody accounts with bigger numbers than that.

Also, how do people get dragged into the whole thing? The fake pics, the misuse of #ads, reselling cheap items for a huge markup?

On a related note that BloggersUnveiled account on Instagram is brilliant from calling them out.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Influencers and Bloggers.

I'm pretty tech savvy so I'm aware of trends and all that, so I know what they do but I can't for the love of Gawd figure out why they're so popular or the money making behind it.

The latest thing I've seen is a hotel in Cork advertising an event with two speakers one an Irish blogger in New York, the other some "Mumsy" blogger with less than 4k followers. I'd understand if they had use numbers of followers but I know parody accounts with bigger numbers than that.

Also, how do people get dragged into the whole thing? The fake pics, the misuse of #ads, reselling cheap items for a huge markup?

On a related note that BloggersUnveiled account on Instagram is brilliant from calling them out.

A friend of mine was getting chatted up by a young one and asked him what he did "I'm a freelance influencer".

He had a blog.

Advertisement